Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Some rare optimism/bold predictions from yours truly.

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    With all due respect, 'thinking' his hands are fine doesn't make them fine. I 'thought' we'd never trade Randy Moss, and I 'thought' wrong.

Just curious, but did you watch TO when he was a young WR in san fran? Now there is a WR that had a case of the dropsies! Yet he overcame it and became one of the best WR's in the NFL. Now just because he did it, doesn't mean williamson will, but it does show that that is something that can be worked on. Chris Carter didn't have the awesome hands that he ended his career with, when he was first entering the league. Williamson seems to have good drive and determination, and a great work ethic, so that leads me to believe that he will work on his hands and improve. And nerves definitely contributed to some of the early drops, which showed when his drops became less and less as the camps went on.

Remember, williamson is a raw developmental WR, which is one reason I wanted big mike at 7 instead, but anyways because he is raw, hands and route running are the 2 things he is gonna be working hard on this year. If he imporves them both, he will be a great receiver in the NFL. If he doesn't, he will still be a good WR, but not great.

But I will not label a kid as having bad hands, because he dropped some balls in his first few mini camps, when he was nervous.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

From what I've read, Troys problem catching was on his first day of his first mini-camp... probably due to nerves. He did not have a problem with his hands thereafter.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Now there's some confidence! I like it!
    ;-)

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    With all due respect, 'thinking' his hands are fine doesn't make them fine. I 'thought' we'd never trade Randy Moss, and I 'thought' wrong.

Just curious, but did you watch TO when he was a young WR in san fran? Now there is a WR that had a case of the dropsies! Yet he overcame it and became one of the best WR's in the NFL. Now just because he did it, doesn't mean williamson will, but it does show that that is something that can be worked on. Chris Carter didn't have the awesome hands that he ended his career with, when he was first entering the league. Williamson seems to have good drive and determination, and a great work ethic, so that leads me to believe that he will work on his hands and improve. And nerves definitely contributed to some of the early drops, which showed when his drops became less and less as the camps went on.

Remember, williamson is a raw developmental WR, which is one reason I wanted big mike at 7 instead, but anyways because he is raw, hands and route running are the 2 things he is gonna be working hard on this year. If he imporves them both, he will be a great receiver in the NFL. If he doesn't, he will still be a good WR, but not great.

But I will not label a kid as having bad hands, because he dropped some balls in his first few mini camps, when he was nervous.
    TO STILL has a problem with dropped passes to this day - he just only drops the ball when his team is losing at the moment - see the tapes of the Pittsburgh game last year, the Atlanta game w/ the 49ers in I think 2002, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

TO STILL has a problem with dropped passes to this day - he just only drops the ball when his team is losing at the moment - see the tapes of the Pittsburgh game last year, the Atlanta game w/ the 49ers in I think 2002, etc.

And TO is one of the best WR's in the game, so dropping a few balls doesn't mean much. And williamson has yet to do it in games, so lets wait and see, before we label the poor kid.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Maybe you should stop thinking. Hehee! :lol:

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

And TO is one of the best WR's in the game, so dropping a few balls doesn't mean much. And williamson has yet to do it in games, so lets wait and see, before we label the poor kid.
    I would debate that TO is the Jessica Simpson of Football. Good, but not great, but very, very well publicized, and a media darling.

One thing I will say for the guy - I'm currently following his workout plan, and I come in WASTED three days a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

I would debate that TO is the Jessica Simpson of Football. Good, but not great, but very, very well publicized, and a media darling.

One thing I will say for the guy - I'm currently following his workout plan, and I come in WASTED three days a week.

Weren't you the one who said TO was a great receiver and the great WR that got the eagles over the hump and to the super bowl? Where I then suggested that it wasn't TO that got them over the hump, but more of a weaker NFC.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

lol irony.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    No, I was referring to Moss' 2003 season.

And I think Troy Williamson is a few drops from becoming Troy "Demetrius Underwood" Williamson but that's me
    Oh my, that's incredibly frightening to think of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast