Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re:Some random numbers

Good post. However, people will always find something to bitch about with any team. Who they've played, who they've beat, on the road, at home, won by two, won by 10, played this team without this player. Screw it, who cares a wins a win (biggest cliche ever I know) and we have 11 of em right now. Let's go in and get number 12 against a "crappy team" that "we should beat."

The Vikings don't make their schedule, they can only play it. So eff the naysayers the vikes are 11-2 and they shouldn't be ashamed of it.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Also, my favorite stat is that we are the ONLY team with a 1,000 yard rusher and 1,000 yard receiver! Nice.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

marstc09 wrote:
    Looks like someone reads Purplepride.org B)

Where Gonzo Laughs At the "Minnesota Hasn't Played Anyone" Fallacy

by Gonzo form the Daily Norseman on Dec 16, 2009 7:34 AM CST in Vikings 2009 Season
    If you take a look at the NFL standings, you'll see that there are seven teams that have won at least nine games through the first 14 weeks of the year. . .the New Orleans Saints (13-0), the Indianapolis Colts (13-0), the Vikings (11-2), the San Diego Chargers (10-3), the Cincinnati Bengals (9-4), the Philadelphia Eagles (9-4), and the Green Bay Packers (9-4).

The Vikings have played three games against the teams in that group, two against the Packers and last week against the Bengals. They're 3-0 in those games. How have the rest of the teams on that list done against that group?

New Orleans: 1-0 (defeated a McNabb-less Eagle team in Week 2)
    Indianapolis: 0-0 (haven't played a team yet that currently has at least 9 wins)
    San Diego: 1-0 (defeated Philadelphia in Week 10)
    Cincinnati: 1-1 (beat Green Bay in Week 2, lost to Minnesota in Week 14)
    Philadelphia: 0-2 (lost to New Orleans in Week 2, lost to San Diego in Week 10)
    Green Bay: 0-3 (lost twice to Minnesota, lost to Cincinnati in Week 2)
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2009/12/16/1202934/where-gonzo-laughs-at-the?ref=yahoo
    This was just tweeted by VIKESSTADIUM too.

VIKESSTADIUM tweeted:
    There are currently 7 teams with at least 9 wins: NO (13-0), IND (13-0), Vikings (11-2), SD (10-3), CIN (9-4), PHI (9-4), and GB (9-4).

Lets look at how all those teams have done against the other 9-Win teams (one-by-one).....

New Orleans: 1-0 (defeated a McNabb-less Eagle team in Week 2).
    Indianapolis: 0-0 (haven't played a team yet that currently has at least 9 wins).
    San Diego: 1-0 (defeated Philadelphia in Week 10).
    Cincinnati: 1-1 (beat Green Bay in Week 2, lost to Minnesota in Week 14).
    Philadelphia: 0-2 (lost to New Orleans in Week 2, lost to San Diego in Week 10).
    Green Bay: 0-3 (lost twice to Minnesota, lost to Cincinnati in Week 2).
    The Vikings: 3-0 (Beat Green Bay twice and just beat Cincinnati).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

This website kicks ass! :kiss:

raptorman is offline Starter

Here's some more random numbers. I was discussing the Packer-Vikings defense over the last 5 games on a Packer forum and they kept telling me that the Packers defense was playing better then the Vikings over that time period. So I did some stats and this is what I came up with.

The numbers over the last 5 games:

Packers Defense: Pass-1,037 yards, Rush-317 Total 1,354 yards, 71 points.

Vikings Defense: Pass-995 yards, Rush 373 yards Total 1,368 yards, 69 points.

5 Game average.

Packers: Pass 207 ypg, rush 63 ypg for a 270 total ypg and 14.2 points per game
    Vikings: Pass 199 ypg, rush 74 ypg for a 273 total ypg and 13.8 points per game

Now if you take out the worst D performace of the last 5 games you get this.

Packers: (minus Dallas) Pass 196 ypg, rush 64 ypg Total 260 ypg 16 points per game.
    Vikings: (minus Arizona) Pass 178 ypg, rush 65 ypg total 242 ypg 9.75 points per game.

Remember the Vikings played at least 1 maybe 2 playoff teams out of those 5. The Packers might have played 1, if Dallas gets in.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

GREEEEEATTTTT POST!

raptorman wrote:
    Here's some more random numbers. I was discussing the Packer-Vikings defense over the last 5 games on a Packer forum and they kept telling me that the Packers defense was playing better then the Vikings over that time period. So I did some stats and this is what I came up with.

The numbers over the last 5 games:

Packers Defense: Pass-1,037 yards, Rush-317 Total 1,354 yards, 71 points.

Vikings Defense: Pass-995 yards, Rush 373 yards Total 1,368 yards, 69 points.

5 Game average.

Packers: Pass 207 ypg, rush 63 ypg for a 270 total ypg and 14.2 points per game
    Vikings: Pass 199 ypg, rush 74 ypg for a 273 total ypg and 13.8 points per game

Now if you take out the worst D performace of the last 5 games you get this.

Packers: (minus Dallas) Pass 196 ypg, rush 64 ypg Total 260 ypg 16 points per game.
    Vikings: (minus Arizona) Pass 178 ypg, rush 65 ypg total 242 ypg 9.75 points per game.

Remember the Vikings played at least 1 maybe 2 playoff teams out of those 5. The Packers might have played 1, if Dallas gets in.
    I will be refering back to this post when talking to my brother in law about how the cheesedick d is no better than the vikes! GREAT POST!

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

VKG4LFE,
    Maybe he needs some head to head stats, we're 2-0 against them and sacked them 14 times while giving up 0, They may have outgained us in yards, But as I checked the standings, I only saw wins and losses, The paper must have left out the "Who's D is playing better" column
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

molineviking wrote:
    VKG4LFE,
    Maybe he needs some head to head stats, we're 2-0 against them and sacked them 14 times while giving up 0, They may have outgained us in yards, But as I checked the standings, I only saw wins and losses, The paper must have left out the "Who's D is playing better" column
    hahaha you are absolutely right!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12