Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Some props for Mike

Ok, youse guys, dis is whut I saw onna few websites about our coach, Mike Tice, which some uh youse guys like to call da 'Meathead'. I tought youse might like to see whut dere sayin' about 'im now, y'know?

================================================

Michael Smith, ESPN.com

I, for one, owe Mike Tice an apology. Back when the Vikings were 1-4 and getting embarrassed on an almost weekly basis, I said on several occasions that the team's performance, coupled with the "Love Boat" scandal, was grounds for Tice to be fired. And that's precisely why I'm not running a team right now. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf didn't fire his head coach, and now the Vikings are on fire, as in four wins in a row.
    The offense has been efficiently effective with Brad Johnson guiding the ship. The defense has been what we expected it to be before the season. The Vikings held the Browns' Reuben Droughns in check Sunday and forced five turnovers, giving Minnesota 15 takeaways during its winning streak.

Tice has done a wonderful job keeping his crew together. For that, maybe, just maybe, he deserves to keep his job beyond this year. It'll be interesting to see what Wilf decides to do with Tice after the season.

Adam Schein, FOXSports.com

We need to give one of our favorite targets, Mike Tice, and super-sub quarterback Brad Johnson a lot of credit for the Vikings' four-game winning streak after Minnesota beat the Browns 24-12. Johnson tossed three touchdowns, all to Marcus Robinson. His efficiency as a passer and his calming presence as a leader are what makes him so impressive and important to this team. The Vikings defense did a great job bottling up Reuben Droughns and pressuring Trent Dilfer. The Vikes' defense picked off Dilfer twice, Charlie Frye once, and all three Johnson touchdowns came off Browns turnovers. Minnesota is 6-5, above .500 for the first time all year.

And while this hot streak won't eradicate the laundry list of wrongs for the Vikings and Tice to start the season, the coach deserves praise for settling down a turbulent team. This season was en route to being a total nightmare for the Vikings. Tice has his team playing hard and believing they are going to win.

=============================================

I know dis won't change youse guys opinion about 'im, duh ones dat don't like 'im, I mean, and I kinda tought at one time, y'know, hey, mebbe dere right about 'im, too, y'know? Like, mebbe he should hit da pavement. But, I'm just glad for 'im, y'know. Mebbe we should keep 'im around a while longer. Whut youse guys tink about dat?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Some props for Mike

I'm convenienced that all the problems were not attributed to Tice. Most of it to Red's cheapness. I htink he has lousy assistant coaches and I really believe Tice will be back for another year with Wilf and he will tell Wilf who he wants for coaches and Wilf will get them for him. And along the way, Tice will get a nice raise.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Exactly.. I said let's keep him for atleast this year.. Looks like it might pan out! I've always liked Tice and it looks like we are heading in the right direction

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Mike certainly deserves praise, not only now that we are winning, but also when we were struggling.

Mikes plate has been heaping all year. Not only has he been doing his head coaching duties, but he has also been doing O-Line, defense & offensive coordinator coaching duties as well.

That's a lot to expect from any HC in the NFL.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Big C is offline Coordinator

I agree. Tice deserves some credit.
    - His focus on special teams in the off-season is certainly paying off.
    - Him signing Koren after "meeting him and looking him in the eye" is paying off.
    - Starting goldberg, fowler and johnson on the O-Line is paying off.
    - Getting involved with the D after the Carolina game is paying off.

I don't know if he will be here next year, but he deserves credit for all the good things he has done this year.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

If we get into the playoffs I can certainly see him competeing with dungy for coach of the year. To go from 1-4 misfits to 6-5 contenders is truly a hard feat. Our defense is playin the way we knew they would given time. Our offense is gettin better week bye week, you can see it. Brad Johnson has taken the role of leader and run away with it. I cant even begin to describe the play of pat williams and sharper. This team really needed time. Time was the key. Tice hung in there and kept the team going. Do I want him as my coach next year? At this level of play yes. But who knows...I mean having a bunch of playmakers on a team, thier bound to click and start making it happen. Tice has provided himself some breathing room and saved some restless nights. We'll see as we continue! SKOL!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

I have always questions some of his decisions and the lack of adjustments made during the games, and a lot of his off the field stuff on dealing with the team. But as he starts getting his paws into more and more of the stuff the O and D coachs are supposed to be handling I am seeing more and more improvements and I think that should be directly attributed to tice.

If the team keeps playing as well as it has I cant see any reason to get rid of him. props for tice

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"