Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Some Pics Of The New Vikes Stadium

I see where the newspaper and TV are saying that Bush wants to give everyone a credit from $300 to $800 on their federal income tax. Now if everyone would put that towards the new stadium...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Dang, those looks awesome!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=41506.msg708383#msg708383 date=1200540799]
    I know some peopel dissagree but I still like the idea of a retractable roof. Have it open for the football season but if we wanted to host a indoor event or evan a Super Bowl ion Mid january the roof coluld be closed as needed. Some people have the idea that retractable roof means domed stadium and no outdoors but I am missing where they get the idea. If the roof is open isn't it outside?
    What people fail to understand is that the decision to have the roof open or closed will NOT be up to the Vikings.

For example - if the conditions in Minnesota on a Sunday in December were like they were in Green Bay last weekend, the NFL would tell them to close the roof.
    Houston has seen this at Reliant Stadium on a number of occasions already.

=Z=
    You are absolutely right Zeus. The Vikings will not even own the stadium. It will be owned by the Metropolitan Sports Commission. The Vikes will just lease it like they do now with the Metrodome. And Wilf will be putting up a ton of money to own nothing. But he'll make it back on increased seating and more luxury boxes.
    Very few teams own their stadium outright.
    And yet most want the Wilf Ownership group to pay for this one out of thier own pocket.
    If they pay for it they can own it outright, I'm fine with that. No seriously, get rid of the Metropolitan sports commission. As far as I can tell they don't add any money to the state budget, they operate on their own, but that is after tax money was used to build the metrodome.

I think the only way the vikings get a new stadium any time soon is if the Twins have a good year. Alot of taxpayers feel like they are getting hosed because they spent alot of money on a twins stadium, and then the twins still don't re-sign their top talent, or spend the money to be competitive.

[/quote]In no way are the twins going to be competititve if the twins get rid of santana in the next 2 years. We already got rid of Torri just after we got our new stadium, conveniently, no less,
    and now Santana is going bye bye, who seen this coming? I did! Twins got a huge deal with getting a paid for ball park and yet the Vikings wont get one now because the Twins just raped that idea because they just are throwing all the High $$ talent away to other teams and the older man owner Polad is happy but when he is gone the Kid can say the old man was crazy i didnt promise anything myself...... So I dont see the Vikings getting a new stadium for years, and The twins are going to fall to the bottom and nver going to be able to compete in the central divsion if we cant even try to keep our Santan, the best pitcher in base ball, then last year when we had the opps to get a DH b4 the deadline we didnt even try ... Santanas and Hunters fate was sewn then. Wasnt trying to go off on a tangent about the twins but it is saying all about why the Vikes are screwed unless a myricle?(spelling) happens for our franchise.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011