Ryno is offline Rookie

Some observations on the game

-I know it has already been said, but I'm going to say it again Mewelde is an absolute tackle breaking beast!

-Offensive line & tight ends played very good. I think only two false starts.

-Although it was in the first quarter, Winfield made a playmakers play with his INT w/ a return for 56 yards.

-Special teams did a good job minus holding penalties on what seemed like every kick return. M Anderson, what a relief that the chiefs released this guy and not Tynes(missed extra point & a crucial field goal in yesterdays loss to Jacksonville)
    -I never thought I would ever say this, but Ranoll Smith had a good game at special teams, not sure about him as an every down LB, but with all the injuries we have at that position we have few options.

-C-Pepp, What can I say.... another 5 TD game, Record breaking!

- Burleson had his best game of his short Vikings career

The one real negative throughout the game was again aspects of the defense. We still need to get more pressure from our front four, although I thought we were more aggressive in our blitzes. I thought the secondary played a bit better than last week, but we still need to create more havoc back their.....for now I'll take the INT Winfield got as a step in the right direction.

As far as our low ranking on defense 29,30,31 or whatever, even if are last in the league we're still one spot better than any opposing D that goes up against our offense(minus the Phila game which we took a twelve gauge to both feet in the game)
    This Defense will get better as the season progresses.

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

Another observation: Joe Theisman is the most irratable POS commentator I've ever heard.

1. Saying Moss should not have come back in the game, so freakin what if it was to be a decoy.
    2. When Daunte got the helmet to the head, he said, "that was a bad call by the refs, that hit him in the shoulder" then after the other 2 said "no it was to the head" and then seeing the replay, that ass had no choice but to recant his statement.
    3. Talking about the Vikings insulting the Aints receivers with our safety blitz.

WTF is this morons problem with calling an unbiased game?
    ukeright: Joe Theisman ukeright:
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

Del Rio Guest

Thiesman is an idiot.......period.

But I don't think it was him that called it an insult it was one of the other two and frankly it is an insult and it's not a bad thing.

And He had a point in that Williams should have been called for hitting Brooks on the helmet. A rule is a rule and should be called consistantly.

But all in all he is worthless.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'm not sure Williams intended to hit Brooks in the head. It looked like his hand was caught in a Saints jersey and he yanked it, REALLY HARD, to get it free. It made a beeline for Brooks helmet. I guess either the ref didn't see the blow to the head, or he saw what caused it.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

It does not matter if it was an accident a blow to the head is a penality. I saw poor officiating for the whole game but the game was called evenly so it was just a bad crew.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Plus the ref's didn't call any holding on either team. It was great, on 3 instances I saw big Dave Dixon trotting off the field after a TD with a big old grin on his face. One of the guys I was watching the game with mimicked Dave and said; "This is great! They aren't calling me for holding or nothing!"
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one