NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Some interesting points from chat witLester Bagley

Lester Bagley just finished up a live chat on Vikings.com, and here is some of the interesting points that I pulled out. You can see the whole chat at http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/New-Stadium-Live-Chat---Wed-April-28-at-1130-am-CST/2b6e7edc-ee52-4064-87c6-cd27aebc9df7

11:36 [Comment From Jarid KuchenreutherJarid Kuchenreuther: ]
    What other events will be held in the new stadium?

Wednesday April 28, 2010 11:36 Jarid Kuchenreuther
    11:39 Lester Bagley: There is little doubt that this facility will have a roof, likely a fixed roof, therefore it will be a multi-purpose venue and will be available for a number of events - community events, high school soccer, cheerleading, football, baseball, etc. Also a Super Bowl will return, NCAA Final Four(s) and a number of other national and international events will take place. There have been discussions with Legislators about the need to hire a 3rd-party operator to aggressively pursue other high-profile events.
    11:48 [Comment From Caleb Chapman Caleb Chapman: ]
    Hey Mr. Bagley, I was just wondering if there are any locations that the organization has looked into or is considering regarding the new stadium. Also, Is there any certainty that it will be built? Wednesday April 28, 2010 11:48 Caleb Chapman

11:52 Lester Bagley: It is certain to be built. In terms of location, legislators have proposed 2 options that will likely be part of the legislation. One option is a site-neutral proposal that would allow a local partner to step up with a site and a finance plan. The other option is the Metrodome site in Minneapolis. There is no question that the current site provides tremendous advantages via infrastructure, roads, bridges, light rail, utilities, etc. that already exist. However, the Metrodome bill that passed included a site selection process, so it's possible that that's the path we will go down. This issue will be sorted out imminently.
    12:04 [Comment From chris chris: ]
    If the vikings build a new stadium. will the Vikings play in TCF stadium? Wednesday April 28, 2010 12:04 chris

12:06 Lester Bagley: If the Metrodome site is selected, we will likely need to play 2 seasons at TCF Stadium. Who wouldn't want to play in a stadium that has a locker room where you could run an offensive play! This facility would not work long-term for the Vikings, but we have had preliminary conversaions with University officials who are willing to be part of our solution. Stay tuned on this one.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Some interesting points from chat witLester Bagley

So...

1) Fixed roof. I think this is the best option. I know, there are a lot of fans who would like to see it outdoors again, but IMHO most of those fans have never been to an outdoor football game in Minnesota in December. Call me a pussy if you want, but I enjoy being comfortable when I watch a football game. A retractable roof would be the best, but it is cost prohibitive.

2) Downtown Minny is not a guarantee. This is actually a strong point, because it would allow local partners to step up. There are pleanty of suburbs that could play host to a new Vikings stadium...

3) Two years at TCF? Wow, that seems like a long time. And considering that TCF only seats 51k, seats would be a premium for those two years. Glad I have my season tickets now!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=