Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Some guidelines for T-Jack

"DustinDupont" wrote:

i still dont think he tried winning the game on his own...
    Based on what?

His decision making was a classic example of forcing passes rather than taking what the defense gives you.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

Based on what?

His decision making was a classic example of forcing passes rather than taking what the defense gives you.
    so based on that, he tried winning the games on his own?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

Based on what?

I think these types of things are expected from any young QB. While some of Tarvaris wows have looked very eratic its no different then any other young QB devoloping. Not to mention the lack of continuety and production at the WR position.

The one game I felt like Tarvaris stepped up big and decided to take the game into his own hands was the Broncos game. The game that we absolutly had to win to make it in, he stepped up big and provided a comback. In overtime the offensive line failed to protect Tarvaris, he was sacked from behind and fumbled, this most likely would have never been the case if Troy Williamson would have did his job.

I'm extremely exited to have Tarvaris as our QB and look foward to his first contract extention and watching all the fans jumping to other side of wagon.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

Based on what?

I think these types of things are expected from any young QB. While some of Tarvaris wows have looked very eratic its no different then any other young QB devoloping. Not to mention the lack of continuety and production at the WR position.

The one game I felt like Tarvaris stepped up big and decided to take the game into his own hands was the Broncos game. The game that we absolutly had to win to make it in, he stepped up big and provided a comback. In overtime the offensive line failed to protect Tarvaris, he was sacked from behind and fumbled, this most likely would have never been the case if Troy Williamson would have did his job.

I'm extremely exited to have Tarvaris as our QB and look foward to his first contract extention and watching all the fans jumping to other side of wagon.
    I am also so excited to see Tjack play!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

Based on what?

Nahhh, you guys can keep your wagon.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i wouldn't call it a bandwagon yet..

Tjack has talent, he has the arm strength, and now he should have some experience to help guide his decisions.

after spending many many hours watching tape and reviewing his actions. i'm hoping he comes out this year and shows that he has the stuff to be a nfl qb. maybe not near the upper %'s.. at least not yet.. but when he does.. then u can call it a bandwagon..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    basically his biggest problem is trying to do too much, and that is every young qbs flaw while starting in the NFL. All he has to do A. Learn to take sacks, and B. When no one is open, take off with your feet. By playing more he will get used to doing these things(lets hope).
    Um, I think he knows how to do that. In 12 games he took 19 sacks.

What he needs to do more often and it comes with experience, is to throw the ball away instead of trying to force it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I am sure that Tarvaris is working on his fundamentals. He has to fix his mechanics, learn to throw the ball away, and take what the defense gives. He cannot throw off his back foot, nor try forcing the ball late down the middle. Throw it away T-jak, live for the next play.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The way I see it you have a kid trying to play at a level he is not ready to play at and he resorted to what has always got him by....God given talent.

Unfortunately that doesn't always work at this level as every players has alot of that as well.

The game tape they have to look at over this off season is gonna be huge with respect to his development as the coaches go over and over each and every play with him so that he can understand what it takes to be a QB in the NFL.

Again, I'm on the TJ bandwagon as I believe coach Rogers and the rest of the coaching staff will have him ready to go this year.
    We will still see him do some things (jump ball throws) that will leave us scratching our head, but over time even those things will go away as well as he matures this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

Based on what?

Nahhh, you guys can keep your wagon.
    Its not about keeping the wagon, its about being on one side or other. Kinda like Christianity and such, your either on one side or the other.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast