Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Solidify the O line

    "ltrey33" wrote:
    I think our biggest need is still right tackle. I would love to see us draft Winston Justice, but I don't know if it's going to happen.
    Marcus Johnson will come around, no sense in drafting another rookie to start, let's give those we have already drafted a chance.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  2. #12
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Solidify the O line

    I would prefer Marcus McNeill at RT if we draft an OL in the first round...Andrew Whitworth from LSU if we wait until the later rounds.

    I would also like for us to seriously push for Stephen Neal at RG if he isn't already signed with someone else (anyone know?). I agree with the Runyon assessment...Childress must know something.

    At RB, if we don't draft a first-rounder to throw into the mix, I like Joseph Addai in the second round if he is still available...good receiver out of the backfield, good size, good elusiveness....overall, a good WCO back suited for our new offense...and of course, we already know that he looks good in Purple and Gold!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #13
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Solidify the O line

    We need to draft a young center to learn behind Birk, and Eslinger would be a great pickup in the 3rd round.

    As far as right guard and tackle, we should go with Goldberg and Johnson. Both are young players and I think will develop into solid lineman on the Vikes.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  4. #14
    ShanePurpleBlood's Avatar
    ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    772

    Re: Solidify the O line

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I would prefer Marcus McNeill at RT if we draft an OL in the first round...Andrew Whitworth from LSU if we wait until the later rounds.
    I agree, either of those two tackles would be great to push Rosenthal for his job, he kind of fell apart at times. We are ok at guard, Marcus will come around.

    Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

  5. #15
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Solidify the O line

    The more I think about it and put two and two together, we are headed for a QB, OG, LB and SS in the draft. No RBs.

    Taylor was the solution at RB
    We hvae intended on drafting a QB every since Childress took over.
    Childress also let us in on the fact that we need solid O and D line.

    We put one LB, one OG, and a K on this team in the offseason so far. I hope we feel that the DL we got is good enough.

    Importance for the future, not necessarily the order we pick the positions in.
    1. QB - someone that is teachable and can sit back and learn behind BJ
    2. OG - nice to get a guy that can make an impact right away
    3. LB - it seems to me that this is a ??? on this team, many talented guys
    4. SS - this could be Tomlins draft, maybe he gets to in the first round

    No matter what you think about the FA we got, those are the guys that our leaders deemed important, we got them and they are going to try to make them the cornerstones on this team. They may not be names like Peterson or Arrington, but they are guys we think are solid team players.

    Back on point, O line is very important. I agree with Italian, that Marcus will come around and that basically leaves the RG spot to fill. That Miami pick could pick up one of the Gophers and maybe if we wanted to use our first 2nd round pick to take Max Jean Gilles.

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Solidify the O line

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    We need to draft a young center to learn behind Birk, and Eslinger would be a great pickup in the 3rd round.

    As far as right guard and tackle, we should go with Goldberg and Johnson. Both are young players and I think will develop into solid lineman on the Vikes.
    Eslinger is the second rated Center right behind Mangold. If he is still around in the 3rd, you take him. I am sure he could play G and back up center.

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Solidify the O line

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    The more I think about it and put two and two together, we are headed for a QB, OG, LB and SS in the draft. No RBs.

    Taylor was the solution at RB
    We hvae intended on drafting a QB every since Childress took over.
    Childress also let us in on the fact that we need solid O and D line.

    We put one LB, one OG, and a K on this team in the offseason so far. I hope we feel that the DL we got is good enough.

    Importance for the future, not necessarily the order we pick the positions in.
    1. QB - someone that is teachable and can sit back and learn behind BJ
    2. OG - nice to get a guy that can make an impact right away
    3. LB - it seems to me that this is a ??? on this team, many talented guys
    4. SS - this could be Tomlins draft, maybe he gets to in the first round

    No matter what you think about the FA we got, those are the guys that our leaders deemed important, we got them and they are going to try to make them the cornerstones on this team. They may not be names like Peterson or Arrington, but they are guys we think are solid team players.

    Back on point, O line is very important. I agree with Italian, that Marcus will come around and that basically leaves the RG spot to fill. That Miami pick could pick up one of the Gophers and maybe if we wanted to use our first 2nd round pick to take Max Jean Gilles.
    Except that I think that Guard is Marcus Johnson's natural position...and that would mean that we need to draft an OT...which would lead us to have to consider Marcus McNeill in the first round or wait until later to take someone like Andrew Whitworth of LSU. This could easily happen if we sign Stephen Neal in FA and let Marcus Johnson play RT next season (even though I think that he would be playing out of position).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    727

    Re: Solidify the O line

    I wouldn't mind picking up a center in the first day, to learn behind birk for the next couple of years, but birk is not going to be around forever


    Thanks PurpleMafia

  9. #19
    jellovike's Avatar
    jellovike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    155

    Re: Solidify the O line

    "sharper42" wrote:
    i think the vikings need to sign 1 more premier offesive lineman to soliify our line. if we could land a guy like jon runyan or larry allen and have them team up with hutch birk mckkinnie and richardson lead blocking we would have a 1,000 yard rusher this year 4 sure
    With a line like that i could probably rush for 1000 yards
    Zygi Zagi Zygi Zagi Oy Oy Oy!!!


  10. #20
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Solidify the O line

    "sharper42" wrote:
    i think the vikings need to sign 1 more premier offesive lineman to soliify our line. if we could land a guy like jon runyan or larry allen and have them team up with hutch birk mckkinnie and richardson lead blocking we would have a 1,000 yard rusher this year 4 sure
    Larry Allen might be expensive.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 07:00 AM
  2. AIDS Hot Line Number Rings Up Sex Line
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 07:58 PM
  3. Need more help on the D-line
    By mackd10 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 05:47 AM
  4. WTF is with the O-Line?
    By Viking_Spirit in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 01:47 PM
  5. D Line
    By DiehardVikesFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 09:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •