Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Solidify the O line

"ltrey33" wrote:
    I think our biggest need is still right tackle. I would love to see us draft Winston Justice, but I don't know if it's going to happen.
    Marcus Johnson will come around, no sense in drafting another rookie to start, let's give those we have already drafted a chance.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I would prefer Marcus McNeill at RT if we draft an OL in the first round...Andrew Whitworth from LSU if we wait until the later rounds.

I would also like for us to seriously push for Stephen Neal at RG if he isn't already signed with someone else (anyone know?). I agree with the Runyon assessment...Childress must know something.

At RB, if we don't draft a first-rounder to throw into the mix, I like Joseph Addai in the second round if he is still available...good receiver out of the backfield, good size, good elusiveness....overall, a good WCO back suited for our new offense...and of course, we already know that he looks good in Purple and Gold!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

We need to draft a young center to learn behind Birk, and Eslinger would be a great pickup in the 3rd round.

As far as right guard and tackle, we should go with Goldberg and Johnson. Both are young players and I think will develop into solid lineman on the Vikes.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I would prefer Marcus McNeill at RT if we draft an OL in the first round...Andrew Whitworth from LSU if we wait until the later rounds.
    I agree, either of those two tackles would be great to push Rosenthal for his job, he kind of fell apart at times. We are ok at guard, Marcus will come around.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The more I think about it and put two and two together, we are headed for a QB, OG, LB and SS in the draft. No RBs.

Taylor was the solution at RB
    We hvae intended on drafting a QB every since Childress took over.
    Childress also let us in on the fact that we need solid O and D line.

We put one LB, one OG, and a K on this team in the offseason so far. I hope we feel that the DL we got is good enough.

Importance for the future, not necessarily the order we pick the positions in.
    1. QB - someone that is teachable and can sit back and learn behind BJ
    2. OG - nice to get a guy that can make an impact right away
    3. LB - it seems to me that this is a ??? on this team, many talented guys
    4. SS - this could be Tomlins draft, maybe he gets to in the first round

No matter what you think about the FA we got, those are the guys that our leaders deemed important, we got them and they are going to try to make them the cornerstones on this team. They may not be names like Peterson or Arrington, but they are guys we think are solid team players.

Back on point, O line is very important. I agree with Italian, that Marcus will come around and that basically leaves the RG spot to fill. That Miami pick could pick up one of the Gophers and maybe if we wanted to use our first 2nd round pick to take Max Jean Gilles.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    We need to draft a young center to learn behind Birk, and Eslinger would be a great pickup in the 3rd round.

As far as right guard and tackle, we should go with Goldberg and Johnson. Both are young players and I think will develop into solid lineman on the Vikes.
    Eslinger is the second rated Center right behind Mangold. If he is still around in the 3rd, you take him. I am sure he could play G and back up center.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    The more I think about it and put two and two together, we are headed for a QB, OG, LB and SS in the draft. No RBs.

Taylor was the solution at RB
    We hvae intended on drafting a QB every since Childress took over.
    Childress also let us in on the fact that we need solid O and D line.

We put one LB, one OG, and a K on this team in the offseason so far. I hope we feel that the DL we got is good enough.

Importance for the future, not necessarily the order we pick the positions in.
    1. QB - someone that is teachable and can sit back and learn behind BJ
    2. OG - nice to get a guy that can make an impact right away
    3. LB - it seems to me that this is a ??? on this team, many talented guys
    4. SS - this could be Tomlins draft, maybe he gets to in the first round

No matter what you think about the FA we got, those are the guys that our leaders deemed important, we got them and they are going to try to make them the cornerstones on this team. They may not be names like Peterson or Arrington, but they are guys we think are solid team players.

Back on point, O line is very important. I agree with Italian, that Marcus will come around and that basically leaves the RG spot to fill. That Miami pick could pick up one of the Gophers and maybe if we wanted to use our first 2nd round pick to take Max Jean Gilles.
    Except that I think that Guard is Marcus Johnson's natural position...and that would mean that we need to draft an OT...which would lead us to have to consider Marcus McNeill in the first round or wait until later to take someone like Andrew Whitworth of LSU. This could easily happen if we sign Stephen Neal in FA and let Marcus Johnson play RT next season (even though I think that he would be playing out of position).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I wouldn't mind picking up a center in the first day, to learn behind birk for the next couple of years, but birk is not going to be around forever

Thanks PurpleMafia

jellovike is offline Starter

"sharper42" wrote:
    i think the vikings need to sign 1 more premier offesive lineman to soliify our line. if we could land a guy like jon runyan or larry allen and have them team up with hutch birk mckkinnie and richardson lead blocking we would have a 1,000 yard rusher this year 4 sure
    With a line like that i could probably rush for 1000 yards
    Zygi Zagi Zygi Zagi Oy Oy Oy!!!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"sharper42" wrote:
    i think the vikings need to sign 1 more premier offesive lineman to soliify our line. if we could land a guy like jon runyan or larry allen and have them team up with hutch birk mckkinnie and richardson lead blocking we would have a 1,000 yard rusher this year 4 sure
    Larry Allen might be expensive.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast