Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sold? Or a Tom Clancy all over again?

I was actually thinking the very same thing Caine.

I could care less either...as long as the new owner does what Red did not - try to make us a better football team.

Even though im not from Minny, I am with you on not wanting the team moved anywhere else (except Florida of course, but thats not happening!).

Anyone know how long it will take for the league to finalize the sale?

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

zakvikes2k is offline Starter

Well, as we all know, Fowler is a black man, which I believe is pretty tight. The Vikings will have the first black owner in the history of the NFL. Meaning he will definitely not be as biased as McCombs, but hopefully this means he knows quite a bit about football. I especially hope he knows to keep Moss. If not, he sucks. But anyways, a little diversity is good, and it may be perfect for the Vikings. I believe many of the players will appreciate that... especially not having some old guy ruining there season by cutting them down midway through the season when they are 6-1. Fowler wouldn't be that stupid, or would he?
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

zakvikes2k is offline Starter

The Vikings aren't leaving Minnesota and going to LA. The league knows LA is a horrible spot to put a team. That's why the Raiders have been thrown around, along with the Rams. They both tried, and it went in shambles. Leave football out of LA. Minnesota is a great market. They have the Mall of America for goodness sakes, what else can you ask for... So, let's stop worrying about the Vikings being moved, they won't be, atleast anytime soon.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

well until its all signed, sealed and approved then there's still a chance that Fowler could miss out on buying the team. Of course whether McCombs would still want to sell to Taylor if Fowler's bid falls through is still a debatable matter.
    From the point of view as to who would be better, Taylor is definitely the better if the Vikes are looking to the state for some form of funding for a new stadium. However I suspect that Fowler and his group may be in a position to fund a new stadium with only the input from Anoka County.

Either way it does give the Vikes a chance of a fresh start and to get in some better FAs, though if Fowlers bid does fall through then we may not be active in the FA market this season due to uncertaintity as to what money may or may not be available
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think that Fowler has the net worth to do it...but if his partners have the money, the NFL may make some sort of exception...the PR angle for the NFL has to be very tempting. Either way, I don't think that all this drama is in the team's (or the fans') best interests!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I don't think that Fowler has the net worth to do it...but if his partners have the money, the NFL may make some sort of exception...the PR angle for the NFL has to be very tempting. Either way, I don't think that all this drama is in the team's (or the fans') best interests!
    This is a good'ol boys thing. I think if he doesn't have the personal net worth, he won't get in to the good'ol boys.

"Get Him Up
    Push Him Out
    Get Him Out
    RAWHIDE"

Jake and Elwood, "The Good Ole Boys"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Nothings for sure because the league and owners have to approve the sale. Hopefully they will think that Taylor really wants the team (which I think he does) and they will decline the sale to Fowler because Taylor is waiting in the wings. I'm glad the team will be out of Red's hands, but I am still hopeful for Taylor!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123