Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Sold? Or a Tom Clancy all over again?

Wasn't it Fowler that talked that he would never move the Vikings if he was owner? Man I really hope that those aren't his plans...
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

The Vikes are sold, now the league just has to ok it. I was kind of hoping for Taylor, but any new owner is great news to me!!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    Wasn't it Fowler that talked that he would never move the Vikings if he was owner? Man I really hope that those aren't his plans...
    Hopefully thats not what they say just when they are interested in buying the team.

bart is offline Waterboy

I got a real bad feeling about this, I hope Taylor starts waving his money around.

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

"bart" wrote:
    I got a real bad feeling about this, I hope Taylor starts waving his money around.
    Taylor already has and McCombs has chosen to go with Fowler cause it was a a higher bid.

The only way Taylor get a chance now is if 9 owners vote against Fowler owning the team. Basically if they can find a flaw in his finacial plan and his net worth, they vote against. It is basically a club you are trying to get into and if you are not elite enough (rich enough) you don't get to own an NFL team.

bart is offline Waterboy

I think if Taylor reminds the NFL of the 1.9 billion vs. 400 million disparity, they will turn him down.
    Fowler seems like a pretty shrewd business man to me and all I am thinking is LA.

I thought I would be happy as hell when the Vikes got sold, but I dont feel like that.

Im a little skeptical too...I hope that Fowler gets turned down, only if Taylor would definitely be able to buy. That would suck if Fowler gets rejected, Red asks Taylor for the same price, and he rejects it. Then we are stuck with hag for another year or more.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

"snowinapril" wrote:
    The interesting thing I read on the ESPN site was that Taylors bid is going to come in stages.

Like 400 Mil up front and when a stadium is built, then he will pay the remaining amount of 200 mil or 225 mil.

I found that interesting. Basically he is saying that the Vikes aren't worth the 600 plus Mil unless they are attached to the stadium deal.

Sounds Fair but would Red accept that, assuming that the Fowler deal doesn't go through.
    I was thinking the same thing. I think that is a great idea, but I just dont see it happening with someone like Red.

Question is...would you be happier with Fowler or Red at this point? Red flat out said...he was interested in moving the Vikes to LA. Fowler did not.

I think Fowler has a legitimate chance to get a stadium deal done because of his partners.

I would love Taylor to have the team...BUT...beggars can't be choosers.

Anything is better than Red McCombs.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hopefully Fowler isn't in it for the money and actually wants to spend some to put a Super Bowl squad on the field.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "bart" wrote:
    Taylor already has and McCombs has chosen to go with Fowler cause it was a a higher bid.

The only way Taylor get a chance now is if 9 owners vote against Fowler owning the team. Basically if they can find a flaw in his finacial plan and his net worth, they vote against. It is basically a club you are trying to get into and if you are not elite enough (rich enough) you don't get to own an NFL team.
    Hate to toss this in there, but if they reject him look for massive backlash due to the "Race Card" being played. Even if their rejection is substantiated, this is a pickle for the current owners. If approved, Fowler becomes the first African-American NFL majority owner...no way the NAACP let's that slide uncontested.

Personally, I couldn't care less what color he is - it's his commitment to VIKING FOOTBALL I care about. If he commits to winning, and commits to staying in Minnesota, I'm all for him, and I'll pop anyone who says otherwise in the mouth. If he pulls a "LA is calling" on us...I'll start nicknaming HIM.

Caine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast