Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The SOD

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: The SOD

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    The organization cannot talk about him until the year long suspension is over which is some time in April. Given how the organizationis trying to improve its image in the community I don't think Onterrio will be back with the team but I may be wrong.
    I thought it was in May?
    You may be right I am not sure of the time frame.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Prophet Guest

A blurb from KFFL

Vikings head coach Brad Childress acknowledged Friday, Feb. 24, that the team is thin in terms of numbers, and the Vikings are not assuming that RB Onterrio Smith, who is serving a one-year suspension, will be back with them in 2006.

Calmwind is offline Starter

IF, and yes i know its a big IF, he could stay clean he would be our best back. He has a nose for the endzone. He has alot of the qualities you like in a back but his love for the halfling leaf is screwing up his chances.
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

That video of him at Oregon that someone on here linked to a while back showed how good Onterrio was. I remember reading after the draft that he was a first-round pick in terms of ability, but his attitude and off-field problems were what dropped him to the fourth round.

I'd love to see him do for the Vikings what he did for Oregon, but now that we've signed Chester Taylor I don't think that's going to happen.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    A blurb from KFFL

Vikings head coach Brad Childress acknowledged Friday, Feb. 24, that the team is thin in terms of numbers, and the Vikings are not assuming that RB Onterrio Smith, who is serving a one-year suspension, will be back with them in 2006.
    That's the right move. It would be dumb to assume a pothead is going to be ready to play football. However, numbers wise we have really only 3 backs not counting Onterrio. Do you think we still might draft an RB first round?

I think that would be a horrible call. We just have bigger needs right now. LB, S, even OL and QB if you ask me. Besides I am so sick of RB by committee, and drafting Maroney would be a slap in the face to Taylor.

So where is the 4th RB going to come from? Late round draft pick? After draft FA signing?

Of course the best option would be to have BOD (Botch Of Draft) turn over a new leaf and help sail the ship.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

SOD or SOB

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    SOD or SOB
    Could be one or the other or both. lol
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    SOD??? What's that...Smokehead Of the Draft???

I was thinking more like " Son of a Drug dealer"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It would be nice to see him straighten out because he could be a very dangerous back for us. When he ran, he ran "Angry" and brought alot of intensity to the offense, but if he is going to become another Rickey Williams, then he can join him and Culp in Miami. Personally I hope he make it here.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I personally see a lot of TO in him.

If our coach can say that about DC, I don't think he would have a problem applying it to SOD.

If you get busted as many times as SOB did for the same offense, you ARE NOT thinking about any concept that involves the letters T.E.A.M.

No, I take that back, he might have been thinking about MEAT when he had the munchies. He also might have been thinking about ATM machine to get some money to head to Taco Bell, or drinking some TEA, or EATing, or about what he ATE, but mostly he was thinking about HIMSELF.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast