i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52547.msg978847#msg978847 date=1249399022]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52547.msg978842#msg978842 date=1249398605]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52547.msg978825#msg978825 date=1249395600]
    [quote author=King718]Still no sign of 7, ive been trying to spot him on the side line
    I'm not liking this.
    I was really expecting to see him on the field this morning.
    Really? With the sort of sprain it is, any further damage within one week makes it worse... why would he have been on the field today? Why risk it?
    if it was really as minimal as Chilly made it out to be, yes, I'd expect to see him on the field.
    I don't like it because if its still bothering him 2 days later, its a cause for concern.
    How much
    more will he miss?
    Will he re-injure?
    Will he need to play with a brace?
    No, I don't think you understand... it's a minimal injury, but will get FAR worse if he sees any more damage or pushes it too hard.

Why put him on the field where full contact drills are being done? I would NOT expect to see him on the field until next week. Not sure why everyone is so surprised about this... even initial reports said it would be about a week... not 3-4 days.
    Chilly said sometime next (this) week, or possibly even monday.
    That is obviously not happening, which leads me to believe that its worse than first believed.
    And even if its not, TJneeds to be out ther.
    I'd rather have TJ start the year, but he's not good enough to be the unquestioned starter.
    If sage lasts all training camp and looks alright, while TJ sits on his ass, take a guess who will probably ge the starting job.
    [/quote]

Can you find me the quote where Childress said Monday? I've done my own research into the sprain (and also learned not to listen to what morons like Childress say)... everything I've read says a week of little-to-no movement or activity...

Pretty much exactly what we're seeing.
    [/quote]

I'll look

and to what Ned said, that doesn't look good for TJ.
    He's gonna need to hurry uup and get back, or he could be sitting.
    [/quote]
    I'm pulling for Sage now,
    I've always said and believe deeply that TJ will always be back up material.
    If these are the three QB's we go into the season with, I'de like to see Sage start for us this year.
    [/quote]

I still like TJ over sage, but he needs to get back to practice.
    If he misses most of it, and Sage practices well, then start Sage, but I want Tj to get the reps and start playing to the level taht we hope he can.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52547.msg978847#msg978847 date=1249399022]
    [quote author=King718]Still no sign of 7, ive been trying to spot him on the side line
    I'm not liking this.
    Really? With the sort of sprain it is, any further damage within one week makes it worse... why would he have been on the field today? Why risk it?
    if it was really as minimal as Chilly made it out to be, yes, I'd expect to see him on the field.
    I don't like it because if its still bothering him 2 days later, its a cause for concern.
    How much
    more will he miss?
    Will he re-injure?
    No, I don't think you understand... it's a minimal injury, but will get FAR worse if he sees any more damage or pushes it too hard.

Why put him on the field where full contact drills are being done? I would NOT expect to see him on the field until next week. Not sure why everyone is so surprised about this... even initial reports said it would be about a week... not 3-4 days.
    That is obviously not happening, which leads me to believe that its worse than first believed.
    I'd rather have TJ start the year, but he's not good enough to be the unquestioned starter.
    If sage lasts all training camp and looks alright, while TJ sits on his ass, take a guess who will probably ge the starting job.
    [/quote]

Can you find me the quote where Childress said Monday? I've done my own research into the sprain (and also learned not to listen to what morons like Childress say)... everything I've read says a week of little-to-no movement or activity...

[/quote]

I'll look

[/quote]
    If these are the three QB's we go into the season with, I'de like to see Sage start for us this year.
    [/quote]

lol... you are rooting for Sage, yet think Jackson will always be backup material? That's rich...

I agree with Prophet, just wait till the pressure is on... INTs abound.

Jackson may even be better served coming in later in the season and cleaning up the mess Rosenfels is sure to leave (just going off of everything Rosenfels has ever done in the NFL).
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52547.msg978856#msg978856 date=1249399606]
    I'm not liking this.
    How much
    more will he miss?
    Will he re-injure?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll look

[/quote]
    [/quote]

lol... you are rooting for Sage, yet think Jackson will always be backup material? That's rich...

I agree with Prophet, just wait till the pressure is on... INTs abound.

Jackson may even be better served coming in later in the season and cleaning up the mess Rosenfels is sure to leave (just going off of everything Rosenfels has ever done in the NFL).
    [/quote]

I keep wondering where you got me saying that, althoug i do agree that he has tossed plenty of INTs at inopportune times.
    My quote was:

Or, is he just playing sandlot ball with minimal game-timesque pressure?
    I would be more surprised if Sage does not win the starting role given the people on the depth chart.
    Also stating that I would be surprised it Rosenfals does not beat out TJack.
    Both are hacks and it's sad that's what we're discussing right now.
    Hopefully one of them will perform and be the clear starter, kind of like the battle of the network stars.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Sage is proving his consistency,not great but consistent just what tha bald one wants,a dink and dunk offense ,controlling the clock with our run and avoiding picks .And in this territory Ronsefels is far better than Tarvarias.
    Sage will be our starter in game 1 imho,I d be more than happy If he just handoffs to AD,complete that 5-10 yards and makes no stupid mistakes..... btw I can see him too
    catching a deep one to the End-Zone courtesy of Harvin on a Wild-Cat and a Rosenconptero celebration just after.

El underdog.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

What the Offensive line has to say about TJ
    ;D

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1csyc_the-spinners-rubberband-man_music

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

LOL at everyone saying Jackson is a career backup, then touting Sage over three consecutive passes in camp... if you can't see the absurdity in that, then I can't help you.

Jackson was having a superior camp from all reports prior to the injury... but I guess being fickle and forgetting things is what Vikings fans do best.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    LOL at everyone saying Jackson is a career backup, then touting Sage over three consecutive passes in camp... if you can't see the absurdity in that, then I can't help you.

Jackson was having a superior camp from all reports prior to the injury... but I guess being fickle and forgetting things is what Vikings fans do best.
    You need to chill on your use of "everyone".
    Any rational person does not know how TJack or Sage will fare given the chance in the current situation.
    Like I summarized in the TJack thread, the coach does not have faith in TJack and it has been shown by his actions.

So, I say, LMAO at anyone who cannot see that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

You need to chill on your use of "everyone".
    Any rational person does not know how TJack or Sage will fare given the chance in the current situation.
    Like I summarized in the TJack thread, the coach does not have faith in TJack and it has been shown by his actions.

So, I say, LMAO at anyone who cannot see that.
    Everyone (except maybe you) is dogging Jackson... from what I've read on Twitter, PPO, ESPN, SI... so that's why I use everyone.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    [quote]
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "King718]Still" wrote:

I'm not liking this.
    Is this injury going to a be another excuse if Jackson happens to win the job and stink it up again?

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:

haha, I love how you jump all over the people praising Sage for his camp stuff when he is doing well, but when he is doing poorly, and when Jackson was practicing well you were all over it tooting your own horn about T-Jack...
    Hypocrite.

Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast