Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

"purple_glory_dreamer" wrote:
    But again as Marr said if you go abck and look at as much tape as is available on him you see he does things fundamentally better than TJ.
    He doesnt get happy feet right away.
    He does what you have to do in the NFL, throws from the pocket.
    Thats what Gus did for us last year the TJ just cant seem to get.
    Sometimes you are going to take a hit, but you ahve to stay int he pocket and make the throw.

Also, I think his point with the helicopter play is that it should be looked at as all bad.
    He
    was willing to get destroyed to do what needed to be done.
    That is the reason it isnt like the TJ pass to Rice that went for an INT, TJ didnt make the right read and didnt look of the defender and thus he threw an INT.
    Both are costly mistakes but one was a fundamental mistake, that could ahve been avoided by being a better QB and one was something that could have happened to anybody that tries to carry a ball and take that kind of hit.

Again, with Sage I think we get a more fundamentally sound QB.
    Alright, you'd better save some of this stuff.......I only bump you on the spreadsheet once a day......

Excellent post my friend.

Long story short, difference between Sage and TJ, ...........years = experience......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    But again as Marr said if you go abck and look at as much tape as is available on him you see he does things fundamentally better than TJ.
    Sometimes you are going to take a hit, but you ahve to stay int he pocket and make the throw.

Also, I think his point with the helicopter play is that it should be looked at as all bad.
    He
    That is the reason it isnt like the TJ pass to Rice that went for an INT, TJ didnt make the right read and didnt look of the defender and thus he threw an INT.
    Both are costly mistakes but one was a fundamental mistake, that could ahve been avoided by being a better QB and one was something that could have happened to anybody that tries to carry a ball and take that kind of hit.

Alright, you'd better save some of this stuff.......I only bump you on the spreadsheet once a day......

Excellent post my friend.

Long story short, difference between Sage and TJ, ...........years = experience......
    so you like Sage's experience but not Favre experience?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I'm hoping for Tjack but expecting Sage. Tjack could throw 9 TD 2int and still draw boos in the dome. The ownership doesn't want that so Sage is the guy. Probably the best thing for Tjack because it wont take long for the fickle fans to turn on Sage too, winning votes back to Tjack.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

to me, these are two totally different QB's.

jackson is a young guy who is still trying to find his way. he hasn't been terrible in my eyes, but hasn't shown any consistency and more importantly has struggled to stay healthy. he shows flashes of good qb play, but nothing has lead me to believe that it'll continue

then you have sage, who has been in the league double the amount of time that t-jack has. so he obviously has more experience. he hasn't proven anything thus far, but the way i see it he's more prepared to fill the void as of right now. i just think he'll do a better job of making the basic throws that will improve our passing game. due to what is around him, he dosen't have to put up big numbers, just be efficient and avoid turning the ball over.

i don't know about everyone else, but the way i've see it we have already seen what t-jack can do, i want to see someone fresh under center.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

He

Excellent post My Sexy Little Pixie.

so you like Sage's experience but not Favre experience?
    Wow, does he have to trickle over into this one?
    :

It wasn't LNAD experience that I didn't like.
    I think I have been pretty clear about that.
    Maybe one more time for possible penetration.....

I didn't like him because of his long affiliation with the PUKERS and I didn't think his arm would get him through a full season.
    In fact I went so far as to come up with LNAD as a means to continually stress that point......

Do I need to explain anything in greater detail for you or did you soak it all in that time?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"TimmyT" wrote:

jackson is a young guy who is still trying to find his way. he hasn't been terrible in my eyes, but hasn't shown any consistency and more importantly has struggled to stay healthy. he shows flashes of good qb play, but nothing has lead me to believe that it'll continue

then you have sage, who has been in the league double the amount of time that t-jack has. so he obviously has more experience. he hasn't proven anything thus far, but the way i see it he's more prepared to fill the void as of right now. i just think he'll do a better job of making the basic throws that will improve our passing game. due to what is around him, he dosen't have to put up big numbers, just be efficient and avoid turning the ball over.

i don't know about everyone else, but the way i've seen it we have already seen what t-jack can do, i want to see someone fresh under center.
    Now thats a damn solid post right there.

Quick question.
    Do you think either of them will play better this year based on the team around them?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

i don't know about everyone else, but the way i've seen it we have already seen what t-jack can do, i want to see someone fresh under center.
    Now thats a gol 'darnit solid post right there.

Quick question.
    Do you think either of them will play better this year based on the team around them?
    Its hard to guess with TJ because the only big difference between this years offense and last years offense could be Harvin.
    The RT position shouldnt have that big of an impact on what either of them do.

However, with Sage he has definitely upgraded at key positions.

Yes, he had Slaton, but Slaton is no AD so better RB, and better back-up RB so more depth, talent, and consistency at that position.

Infinitely better O-line.

Better TE.

Better WR-core, I made this core because obviously Andre Johnson is one of the best in the league, but other than him they didnt have a decent #2 let alone #3 where I think that we do.

Defense and special teams(Longwell)
    are much better.

Going off these points I dont agree with teh philosophy that it is TJ's job to lose.
    In my opinion it should be his to win, becasue we have seen what he can do with this team and it isnt necessarily good.
    On the other hand we have a guy with more experience that hasnt played with a team this stacked.
    Give him the ball and see what he can do.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

Now thats a gol 'darnit solid post right there.

Quick question.
    Its hard to guess with TJ because the only big difference between this years offense and last years offense could be Harvin.
    The RT position shouldnt have that big of an impact on what either of them do.

However, with Sage he has definitely upgraded at key positions.

Yes, he had Slaton, but Slaton is no AD so better RB, and better back-up RB so more depth, talent, and consistency at that position.

Infinitely better O-line.

Better TE.

Better WR-core, I made this core because obviously Andre Johnson is one of the best in the league, but other than him they didnt have a decent #2 let alone #3 where I think that we do.

Defense and special teams(Longwell)
    are much better.

Going off these points I dont agree with teh philosophy that it is TJ's job to lose.
    In my opinion it should be his to win, becasue we have seen what he can do with this team and it isnt necessarily good.
    On the other hand we have a guy with more experience that hasnt played with a team this stacked.
    Give him the ball and see what he can do.
    You discount the following then?

a.
    El Syd's knee injury and its impact all year?
    b.
    The amount of sacks given up by or OL up the middle last year?
    c.
    AD is a year more mature and should evolve into a all around threat instead of just a running threat?

I don't think Harvin is the only upgrade to this team this year my friend.

I don't understand how we can keep supporting Jackson. Look, in any other ball club he would have been cut or definately be number 3 in the line up. The only reason he's even on the radar is because we have nobody else he was going to be the McNabb and he will never be that. The first opportunity to bring someone else in, including a 40 year old ex pecker and the chilli dog is all over it. T jack went from the front burner to the back burner to the garbage disposal in the blink of an eye. Says alot about the t-joke experiment. He's a great athlete, but he doesn't have the faculties to make the plays and read defenses beyond basic formations. Deer in the headlights when he faces something out of the ordinary. He's not the answer never will be for this club or any other. Move on. Chilli did....or wait now he's?
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

After this last offseason, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vick in talks with the Vikings. Then a new commercial on top of that. Vikes got hosed! And everyone saw it coming, except the few that the Vikes really deceived.

Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast