Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

"purple_glory_dreamer" wrote:
    I think it will be Sage, and that it should be Sage.
    If Sage had ever been put int he right type of offense he could have been starter quality.
    You take Houston for example, the games there were won or lost based on how much the QB could do.
    That isnt the case here.
    He just needs to make the routine throws asked of him and not make costly mistakes.
    Mistakes are going to come everyone makes mistakes its the QBs who dont make costly ones that dont hurt their team.
    So if he does that and AD continues to do what he does then i think he can be a decent starter for us.
    Nice post my friend.
    Just bumped you a column on the ole spreadsheet.

Something to think about.
    I bet most of the chuckleheads on here who don't think Sage is a decent QB, only has 1 game (last years vs Vikes) and the ESPN highlights to use as reference for his play.

Truth be told, after the Vikes showed a bit of interest in him during last years offseason, I watched him a bit.
    That helicopter play, although it came out poorly, would have been a thing of beauty if he would have held onto the ball.

Guy has game.
    I just wonder how much and how quick can he learn the system.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Tad7" wrote:
    I say Jackson wins the job and keeps the job.

Simply put, I just like what I saw last season from T-Jack.

Yes, he sucked against the Eagles, I saw the game too. But so did all those other QB's during the 7 or 8 week stretch and Jackson was right in the middle of it. Call it more excuses for Jackson but it's also fact. I don't like all the picks Sage throws and quite frankly think he'd be the one to lose the job mid-season if he wins it. I just don't think he'll be able to bail himself out of the mistakes. Jackson is progressing, 8 year vet Sage Rosenfels is still Sage Rosenfels.

If I'm wrong though, I'm wrong. As close as I was to having to support the hated LNAD out on the field, I can support anyone now
    :P
    Don't ya think one more year of learning from the bench would benifit him more than actual on the field reps in gametime situations?

I believe that all people learn in a different manner.
    Maybe TJ's best avenue to learning the position is like it is for most young QB's.
    Sitting his ass on the bench watching instead of out there making mistakes in front of a unforgiving crowd.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    If Sage had ever been put int he right type of offense he could have been starter quality.
    You take Houston for example, the games there were won or lost based on how much the QB could do.
    That isnt the case here.
    He just needs to make the routine throws asked of him and not make costly mistakes.
    Mistakes are going to come everyone makes mistakes its the QBs who dont make costly ones that dont hurt their team.
    So if he does that and AD continues to do what he does then i think he can be a decent starter for us.
    Nice post my friend.

I bet most of the chuckleheads on here who don't think Sage is a decent QB, only has 1 game (last years vs Vikes) and the ESPN highlights to use as reference for his play.

Truth be told, after the Vikes showed a bit of interest in him during last years offseason, I watched him a bit.
    That helicopter play, although it came out poorly, would have been a thing of beauty if he would have held onto the ball.

Guy has game.

:
    thats like Saying TJ's out pass to Rice in the Philly game, although it was picked off, would have been a thing of beauty.

its not the fact he fumbled while trying to take control, that happens.
    its the fact that he threw away a 3 score lead in the fourth quarter to lose an important divisional game.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    That isnt the case here.
    Nice post My Sexy Little Pixie.

Guy has game.

:
    thats like Saying TJ's out pass to Rice in the Philly game, although it was picked off, would have been a thing of beauty.

its the fact that he threw away a 3 score lead in the fourth quarter to lose an important divisional game.
    You missed my point.....That is the only thing most fans know about him.

As to the 3 score lead.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20081005034

In relief he moved the team.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    That isnt the case here.

Guy has game.

:

its not just that.
    He's a good example of a player who can play great one day, then in the blink of an eye, he's fumbled twice, threw a few picks and gave up a game.
    The team has rallied despite him to finish a few games, but he hasn't helped.

We already have a QB that can do that with promise of improving, Sage won't get any better.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Although I think Sage may be more accurate, Tarvaris is more athletic, and doesn't force the ball as much.
    The ability to make extend plays with his legs is why I tip my hat to TJ as the Viking starter.

Elam529 is offline Rookie

I see a very similar situation to last year, Tarvaris starting initially and Rosenfels coming in if he struggles. Which he won't of course

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    That isnt the case here.

Guy has game.

:

its not just that.
    He's a good example of a player who can play great one day, then in the blink of an eye, he's fumbled twice, threw a few picks and gave up a game.

We already have a QB that can do that with promise of improving, Sage won't get any better.
    But again as Marr said if you go abck and look at as much tape as is available on him you see he does things fundamentally better than TJ.
    He doesnt get happy feet right away.
    He does what you have to do in the NFL, throws from the pocket.
    Thats what Gus did for us last year the TJ just cant seem to get.
    Sometimes you are going to take a hit, but you ahve to stay int he pocket and make the throw.

Also, I think his point with the helicopter play is that it should be looked at as all bad.
    He
    was willing to get destroyed to do what needed to be done.
    That is the reason it isnt like the TJ pass to Rice that went for an INT, TJ didnt make the right read and didnt look of the defender and thus he threw an INT.
    Both are costly mistakes but one was a fundamental mistake, that could ahve been avoided by being a better QB and one was something that could have happened to anybody that tries to carry a ball and take that kind of hit.

Again, with Sage I think we get a more fundamentally sound QB.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    That isnt the case here.

Guy has game.

:

its not just that.

Maybe he won't get any better.
    He does give us a better option than what we've had in the past though don't ya think?

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=purple_glory_dreamer link=topic=52547.msg975731#msg975731 date=1248874771]
    That isnt the case here.

Guy has game.

:

its not just that.

Maybe he won't get any better.
    He does give us a better option than what we've had in the past though don't ya think?
    [/quote]
    No, I don't think.
    I don't think Sage is any better than TJ.
    TJ can also put up good numbers when allowed to throw the ball, but he can jsut as easily throw a game away.

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast