Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 900
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    And I do apologize for calling you stupid.
    Out of line on my part.

  2. #102
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    For that first video I was just pointing out there was 3 LBs in on damn near every play

    And one the first and 3rd the safety was definitley spying Slaton.. He wasn't quite in the box but as soon as Slaton got the touch he was right at the LBs..

    And on the 3rd u can see him keying on him and as soon as Sage drops back he begins to cover


  3. #103
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=52547.msg975958#msg975958 date=1248892180]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=52547.msg975941#msg975941 date=1248891520]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52547.msg975919#msg975919 date=1248890132]
    [quote author=SharperImage link=topic=52547.msg975902#msg975902 date=1248889074]
    four words T to the Jack.

    Its no competition. Tjack can be used more than Rosencopter. He can scramble, Throw the deepball, and actually be a WR threat in the wildcat formation. So I know If he improves his accuracy and Decision making skills, he will win the spot.
    Throw the deep ball?
    The deep ball is when his accruacy is the worst.
    That is one of his biggest problems.
    And the WR threat in the wildcat is just something you pulled out of your jiggly butt.

    He caqn scramble.
    That is true.
    But as of right now, that is the ONLY thing he has over Sage.
    While Sage has better accuracy and better completion percentage.

    Daunte Culpepper has a better completion percentage then Tom Brady... So what?

    Completion percentage is nice.. But not turning the ball over and putting the ball in the endzone are critical and more important.. Something Sage couldn't do

    And Sage did play against alot of easy coverages.. Ppl were respecting Slaton last year like crazy

    It's not like they were in the past where they wouldn't worry about the run and triple team Andre
    I respectfully disagree.
    Slaton did as well as he did BECAUSE teams were focusing on the pass, almost exclusively.

    Did you watch any Texans games besides the Vikes one?


    [/quote]

    I can field this one... No, he did not.
    [/quote]

    Wrong as usual C Mac.

    Yes I did.
    I got a month subscription to NFL Rewind and downloaded and watch all of the Texan games that Sage played in.
    I was debating about doing the same with Fav-re games, but I didn't think I had the time to sit through 16 games...

    Which games in particular do you think that they played the run more than the pass?
    I will be happy to cue them up again.

    EDIT:
    SO C Mac, how many games did you actually watch?
    My Guess, it is limited to the Vikings game and the Rosencopter highlights on youtube...
    [/quote]

    I went back and rewatched every single one, along with my own personal NFL scout... so I could properly see how throwing more INTs and less TDs could be construed as a "More Accurate NFL Passer...."

    We could not come to that conclusion... and I believe anyone who attempts to "explain" as to how that makes sense by referencing some vague plays they remember watching 5 months ago is silly to say the least. So, sorry if it bothers you that I "LOL" at your post about Sage being "More accurate"... but it's just laughable the lengths you'll go to trying to pass these notions you have about Jackson off as facts.
    [/quote]

    Sigh... like talking to a wall.

    We can agree on one thing though.
    It is pretty funny that I attempt to explain anything to you...
    I should stick to talking with the people who actually converse instead of just argue.
    But for some unknow reason I take the bait from you every time...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #104
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    Also look at 1:45.. Definitley keying on the run

  5. #105
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    Like I said earlier these are just youtube highlights

    But from what I remember (could be wrong of course) was Sage did play against plenty of relax coverages in the secondary and still put up god awful numbers

    Luckily he was able to dump the ball off to Slaton or Owen Daniels.. Or toss it deep to Andre who is arguably the best WR in the game.. Definitley top 3

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    "V4L" wrote:
    Also look at 1:45.. Definitley keying on the run
    I was jsut going to say the 1:45 you are right the safety is in the box playing the run.


    However teh comment about 3 LBs in usually doesnt mean one way or the other, as most teams have 1 to 2 LBs who can play in pass coverage packages.

  7. #107
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52547.msg975978#msg975978 date=1248893010]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=52547.msg975958#msg975958 date=1248892180]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=52547.msg975941#msg975941 date=1248891520]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52547.msg975919#msg975919 date=1248890132]
    [quote author=SharperImage link=topic=52547.msg975902#msg975902 date=1248889074]
    four words T to the Jack.

    Its no competition. Tjack can be used more than Rosencopter. He can scramble, Throw the deepball, and actually be a WR threat in the wildcat formation. So I know If he improves his accuracy and Decision making skills, he will win the spot.
    Throw the deep ball?
    The deep ball is when his accruacy is the worst.
    That is one of his biggest problems.
    And the WR threat in the wildcat is just something you pulled out of your jiggly butt.

    He caqn scramble.
    That is true.
    But as of right now, that is the ONLY thing he has over Sage.
    While Sage has better accuracy and better completion percentage.

    Daunte Culpepper has a better completion percentage then Tom Brady... So what?

    Completion percentage is nice.. But not turning the ball over and putting the ball in the endzone are critical and more important.. Something Sage couldn't do

    And Sage did play against alot of easy coverages.. Ppl were respecting Slaton last year like crazy

    It's not like they were in the past where they wouldn't worry about the run and triple team Andre
    I respectfully disagree.
    Slaton did as well as he did BECAUSE teams were focusing on the pass, almost exclusively.

    Did you watch any Texans games besides the Vikes one?


    [/quote]

    I can field this one... No, he did not.
    [/quote]

    Wrong as usual C Mac.

    Yes I did.
    I got a month subscription to NFL Rewind and downloaded and watch all of the Texan games that Sage played in.
    I was debating about doing the same with Fav-re games, but I didn't think I had the time to sit through 16 games...

    Which games in particular do you think that they played the run more than the pass?
    I will be happy to cue them up again.

    EDIT:
    SO C Mac, how many games did you actually watch?
    My Guess, it is limited to the Vikings game and the Rosencopter highlights on youtube...
    [/quote]

    I went back and rewatched every single one, along with my own personal NFL scout... so I could properly see how throwing more INTs and less TDs could be construed as a "More Accurate NFL Passer...."

    We could not come to that conclusion... and I believe anyone who attempts to "explain" as to how that makes sense by referencing some vague plays they remember watching 5 months ago is silly to say the least. So, sorry if it bothers you that I "LOL" at your post about Sage being "More accurate"... but it's just laughable the lengths you'll go to trying to pass these notions you have about Jackson off as facts.
    [/quote]

    Sigh... like talking to a wall.

    We can agree on one thing though.
    It is pretty funny that I attempt to explain anything to you...
    I should stick to talking with the people who actually converse instead of just argue.
    But for some unknow reason I take the bait from you every time...
    [/quote]

    I don't need anything "explained" to me... especially with your blind logic.

    Listen, I read your posts... I understand your thoughts and ideas about the plays... I also understand that you're trying to paint Jackson in a negative light despite the facts being against you.

    Saying, "How many of those passes were 20+ yards..." is fine and all... but at the end of the day, how did the QB perform in the plays that were called? Jackson far outperformed Sage. No hypotheticals... no "If Sage had been on the Vikings..." type stuff. Plain and simple, Jackson outperformed Sage last season.

    Jackson won when he had to, getting his team to the playoffs.

    Sage had a miserable year and his stock did nothing but drop.

    Accuracy, ok... Sage completes more of his passes. I'll give you that... too bad those drives end in turnovers.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #108
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52547.msg975978#msg975978 date=1248893010]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=52547.msg975958#msg975958 date=1248892180]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=52547.msg975941#msg975941 date=1248891520]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=52547.msg975919#msg975919 date=1248890132]
    [quote author=SharperImage link=topic=52547.msg975902#msg975902 date=1248889074]
    four words T to the Jack.

    Its no competition. Tjack can be used more than Rosencopter. He can scramble, Throw the deepball, and actually be a WR threat in the wildcat formation. So I know If he improves his accuracy and Decision making skills, he will win the spot.
    Throw the deep ball?
    The deep ball is when his accruacy is the worst.
    That is one of his biggest problems.
    And the WR threat in the wildcat is just something you pulled out of your jiggly butt.

    He caqn scramble.
    That is true.
    But as of right now, that is the ONLY thing he has over Sage.
    While Sage has better accuracy and better completion percentage.

    Daunte Culpepper has a better completion percentage then Tom Brady... So what?

    Completion percentage is nice.. But not turning the ball over and putting the ball in the endzone are critical and more important.. Something Sage couldn't do

    And Sage did play against alot of easy coverages.. Ppl were respecting Slaton last year like crazy

    It's not like they were in the past where they wouldn't worry about the run and triple team Andre
    I respectfully disagree.
    Slaton did as well as he did BECAUSE teams were focusing on the pass, almost exclusively.

    Did you watch any Texans games besides the Vikes one?


    [/quote]

    I can field this one... No, he did not.
    [/quote]

    Wrong as usual C Mac.

    Yes I did.
    I got a month subscription to NFL Rewind and downloaded and watch all of the Texan games that Sage played in.
    I was debating about doing the same with Fav-re games, but I didn't think I had the time to sit through 16 games...

    Which games in particular do you think that they played the run more than the pass?
    I will be happy to cue them up again.

    EDIT:
    SO C Mac, how many games did you actually watch?
    My Guess, it is limited to the Vikings game and the Rosencopter highlights on youtube...
    [/quote]

    I went back and rewatched every single one, along with my own personal NFL scout... so I could properly see how throwing more INTs and less TDs could be construed as a "More Accurate NFL Passer...."

    We could not come to that conclusion... and I believe anyone who attempts to "explain" as to how that makes sense by referencing some vague plays they remember watching 5 months ago is silly to say the least. So, sorry if it bothers you that I "LOL" at your post about Sage being "More accurate"... but it's just laughable the lengths you'll go to trying to pass these notions you have about Jackson off as facts.
    [/quote]

    Sigh... like talking to a wall.

    We can agree on one thing though.
    It is pretty funny that I attempt to explain anything to you...
    I should stick to talking with the people who actually converse instead of just argue.
    But for some unknow reason I take the bait from you every time...
    [/quote]
    Comeon you two.


    Overly Optimistic Marrdro is back.
    None of this is allowed anymore.


    We will all sing peacefull songs together now.

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #109
    Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    606

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    "purple_glory_dreamer" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    to me, these are two totally different QB's.

    jackson is a young guy who is still trying to find his way. he hasn't been terrible in my eyes, but hasn't shown any consistency and more importantly has struggled to stay healthy. he shows flashes of good qb play, but nothing has lead me to believe that it'll continue

    then you have sage, who has been in the league double the amount of time that t-jack has. so he obviously has more experience. he hasn't proven anything thus far, but the way i see it he's more prepared to fill the void as of right now. i just think he'll do a better job of making the basic throws that will improve our passing game. due to what is around him, he dosen't have to put up big numbers, just be efficient and avoid turning the ball over.

    i don't know about everyone else, but the way i've seen it we have already seen what t-jack can do, i want to see someone fresh under center.
    Now thats a gol 'darnit solid post right there.

    Quick question.
    Do you think either of them will play better this year based on the team around them?
    Its hard to guess with TJ because the only big difference between this years offense and last years offense could be Harvin.
    The RT position shouldnt have that big of an impact on what either of them do.


    However, with Sage he has definitely upgraded at key positions.

    1.
    Yes, he had Slaton, but Slaton is no AD so better RB, and better back-up RB so more depth, talent, and consistency at that position.

    2.
    Infinitely better O-line.

    3.
    Better TE.

    4.
    Better WR-core, I made this core because obviously Andre Johnson is one of the best in the league, but other than him they didnt have a decent #2 let alone #3 where I think that we do.

    5.
    Defense and special teams(Longwell)
    are much better.


    Going off these points I dont agree with teh philosophy that it is TJ's job to lose.
    In my opinion it should be his to win, becasue we have seen what he can do with this team and it isnt necessarily good.
    On the other hand we have a guy with more experience that hasnt played with a team this stacked.
    Give him the ball and see what he can do.
    Need to stop looking through those purple tinted glasses.
    The Vikings do not have a better TE or WR core.
    They are potentially better (maybe...)
    but Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, and Kevin Walter >>> any three we have by a long shot.
    Our O-line isn't that much better either.
    Slaton had a pretty dang good year running behind the O-line of the Texans and our O-line finished the year on a low note against the Eagles.
    Let's remember that we have two new starters as well, so nothing is certain.

  10. #110
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: So...Who Gets the Starting Job?

    "purple_glory_dreamer" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Also look at 1:45.. Definitley keying on the run
    I was jsut going to say the 1:45 you are right the safety is in the box playing the run.


    However teh comment about 3 LBs in usually doesnt mean one way or the other, as most teams have 1 to 2 LBs who can play in pass coverage packages.

    Right

    However if they were keying on the pass more you would think they would atleast have 3 corners out

    Just what im observing.. I only watched like 5 texans games last year and the one at the dome

    I know when teams have 3 LBs on the field for most of the game they really aren't too concerned about the pass

Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who Should Be Our Starting QB?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 06:44 AM
  2. Starting RB
    By V-Unit in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 11:39 AM
  3. Starting to come together
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 11:15 AM
  4. Starting at my new gig
    By midgensa in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 01:47 AM
  5. Who do you want starting at RB?
    By AlabamaViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 04:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •