Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: So we're not the only ones....

One of the key things I picked up from the announcers & I've been saying it all along. It's the coaching beneath him that's the biggest issue. With the budget Tice gave him Tice could only hire out of work coaches. Meaning they were no good or they were fired from other NFL teams because they were no good.
    Another thing I hear mentioned on P.P.O. a lot is the lack of fundamental skills this team has. One announcer, and I agree with him 100%, stated they should check into the fundamentals these coaches are teaching. Are they teaching them wrong? It sure looks like it to me. Blocking, opening up holes, tackling & penalties are a result of poor fundamentals & disipline. It would explain why a good team is going down hill. They've been stripping away what fundamentals they used to have & teaching them improper new ones.
    Hovan said it as well & it would partly explain his decline here. He's not having a stellar year, but he's on his way back up with proper coaching. Not at the HC level but down the line by the defensive coaches.

Another point, & I posted an article on this earlier today, there is no security department.

The commissioner's and league counsel's offices have advised the new owner to form his own security department. The Vikings once had security detail, but it was disbanded by former owner Red McCombs.

Obviously to save a buck! With a lack of security & discipline dept. it would allow players to do pretty much anything they wanted & would also explain why these players have been getting intoa lot of the crap.

Also to note:

"The commissioner emphasized to me that I inherited an organization that was inadequately structured and staffed," Wilf said. "We must correct that to ensure the highest standards of team operations, including discipline, accountability, strong oversight and internal communications."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesfan353 is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan353" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "jimmymac" wrote:
    That doesn't explain the good run in 1999. But Culpepper wasn't starting then. Maybe it's his fault.

I think you might mean 98. 15-1 season.

And the reason we were that good then is because we had the best wide reciever trio of all time, a 1600 yard running back, a coach who knew how to use his offensive weapons, and a kicker who never missed (I wont mention the one time he did)

That was the best offense of all time 556 points in a season.

I think that explaines the run in 1998, 1999 we fell off a little, we were 10-6 (which I would die to be this year)

Don't forget about Dungy and Billick who have both since won the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!

Dungy?

Do you think he won one in Tampa or what?

Because the last time I checked Gruden was the Head Coach of the Bucs when they won.

Oh yea!!!My bad sorry!!! Thats what happens after the vikes make ya drink a few too many!!!!
    For every question an answer! For every answer a why?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfan353" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan353" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "jimmymac" wrote:
    That doesn't explain the good run in 1999. But Culpepper wasn't starting then. Maybe it's his fault.

I think you might mean 98. 15-1 season.

And the reason we were that good then is because we had the best wide reciever trio of all time, a 1600 yard running back, a coach who knew how to use his offensive weapons, and a kicker who never missed (I wont mention the one time he did)

That was the best offense of all time 556 points in a season.

I think that explaines the run in 1998, 1999 we fell off a little, we were 10-6 (which I would die to be this year)

Don't forget about Dungy and Billick who have both since won the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!

Dungy?

Do you think he won one in Tampa or what?

Because the last time I checked Gruden was the Head Coach of the Bucs when they won.

Oh yea!!!My bad sorry!!! Thats what happens after the vikes make ya drink a few too many!!!!
    Gruden may have been the coach, but that was Dungy's Team

Heck, Tice could have coached that superbowl victory.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123