Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

So we're not the only ones....

Who sees that Red was a terrible owner.

Three instances by the media today:

1. Supposedly Tagliabue told Wilf that he inherited an unorganized team and all around badly run team when he bought the Vikes.

2. The announcers said how the coaches were hired for cheap, cheap salaries and that most of them couldn't get jobs or had lost their jobs previously in the NFL.

3. In the pregame show, they said about Wilf hiring a former FBI/NFL guy as the director of security, and then said that Red had cut that position in order to save $$$.

That was the first time I'd ever heard anyone address the Vikings previous ownership in that light (other than us of course). It's hard to blame ALL of our problems on Red, but it's hard not to look at some of them being his doing.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: So we're not the only ones....

I place about 80% of our problems today on Red's ownership and that includes him hiring Tice as head coach so he could save some bucks!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I place about 80% of our problems today on Red's ownership and that includes him hiring Tice as head coach so he could save some bucks!
    Yeah, that's a big one.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

That doesn't explain the good run in 1999. But Culpepper wasn't starting then. Maybe it's his fault.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

I think Red's stamp on this team goes deeper than most realize or want to uncover. He was on the cheap in every sense of the word. Down to the small number of janitors at winter park to clean the joint .... is true.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"jimmymac" wrote:
    That doesn't explain the good run in 1999. But Culpepper wasn't starting then. Maybe it's his fault.
    All of your comments seem stupid and don't make much sense to me...Just telling you how I feel.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "jimmymac" wrote:
    All of your comments seem stupid and don't make much sense to me...Just telling you how I feel.

No doubt PPE I agree with you entirely, on 2 different threads none the less. I agree that Pep has under performed but, that is only part of this melt-down. I also agree that Red is to blame for some stuff, but for heavens sake, Tice has been at this job for far too long, how much mediocrity can be tolerated?

I am tired of hearing people defend Tice, whether he is a good guy or not, I could really give 2 s##ts, he is not getting the players attentiion or hasn't their respect, whatever the reasons, I don't care!!!

The love boat, the gas bar fights, the whizzinator, the gun found in Culpeppers rental car(c/o MB the worst RB in the Twin Cities), KWill and wife, and probably more, where is this team headed? If people think that all of this has nothing to do with this season, I feel you are gravely mistaken.

During the bye week, the only thinb we prepared for was freakin orgy on water, no wonder we have fallen flat on our faces, we have too many spoiled rotten rich young guys that do not understand the complexities of the league they are in.

Tired of this stuff, it nausiating!!

No Cheers!!

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "jimmymac" wrote:
    I agree they just dont make to much sense to me.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

Where exactly did I lose you? Am I wrong in assuming that Red owned the team in 1999?
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

"jimmymac" wrote:
    Where exactly did I lose you? Am I wrong in assuming that Red owned the team in 1999?
    I dont mean to bring you down or anything like that. I think the way you word things is a little difficult to understand. On a lot of your posts. Keep on posting :smile:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast