Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

And so it starts

I live in N CA about 3 hrs from the Bay area. This is both Raider and 49er land. Its a small town and I have lived here for over 30 yrs so lots of people know me. I went to the Safeway to pick up some stuff for dinner tonight and I am wearing my Viking cap. As I am checking out one of the checkers yells out from 4 counters away. "Whoohoo looks like we stole Moss from ya" with a thumbs up. And then another checker chimes in "looks like we are going to the playoffs next year and your not", and scattered laughter among others standing in line. I managed a weak smile and as I am walking out a final parting shot of "I can get you a Moss jersey in silver and black" more laughter.

For those of you that don't live in areas where you are about the only Vikes fan you can't imagine what those of us in Raider land will have to endure now. And (please god no) if the prediction of Raiders in playoffs and Vikes struggling comes true next year its going to be a really long year for me.

Thank you Red for killing the small warm glow of this year of making the second round of the playoffs and having some braggin rights in this neck of the woods for a change. I had hoped to enjoy it for more than a month. I assume that some others of you are getting similar crap that live outside of MN.

WWBGD

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

And so it starts

Nah.. I'm wearing a Moss jersey now.. ok.. I've been inside most of the day, but I have the snow as an excuse. I suspect I might get a few comments soon though..

And so it starts

I'll keep my moss jersey, but just like my carter and randell jerseys, they will stay on the hanger. I'm a Vikings fan first, players change, love for the vikings doesnt. Good thing I got a culpepper jersey last year.
    You republican whore!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: And so it starts

"RK" wrote:
    I live in N CA about 3 hrs from the Bay area. This is both Raider and 49er land. Its a small town and I have lived here for over 30 yrs so lots of people know me. I went to the Safeway to pick up some stuff for dinner tonight and I am wearing my Viking cap. As I am checking out one of the checkers yells out from 4 counters away. "Whoohoo looks like we stole Moss from ya" with a thumbs up. And then another checker chimes in "looks like we are going to the playoffs next year and your not", and scattered laughter among others standing in line. I managed a weak smile and as I am walking out a final parting shot of "I can get you a Moss jersey in silver and black" more laughter.

For those of you that don't live in areas where you are about the only Vikes fan you can't imagine what those of us in Raider land will have to endure now. And (please god no) if the prediction of Raiders in playoffs and Vikes struggling comes true next year its going to be a really long year for me.

Thank you Red for killing the small warm glow of this year of making the second round of the playoffs and having some braggin rights in this neck of the woods for a change. I had hoped to enjoy it for more than a month. I assume that some others of you are getting similar crap that live outside of MN.
    I know your pain, brother. Living in southern Wisconsin - surrounded by hordes of drooling Packer and Bear fans, I have been fielding questions and dodging bullets for 3 days now. It's far worse now than it usually is this time of year.

Our only hope of salvation is if we land a Big Gun receiver in FA and draft INCREDIBLY well. Otherwise...it will be a VERY long year. I'll have to get a Moss jersey to go with my Walker jersey (Although I wear the Walker because it's my last name too).

Caine

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

And so it starts

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I'll keep my moss jersey, but just like my carter and randell jerseys, they will stay on the hanger. I'm a Vikings fan first, players change, love for the vikings doesnt. Good thing I got a culpepper jersey last year.
    I plan on getting a Derrick Johnson jersey in the near future. :thumbleft:

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

And so it starts

So.. saying we do land him.. what number do you suppose he'll wear? I think 54, or 58 would be awesome.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

And so it starts

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    So.. saying we do land him.. what number do you suppose he'll wear? I think 54, or 58 would be awesome.
    I like 58 for OLBs

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

And so it starts

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    How bout 84! jk

Hey RK I feel ya man I live here too and I've been gettin s@*t from people and most of them have no idea what they're talking about. Hey where bouts do you live? Sounds like you're close to me

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

And so it starts

Man, if any of those knuckleheads gives you crap over the Moss trade, just remind them that if having Moss and the 28th ranked defense doesn't get you to the Super Bowl, why would having Moss and the 30th ranked defense get you there? Besides, unless there is some kind of trade worked out, they have no running game, and they traded away their chance to draft a RB prospect. They can't afford LaMont Jordan, Henry will probably be going to AZ, and their only salvation will be to acquire one of our RBs, and that would mean Woodson is coming here, which would mean their defense will suck even more
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

And so it starts

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:
    How bout 84! jk

Hey RK I feel ya man I live here too and I've been gettin s@*t from people and most of them have no idea what they're talking about. Hey where bouts do you live? Sounds like you're close to me
    I live in Grass Valley hailtocarter. Not too far away I see from your profile that you are a student at.... Chico State? Well at least we still have the 49er fans to smack around LOL. A friend of mine (niner fan) was giving me crap and I told him we could lose our whole starting lineup and still beat the niners just like every other team did this year with their second string. :lol: Crap from Raider fans is hard to take though.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast