Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: so the NFCN title's fate relies on the Packers.

why does our division fate always come down to the packers dont they have something better to do then ruin our playoffs hopes and xmas and new years every year? they did it in 03 04 and now 05 damnit man

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"magicci" wrote:
    why does our division fate always come down to the packers dont they have something better to do then ruin our playoffs hopes and xmas and new years every year? they did it in 03 04 and now 05 damnit man
    It's not the Packers fault.

The Vikings are the ones who come up one or two games short to clinch it for themelves.

But we won enough games to put us in the position we're in.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

I have finally read all 6 pages of this post and it was to say the least interesting. As a Vikings fan in Illinois I more then anyone would love to knock the bears out as the division winner.

As far as which team is better or who beat what teams that are better or worse doesn't matter. All that matters is playing well enough to be in the situation to have a chance at the playoffs.

NFL films is full of the games they show on the NFL network about the teams that weren't that good and shouldn't be in the playoffs that have made it to the superbowl and some even won. That is where the sayings came from. " On any given Sunday " "Thats why they play the games "

I work with many a Bear and Packer fan and I will give them credit in the years they didn't play well I never heard any of them count thier team out regardless of who they were playing and what thier record was. To me that is a sign of a true fan. That is how I feel about the Vikes and from what I read many of you do also. The few that want to be negative or criticle well thats your choice. I don't agree, but If your a fan of a sports team I believe you should always be optimistic if your team has done well enough to have the opportunity to make it to the playoffs.

It is always easier to be a naysayer and then if your team loses you can say see I told ya, but if they win you can cheer and gloat.

I prefer to state up front that I know the Vikes have the talent and the ability to beat any team on any week. (even the colts who were dominant last year and barely beat us in the final seconds on a field goal )

The Vikes just have to play hard for 60 minutes. If I am wrong then bash me, call me a dreamer, or say I told you so. If I am right and you disagreed then eat your crow like a good little boy or girl.

Until the Vikes are eliminated or eliminate themselves I still say they will win the division and allow me to feed a lot of crow to my bear loving co-workers.

SKOL

and go pack go

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"jaymz7" wrote:
    I have finally read all 6 pages of this post and it was to say the least interesting. As a Vikings fan in Illinois I more then anyone would love to knock the bears out as the division winner.

As far as which team is better or who beat what teams that are better or worse doesn't matter. All that matters is playing well enough to be in the situation to have a chance at the playoffs.

NFL films is full of the games they show on the NFL network about the teams that weren't that good and shouldn't be in the playoffs that have made it to the superbowl and some even won. That is where the sayings came from. " On any given Sunday " "Thats why they play the games "

I work with many a Bear and Packer fan and I will give them credit in the years they didn't play well I never heard any of them count thier team out regardless of who they were playing and what thier record was. To me that is a sign of a true fan. That is how I feel about the Vikes and from what I read many of you do also. The few that want to be negative or criticle well thats your choice. I don't agree, but If your a fan of a sports team I believe you should always be optimistic if your team has done well enough to have the opportunity to make it to the playoffs.

It is always easier to be a naysayer and then if your team loses you can say see I told ya, but if they win you can cheer and gloat.

I prefer to state up front that I know the Vikes have the talent and the ability to beat any team on any week. (even the colts who were dominant last year and barely beat us in the final seconds on a field goal )

The Vikes just have to play hard for 60 minutes. If I am wrong then bash me, call me a dreamer, or say I told you so. If I am right and you disagreed then eat your crow like a good little boy or girl.

Until the Vikes are eliminated or eliminate themselves I still say they will win the division and allow me to feed a lot of crow to my bear loving co-workers.

SKOL

and go pack go
    nice post jamyz!

Go vikes!!

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Caine" wrote:
    Entire Statement
    Caine
    I can't say I disagree with the statements you made here. Reflecting on some of the things said in this thread I realized I was letting my frustration sway my thinking and I really don't want to spend my time arguing against the vikes. I do apreciate the exchange with you cause it got me doing some research about many other teams in the league and I found that intresting. So in closing I say Cheers, good chatting & go vikes.

EDIT - back on topic though, I still don't think greenbay stands much of a chance against da bears, we best handle our fate oursleves.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789