minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

So much for our offense getting back on track...

I now think we have no chance of making the playoffs if we keep playing like this, we were writing off the next month as 4 wins, but with the way we're playing it could be just as easily 4 losses.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

Re: So much for our offense getting back on track...

I personally dont see how it could have been any worse today with a rookie!
    Gameplan vs Vikings: Blitz Brad Johnson until he throws int's....then game is over!
    The recievers dont catch the ball, so we should put in a MOBILE qb, so we can add a demension!
    I hope tooo god that Childress is through with this Bull Shit!!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I think now is a good time to start the "Fire Darrell Bevell, Kevin Rogers, Eric Bieniemy, Darrell Wyatt, Jimmie Johnson, & Pat Morris" campaign.

By the way, getting rid of K-Rob was a mistake.
    "Holy $h!t - he drinks and drives!"
    Yeah, so do millions of Americans.
    But you won't find millions of Americans who fit into the West Coast Offense like he did.
    He fit our offense exactly the way Troy Williamson doesn't.

If you go up against the worst defense (points-wise) in the NFL and the best you can manage is THREE POINTS, drastic changes are necessary.
    Our defense and special teams have scored more TD's than our offense, for Christ's sake!
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
    PLAT MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > > > > > > > > >

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Actually, our Offense IS back on track....we were only off track versus Seattle.

However, let's interject a dose of reality into our thinking on this.

1:
    Wide Receivers
    :
    Bethel Johnson had a big drop....but, since we picked him up after he was cut by the Pats, did anyone expect him to light the league on fire?
    Nope.
    The bigger problem here is Troy Williamson...he flat out can't catch.
    3rd down and crunch...Brad hits him in stride, in the numbers.....plop goes the ball.
    That's been the story of our season.

Of additional concern, our Receivers don't seem to be able to get open past the 10 yard line.
    I think we flat our have a rotten group of receivers.
    If we started from scratch next season, I wouldn't bat an eye.

2:
    Quarterback
    :
    Brad has had it.
    There is no way he starts for us next year.
    He can't find receivers anymore, throwing all around them but seldom at them (and, when he does, they drop the bloody ball).
    He's now coughed up the ball 6 times in 2 games.
    That's flat out unacceptable.

3:
    Play Calling
    :
    Once again it was ineffective.
    That makes 8 straight quarters - 2 complete games - without an Offensive Touchdown.
    Last time I looked, whomever scores the most points wins....gonna be hard to win when we don't score points.

I have already covered - at length - my belief that Darrell Bevel is simply a "Yes" man OC, and that Childress needs a REAL OC to be brought in.
    I'm not a big fan of the hyper-conservative style of football as it depends entirely too much on the ability of the Offense to employ an assortment of weapons.
    We can't do that because we have only 1 weapon...Chester Taylor.
    We are as 1 dimensional as we can get...and if Chester goes down, we've got nothing.

4:
    Overall
    :
    Many here have been telling those of us who have been warning about the Offense that we were 2-1, shut up.
    We're 2-2, relax.
    We're 3-2, and we're just getting warmed up.
    We're 4-2 and look at the defense.
    We're 4-3...but it was New England.

Now what?
    We're 4-4, we were in the driver's seat with Chicago and Green Bay losing...and we gave it all back.
    Against San Francisco...the team that has allowed the MOST points in the entire NFL...and we only managed to score THREE!!!!!

Well, this is the most painful "I told you so" I've ever delivered, but here it is...nah....I can't do it....too painful

Bottom line, if there isn't a SERIOUS shake up on the Offensive side of the ball, we will MISS the Play-Offs.
    Failing to score a touchdown on Offense for two complete games, and having a previous drought of THREE games, is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Childress has done some good things with the Vikes so far - like bringing in Tomlin and giving us a Defense we can be proud of (except versus New England)...but his Offensive scheme flat out SUCKS.
    If he doesn't do something about it - and fast - the best "D" in teh world won't make up for it.

Caine

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:
    Actually, our Offense IS back on track....we were only off track versus Seattle.

However, let's interject a dose of reality into our thinking on this.

1:
    Wide Receivers
    :
    Bethel Johnson had a big drop....but, since we picked him up after he was cut by the Pats, did anyone expect him to light the league on fire?
    Nope.
    The bigger problem here is Troy Williamson...he flat out can't catch.
    3rd down and crunch...Brad hits him in stride, in the numbers.....plop goes the ball.
    That's been the story of our season.

Of additional concern, our Receivers don't seem to be able to get open past the 10 yard line.
    I think we flat our have a rotten group of receivers.
    If we started from scratch next season, I wouldn't bat an eye.

2:
    Quarterback
    :
    Brad has had it.
    There is no way he starts for us next year.
    He can't find receivers anymore, throwing all around them but seldom at them (and, when he does, they drop the bloody ball).
    He's now coughed up the ball 6 times in 2 games.
    That's flat out unacceptable.

3:
    Play Calling
    :
    Once again it was ineffective.
    That makes 8 straight quarters - 2 complete games - without an Offensive Touchdown.
    Last time I looked, whomever scores the most points wins....gonna be hard to win when we don't score points.

I have already covered - at length - my belief that Darrell Bevel is simply a "Yes" man OC, and that Childress needs a REAL OC to be brought in.
    I'm not a big fan of the hyper-conservative style of football as it depends entirely too much on the ability of the Offense to employ an assortment of weapons.
    We can't do that because we have only 1 weapon...Chester Taylor.
    We are as 1 dimensional as we can get...and if Chester goes down, we've got nothing.

4:
    Overall
    :
    Many here have been telling those of us who have been warning about the Offense that we were 2-1, shut up.
    We're 2-2, relax.
    We're 3-2, and we're just getting warmed up.
    We're 4-2 and look at the defense.
    We're 4-3...but it was New England.

Now what?
    We're 4-4, we were in the driver's seat with Chicago and Green Bay losing...and we gave it all back.
    Against San Francisco...the team that has allowed the MOST points in the entire NFL...and we only managed to score THREE!!!!!

Well, this is the most painful "I told you so" I've ever delivered, but here it is...nah....I can't do it....too painful

Bottom line, if there isn't a SERIOUS shake up on the Offensive side of the ball, we will MISS the Play-Offs.
    Failing to score a touchdown on Offense for two complete games, and having a previous drought of THREE games, is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Childress has done some good things with the Vikes so far - like bringing in Tomlin and giving us a Defense we can be proud of (except versus New England)...but his Offensive scheme flat out SUCKS.
    If he doesn't do something about it - and fast - the best "D" in teh world won't make up for it.

Caine
    Another excellent post by Caine, representative of the ones who aren't afraid to say what's on their minds.....................the left-behinds...of the Great Society...(kazoo) doo doo doo doo dooooooooooooo....

I have determined that it is impossible to quote only part of the chorus of that song.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

BBQ...Koren is an idiot for driving 90 mph while all drinky...check your head...the move had to be made...get over it...one of our WR needs to step up...

peace...
    peace...