Warning: Non-static method VBSHOUT_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/vbshout/hooks/global_start.php on line 16

Warning: Non-static method INFOPANELS_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/infopanels/hooks/global_start.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49
So James Is Back...


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    So James Is Back...

    ...and expected to be the starter from all reports I read.
    So what happens to Ray Edwards?
    This guy has a motor that won't quit. He should be far more than a "backup" in my estimation. So what happens to him?
    Thoughts?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: So James Is Back...

    my thoughts? he is going to be starting out 1st string and erasmus wil have to take it from him. and hell be in there on pass downs. he wont be forgotten. but then again this is just me grumbling.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: So James Is Back...

    I think Edwards will start against Atlanta.
    James is back in practice, but he is behind the power curve right now.
    He is going to compete for the starting job, but no guarantees.

    FYI, Edwards also found himself on the opposite side a couple of time on Friday.
    It is also possible that we will see a Edwards/James combo.
    Childress and Frazier will put the best two ends on the field.


    Personally I like the fact that we have depth.
    Nothing like a little competition to get the performances up.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: So James Is Back...

    May the best player win...and the other keep on pushing the eventual starter.
    Both WILL play...and if there is not much dropoff between the two, we will have fresher legs on passing downs...WIN-WIN in my book!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #5
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: So James Is Back...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think Edwards will start against Atlanta.
    James is back in practice, but he is behind the power curve right now.
    He is going to compete for the starting job, but no guarantees.

    FYI, Edwards also found himself on the opposite side a couple of time on Friday.
    It is also possible that we will see a Edwards/James combo.
    Childress and Frazier will put the best two ends on the field.


    Personally I like the fact that we have depth.
    Nothing like a little competition to get the performances up.
    That would be a very interesting combination.
    Apparently the Evans loser has the ability to get some pressure too.
    I have been wondering if we would see an Indy style D-line more adept at pass rush then run stuffing in the future (The future looks sooner then later). I think your right that the best players will be on the field regardless.
    I think they would take the opportunity to gain a large amount of pass pressure for a marginal loss of run control.
    All of our LBs are good tacklers and quick to get to the line.

    I hae heard many times that Frazier has a higher propensity to blitz.
    Is this coming from his days in Cincy?
    When Frazier says he will blitz more then Tomlin is it more likely that this is his preference or that he will be doing this out of necessity?
    He was just quoted stating that front 4 pressure is a huge key to the defense.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  6. #6
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: So James Is Back...

    "Billy" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think Edwards will start against Atlanta.
    James is back in practice, but he is behind the power curve right now.
    He is going to compete for the starting job, but no guarantees.

    FYI, Edwards also found himself on the opposite side a couple of time on Friday.
    It is also possible that we will see a Edwards/James combo.
    Childress and Frazier will put the best two ends on the field.


    Personally I like the fact that we have depth.
    Nothing like a little competition to get the performances up.
    That would be a very interesting combination.
    Apparently the Evans loser has the ability to get some pressure too.
    I have been wondering if we would see an Indy style D-line more adept at pass rush then run stuffing in the future (The future looks sooner then later). I think your right that the best players will be on the field regardless.
    I think they would take the opportunity to gain a large amount of pass pressure for a marginal loss of run control.
    All of our LBs are good tacklers and quick to get to the line.

    I hae heard many times that Frazier has a higher propensity to blitz.
    Is this coming from his days in Cincy?
    When Frazier says he will blitz more then Tomlin is it more likely that this is his preference or that he will be doing this out of necessity?
    He was just quoted stating that front 4 pressure is a huge key to the defense.
    Evans won't be a loser if he flies straight...and neither will we!!!
    Get ready to see some Viking sacking going on this season...and increased INTs as well with the renewed pressure on opposing QBs...especially on Farve!!!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: So James Is Back...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think Edwards will start against Atlanta.
    James is back in practice, but he is behind the power curve right now.
    He is going to compete for the starting job, but no guarantees.

    FYI, Edwards also found himself on the opposite side a couple of time on Friday.
    It is also possible that we will see a Edwards/James combo.
    Childress and Frazier will put the best two ends on the field.


    Personally I like the fact that we have depth.
    Nothing like a little competition to get the performances up.
    Usually you and I see things pretty much the same, however in this case I have a question that goes back to the whole RDE/LDE discussion I keep harping on.

    You don't mean in our base 4-3 we will have Edwards and James starting do you?

    Udeze 6-3 281/Scott 6-3 289 lbs.
    James 6-4 266/Edwards 6-5 268 lbs.

    In order for him to supplant Udeze one or both of them would have to add weight, probably slowing him down and probably not an option for James as extra weight will just compound problems with suspect knees.
    Just don't see why we would start them both in the base.

    I would, however, expect to see them both on the field as rotations/situations dictate were we aren't worried about the run as much as the pass.
    Hopefully that is what you mean.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: So James Is Back...

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Evans won't be a loser if he flies straight...and neither will we!!!
    Get ready to see some Viking sacking going on this season...and increased INTs as well with the renewed pressure on opposing QBs...especially on Farve!!!
    ;D
    Prime example, Fri. night.
    Edwards gets pressure on Bulger who throws an akward pass that Leber tips to Smith for the I-N-T.

    Didn't get to see it but it sure sounds like a slutty play.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  9. #9
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: So James Is Back...

    I hope he comes in and steps up and makes my purchasing of my James's jersey worth it. Go knock some QB's around.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  10. #10
    staticnullvoid is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13

    Re: So James Is Back...

    The more the merrier let the best 2 DEs win. Competition will be good for everyone involved.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Erasmus James traded (was Erasmus James waived)
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 08:25 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 12:26 AM
  4. Just got back from Tommy James and the Shondells.
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 01:19 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 02:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •