Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    15th is about right. I watched every game, and I can't even see how we were ranked that high.
    Late in the season we were ranked 10th. Last two games might have dropped us. I specifically remember 10th. Might be in scoring?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Late in the season we were ranked 10th. Last two games might have dropped us. I specifically remember 10th. Might be in scoring?
    Not sure, all I know is this team was brutal to watch all year. For the first time since I can remember, I was happy when their season was over. That's how frustrated I am with this team now.

PackSux! is online now Hall of Famer
    Our offense sucked and so did our defense this season. So how can anyone justify keeping any of the staff.

Most people blame the last second losses on the defense and the truth is that we had every chance in the world to close out them games by RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK! But no, Muskrat had to try and be sneaky and pass the ball. Which in turn gave the enemy free time outs and allowed them asshats to fabricate game winning drives. 3 and outs will kill you and Muskrat is the shit when it comes to 3 and outs.

I cannot believe I just said "the shit".

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Our offense sucked and so did our defense this season. So how can anyone justify keeping any of the staff.

Most people blame the last second losses on the defense and the truth is that we had every chance in the world to close out them games by RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK! But no, Muskrat had to try and be sneaky and pass the ball. Which in turn gave the enemy free time outs and allowed them asshats to fabricate game winning drives. 3 and outs will kill you and Muskrat is the shit when it comes to 3 and outs.

I cannot believe I just said "the shit".
    I agree. Would rather not have any ties to the former regime. We need to wipe all the Childress out of the building. Sure, coming in 14th in points and yards isn't terrible, specially given our QB triangle of futility, but we do also have one of the best RBs of all time who tends to succeed without much support.

To put that in perspective, they were 8th in rushing yards/game and no.1 in rushing TDs with 23...but only 23rd in passing yards/game and 27th in passing TDs at only 18! Only 5 more than the bottom of the NFL, and a whopping 37 less passing TDs than Peyton Manning's record breaking year.

Yeah, a better QB will fix some of that, but he's most likely going to be a rookie, I'm not so sure Musgrave is the man to train that guy...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I agree. Would rather not have any ties to the former regime. We need to wipe all the Childress out of the building. Sure, coming in 14th in points and yards isn't terrible, specially given our QB triangle of futility, but we do also have one of the best RBs of all time who tends to succeed without much support.

To put that in perspective, they were 8th in rushing yards/game and no.1 in rushing TDs with 23...but only 23rd in passing yards/game and 27th in passing TDs at only 18! Only 5 more than the bottom of the NFL, and a whopping 37 less passing TDs than Peyton Manning's record breaking year.

Yeah, a better QB will fix some of that, but he's most likely going to be a rookie, I'm not so sure Musgrave is the man to train that guy...?
    We had the best running back in the NFL in 2010, and finished 29th in points. We have scored more points and more yards every year since.

If there is a great coordinator available, fine, but change for the sake of change doesn't help anyone.

We could easily have one of the bottom 10 offenses next year if we switch coordinators and don't get solid QB play.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    No link. I didn't think so. At least mcdon threw up some stats in support of keeping Musgrave. He has a point but one could use the same stats to support bringing back Ponder as next years starter; after all, the offense is making progress, right ?
    I agree, the offense has the tools to be very good with the addition of a good QB. But I also believe a better offensive coordinator is a crucial need.
    Musgrave lacks creativity and has failed to recognize the very thing he promised when he was hired. He promised to use the strengths of his players to create mismatches that would favor his offense. He did use Harvin in that way at times, but there were far to many times when he relied on his favorite play calling sequence, run, run, pass (usually short of the first down marker), and punt.
    I recall a game with 12 offensive series. One was a kneel down before half time. In the eleven remaining series, run, run , pass sequence, was called in 5 of them.
    All the blame can be placed on Ponder, but I don't buy it. If for no other reason than his failure to develop Ponder, Musgrave needs to go fail elsewhere.
    Time for a fresh start for the Vikings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123