Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    Musgrave was not the problem. If you didn't know, we had a top 10 offense this year WITH CHRISTIAN FUCKING PONDER. I think we could use an upgrade over Musgrave, but he was definitely not the problem.
    said the person with the Christian Ponder Sig..

  2. #12
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan1234 View Post
    nfl_draftguru: Told that current vikings oc bill musgrave will be considered to remain oc if zimmer is hired. Both have worked together previously
    fml!!

  3. #13
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    and I'm considering liposuction and ravaging the three women houses from mine - doesn't mean it's going to happen. If Zimmer takes over as HC then he should, if he does his job properly, at least look at the present staff.
    fixed it for you Peter Lol

  4. #14
    Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    said the person with the Christian Ponder Sig..
    Yeah I know. I put this up like 2 years ago. PPO won't let me remove it D:

  5. #15
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    Musgrave is the problem, let's see why...

    Refusing to use Patterson in the first half of the season and his stupid playcalling
    By all account Patterson was extremely raw coming out of college. Plus he was used immediately on special teams, with great success.

    It's easy to say we should have used him more, but we don't know how he would have responded, it could have delayed his development, or gotten him injured.

    As far as play calling I think the results speak for themselves. The Vikings offense has scored more points every year since Musgrave got here. No team scored more points that didn't have a good QB on the roster.

  6. #16
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Zimmer has also been "linked" to Mike Mularkey and Scott Linehan in recent days. This doesn't mean anything until Zimmer is hired and he announces that Musgrave is staying. So to answer this threads question, yes I still want Zimmer because he is a fiery coach who gets the most out of his players, and that is exactly what this team needs.

  7. #17
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278
    Vikings offense by year. 2011 was Musgraves first year here(nfl rank).
    2010- 314.9yds per game(23); 17.6pts per game(29th)
    2011 - 329.7yds per game(18); 21.2pts per game(19th)
    2012 - 336.6 yds per game(20); 23.7 pts per game(14th)
    2013 - 344.2 yds per game(13); 24.4 pts per game(14th)

    Most of the players on offense are returning in 2014, let them continue to improve, and have some continuity. The plan is working, I really think we are only a good QB away from having a very good offense. A new coordinator means a new scheme and play book, erasing all the progress we have made on that side of the ball.

    Let Zimmer focus all his attention to turning the defense around. He can pick his own coordinator and position coaches, and use most of our draft and free agency resources on that side of the ball. He doesn't need to touch the offense at all.

  8. #18
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Vikings offense by year. 2011 was Musgraves first year here(nfl rank).
    2010- 314.9yds per game(23); 17.6pts per game(29th)
    2011 - 329.7yds per game(18); 21.2pts per game(19th)
    2012 - 336.6 yds per game(20); 23.7 pts per game(14th)
    2013 - 344.2 yds per game(13); 24.4 pts per game(14th)

    Most of the players on offense are returning in 2014, let them continue to improve, and have some continuity. The plan is working, I really think we are only a good QB away from having a very good offense. A new coordinator means a new scheme and play book, erasing all the progress we have made on that side of the ball.

    Let Zimmer focus all his attention to turning the defense around. He can pick his own coordinator and position coaches, and use most of our draft and free agency resources on that side of the ball. He doesn't need to touch the offense at all.
    Good points.. If we get that QB that we need, this offense could be very good.. I agree, let Zimmer work on getting this defense fixed, that is his specialty.

  9. #19
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    Musgrave was not the problem. If you didn't know, we had a top 10 offense this year WITH CHRISTIAN FUCKING PONDER. I think we could use an upgrade over Musgrave, but he was definitely not the problem.
    Can you provide a link ? Not top 10 at ESPN or NFL.com. I did see 15th ranked total offense, which was just above the league average.

  10. #20
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Can you provide a link ? Not top 10 at ESPN or NFL.com. I did see 15th ranked total offense, which was just above the league average.

    15th is about right. I watched every game, and I can't even see how we were ranked that high.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •