Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    Musgrave was not the problem. If you didn't know, we had a top 10 offense this year WITH CHRISTIAN FUCKING PONDER. I think we could use an upgrade over Musgrave, but he was definitely not the problem.
    said the person with the Christian Ponder Sig..

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan1234 View Post
    nfl_draftguru: Told that current vikings oc bill musgrave will be considered to remain oc if zimmer is hired. Both have worked together previously
    fml!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    and I'm considering liposuction and ravaging the three women houses from mine - doesn't mean it's going to happen. If Zimmer takes over as HC then he should, if he does his job properly, at least look at the present staff.
    fixed it for you Peter Lol

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    said the person with the Christian Ponder Sig..
    Yeah I know. I put this up like 2 years ago. PPO won't let me remove it D:

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    Musgrave is the problem, let's see why...

Refusing to use Patterson in the first half of the season and his stupid playcalling
    By all account Patterson was extremely raw coming out of college. Plus he was used immediately on special teams, with great success.

It's easy to say we should have used him more, but we don't know how he would have responded, it could have delayed his development, or gotten him injured.

As far as play calling I think the results speak for themselves. The Vikings offense has scored more points every year since Musgrave got here. No team scored more points that didn't have a good QB on the roster.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Zimmer has also been "linked" to Mike Mularkey and Scott Linehan in recent days. This doesn't mean anything until Zimmer is hired and he announces that Musgrave is staying. So to answer this threads question, yes I still want Zimmer because he is a fiery coach who gets the most out of his players, and that is exactly what this team needs.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Vikings offense by year. 2011 was Musgraves first year here(nfl rank).
    2010- 314.9yds per game(23); 17.6pts per game(29th)
    2011 - 329.7yds per game(18); 21.2pts per game(19th)
    2012 - 336.6 yds per game(20); 23.7 pts per game(14th)
    2013 - 344.2 yds per game(13); 24.4 pts per game(14th)

Most of the players on offense are returning in 2014, let them continue to improve, and have some continuity. The plan is working, I really think we are only a good QB away from having a very good offense. A new coordinator means a new scheme and play book, erasing all the progress we have made on that side of the ball.

Let Zimmer focus all his attention to turning the defense around. He can pick his own coordinator and position coaches, and use most of our draft and free agency resources on that side of the ball. He doesn't need to touch the offense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Vikings offense by year. 2011 was Musgraves first year here(nfl rank).
    2010- 314.9yds per game(23); 17.6pts per game(29th)
    2011 - 329.7yds per game(18); 21.2pts per game(19th)
    2012 - 336.6 yds per game(20); 23.7 pts per game(14th)
    2013 - 344.2 yds per game(13); 24.4 pts per game(14th)

Most of the players on offense are returning in 2014, let them continue to improve, and have some continuity. The plan is working, I really think we are only a good QB away from having a very good offense. A new coordinator means a new scheme and play book, erasing all the progress we have made on that side of the ball.

Let Zimmer focus all his attention to turning the defense around. He can pick his own coordinator and position coaches, and use most of our draft and free agency resources on that side of the ball. He doesn't need to touch the offense at all.
    Good points.. If we get that QB that we need, this offense could be very good.. I agree, let Zimmer work on getting this defense fixed, that is his specialty.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    Musgrave was not the problem. If you didn't know, we had a top 10 offense this year WITH CHRISTIAN FUCKING PONDER. I think we could use an upgrade over Musgrave, but he was definitely not the problem.
    Can you provide a link ? Not top 10 at ESPN or NFL.com. I did see 15th ranked total offense, which was just above the league average.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Can you provide a link ? Not top 10 at ESPN or NFL.com. I did see 15th ranked total offense, which was just above the league average.

15th is about right. I watched every game, and I can't even see how we were ranked that high.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast