Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter

So guys, do you still want Zimmer?

NFL_DraftGuru: Told that current Vikings OC Bill Musgrave will be considered to remain OC if Zimmer is hired. Both have worked together previously

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Not the breath of fresh air this team needs.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Musgrave was not the problem. If you didn't know, we had a top 10 offense this year WITH CHRISTIAN FUCKING PONDER. I think we could use an upgrade over Musgrave, but he was definitely not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    Musgrave was not the problem. If you didn't know, we had a top 10 offense this year WITH CHRISTIAN FUCKING PONDER. I think we could use an upgrade over Musgrave, but he was definitely not the problem.
    Musgrave is the problem, let's see why...

Refusing to use Patterson in the first half of the season and his stupid playcalling

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    Musgrave is the problem, let's see why...

Refusing to use Patterson in the first half of the season and his stupid playcalling

I won't say Musgrave didn't make mistakes. He could have done a lot better... like putting in Cassel week 1, using Patterson more, etc. Patterson was very raw though. Even the players said they didn't care for him at first.. but Patterson has become a team favorite. He needed to be eased into the system. I think we'd do better replacing Musgrave, but I don't think it's a needed change.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    I won't say Musgrave didn't make mistakes. He could have done a lot better... like putting in Cassel week 1, using Patterson more, etc. Patterson was very raw though. Even the players said they didn't care for him at first.. but Patterson has become a team favorite. He needed to be eased into the system. I think we'd do better replacing Musgrave, but I don't think it's a needed change.
    Would you say the same for Alan Williams?

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    That is not the house cleaning this franchise needs. OC and DC need to go as well.

Would you say the same for Alan Williams?
    No. Alan Williams needs to go.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    NFL_DraftGuru: Told that current Vikings OC Bill Musgrave will be considered to remain OC if Zimmer is hired. Both have worked together previously
    and I'm considering liposuction and ravaging the woman three houses from mine - doesn't mean it's going to happen. If Zimmer takes over as HC then he should, if he does his job properly, at least look at the present staff.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    That is not the house cleaning this franchise needs. OC and DC need to go as well.
    I would be surprised if whoever we hire for HC doesn't bring in new coordinators. The Musgrave being considered statement, is probably right there with Spielman considering high school coaches in his global search of a new HC.

I will say though in agreement with purple jesus, between Frazier, Williams and Musgrave. Bill was the best of the three (queue the turd analogies) and actually was able to get a lot of production out of a team that was in constant turmoil with rotating QB's, 70% of the typical AP production and the injuries to the top two TE's. It still was a pretty weak offense IMO, but it wasn't near as bad as our play on the other side of the ball.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast