Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

So, Fox Sports has lost it's mind...

I'm not even sure that T.O. is second best in the NFC. Torry Holt Put up some impressive totals last year. (64 more yards than Moss on 6 more catches, but 5 less TDs)

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Take it all with a grain of salt, guys. All these reports are a lot like watching John Madden, or the analyst du jour on MNF. When Fox Sports is talking about the Vikings, they will say that Randy Moss is the premier receiver in the NFL. When they are talking about the Colts, then Marvin Harrison will be the premier receiver in the NFL. When they are talking about the Eagles, then Terrell Owens is the premier receiver in the NFL. And Torry Holt with the Rams. And so on....

In my opinion, each of these guys are among the top at their position in the game today, and it is nearly impossible to proclaim one "the best". Owens is a much more physical receiver than Moss. It doesn't necessarily make him "the best", but it is an area in which he is probably better than Moss (at least right now).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"josdin00" wrote:
    I'm not even sure that T.O. is second best in the NFC. Torry Holt Put up some impressive totals last year. (64 more yards than Moss on 6 more catches, but 5 less TDs)
    [size=7px][/size]

T.O. is not in the top 5 unless you count mouth size.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    [size=7px][/size]

T.O. is not in the top 5 unless you count mouth size.
    Actually I'd definately say

1.) Moss
    2.) Harrison
    3.) Owens
    4.) Holt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Owens drops too many passes!! I'm not talking about the ones that he reaches out for and bats down or something, I'm talking about the ones he has in HIS HANDS and drops!! He is very physical and he puts hits on people, but he doesn't have the greatest hands (unlike Moss and Holt and Harrison). I would put TO on the outside looking in at the top 5 receivers in the game, with Randy at #1!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Owens drops too many passes!! I'm not talking about the ones that he reaches out for and bats down or something, I'm talking about the ones he has in HIS HANDS and drops!! He is very physical and he puts hits on people, but he doesn't have the greatest hands (unlike Moss and Holt and Harrison). I would put TO on the outside looking in at the top 5 receivers in the game, with Randy at #1!
    My contention exactly. Hands are an issue and I think Speed as well. Last year he was getting shut down a lot by coners who aren't that good

Det, GB, MN all kept him to 5 catches, philly's troy vincent held him to 1 catch for 20 yds. Not that troy is a bad CB but 1 catch? sEattle held him to 4 catches for 36 yds, Bal. held him to 3 catches.

A great rec or a top 5 rec would not get handled by these teams so easily
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

WORD!! Moss is better and Owens is not a top 5 receiver!! RECEIVER'S catch the damn ball, c'mon even Keyshawn Johnson can catch the ball, he just can't score touchdowns!! Moss can do it all!! Even return punts! Remember that punt return for a TD against the Chiefs in what 1999 or 2000, that was awesome!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12