Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So excited

oakmage is offline Starter

Re: So excited

Dude I hope you and your Father will have lots of fun.
    There is nothing better than doing the Father son thing, it is even better when you get to watch the Vikes play.
    I have been to two Viking games in the dome and both memories are some of the greatest of my life.
    Even though we lost the first game I saw in the Dome it was because John Elway pulled one of his famous come back wins so that was a bitter sweat thing to see. The second game we won.
    The one thing I do remember about that game is that there was some in front of me that did not like that fact I was screaming so load.
    Sorry but if I am going to fly in from California to Minnesota I am going to scream my head off and cheer at anything the Vikings do good or bad.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

You are going to love it!
    The viking ship shaking... Ragnar riding out on his harley, the players running out of the ship with fireworks going off.
    And that is just the player announcements!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    The viking ship shaking... Ragnar riding out on his harley, the players running out of the ship with fireworks going off.
    I don't think they are doing the individual player announcements anymore, or so I've heard.
    They didn't do any for the preseason, but maybe they will for the regular season.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

fungus83 is offline Training Camp

Well, you picked a good game to go to! I usually fly down here once a year to watch a game (I reside in Las Vegas, the polar opposite of Minnesota as far as weather goes). Well, last year, this smart guy got tickets to the Vikings-Steelers game. What a mistake... It was just bad...if anybody was in that stadium and saw how we were almost outnumberd by Steeler fans, not to mention the butt woopin.

You will have fun at this game though! It's an amazing thing watching the Vikings live, regardless of if you are nosebleed or not lol.

(As far as the activities outside go, make sure to get Cheese kurds (spelling?)!!! Those things rock...and I don't know if they have them in NY but those things are non existent where I live. They are the best, you gotta get some. That is, unless you have heart problems Then I would say to avoid them lol.

HAVE FUN!

vikings6490 is offline Starter

thanks for all your imput guys...im sure ill have a great time
    Thanks MF

Rastak is offline Rookie

"singersp" wrote:
    "Rastak" wrote:
    "vikings6490" wrote:
    I am pumped right now...my dad just told me that me and him are gonna fly out to Minnesota on the 7th to watch the Vikings play the Lions on the 8th. Being from NY this means alot to me, it's gonna be my first time watching a Vikings game in the dome.
    So whats it like watching a game from there? Win or lose im sure its going to be a great experience for me...well they better win

It's a blast. Lots of stuff going on outside the dome, they've sometimes got the radio broadcast and tents with Viking stuff. Inside, it's pretty load...used to be earsplitting but the NFL forced the Vikes to tone it down a hair. It's a great time, you'll have fun.
    ??? Sometimes? That goes on every home game!

Didn't know if the live bands were every sunday since I only went to four home games last year....I'll see 'em all this year though.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Have fun man.. I still remember my first time to the Dome.. It is unlike anything you have ever experienced.. It is a blast being by all your fellow Viking fans.. It is a great time, so enjoy it with your dad..

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I don't think they are doing the individual player announcements anymore, or so I've heard.
    They didn't do any for the preseason, but maybe they will for the regular season.
    Yeah, I was surprised when they didn't bring back individual announcements this year.
    They stopped announcing individual players last year when DC was struggling.
    The media said it was to keep him from getting boo'd.
    Then, once BJ was in, they never brought it back.
    My guess is with Childress's team-oriented attitude, he is probably going to leave it as a team announcement.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

My dad took me to metropolitan stadium when I was a kid to see the Twins. My dad has been gone for quite awhile now but it was a very special time for me.I still talk about it occasionally over 40 years later.

My first metrodome Vikings game was against Joe Montana and the forty niners.It was a special Thursday night edition of Monday night football with Howard Cosell,Dandy Don Meredith and Frank Gifford in the booth.

Montana had us beat by the end of the first quarter.They stomped us. But I enjoyed being there.It was sports history.

I was hoarse for a few days afterwards and couldn't really speak by the fourth quarter from yelling.

I wished I had a radio with me at the time to listen to the radio broadcast because the PA system sucked. And there is a lot of standing around waiting that goes on during commercials.
    But being there live is special.
    Bring binocculars if you are going to be in the upper deck or end zone.
    Your dad is giving you a special day so make everything surrounding the trip fun also. Let your dad have fun and he will let you have fun.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"fungus83" wrote:
    .......Well, last year, this smart guy got tickets to the Vikings-Steelers game. What a mistake... It was just bad...if anybody was in that stadium and saw how we were almost outnumberd by Steeler fans, not to mention the butt woopin.
    I was there. We weren't outnumbered but it sure felt that way. They were loud & well organized.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast