Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

so does it mean our defense is better than slackers defense?

NO! It means we both can't win a big game with the division on the line!!!!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

JWalk I shockingly agree with pretty much all of your analysis.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: so does it mean our defense is better than slackers defe

"indialovesvikes" wrote:
    when we played eagles we managed to loose 27 - 16
    but the fudge packers lost 47 17

granted the slackers got a point more than us but we didnt let eagles score anywhere near 47

so in conclusion it would seem that our defense really aint all that bad.

Our offense needs to score more points dammit....i'm preaching this from now on until i see DC get his act 2gether and take charge as the leader of this team. DC always seems to loose confidence early in the game.

Can someone tally up the number of games where Vikes scored a TD first and what the outcome was (win/loss)
    versus
    when we didnt score the 1st TD but one was scored against us and what the final outcome was

It would be interesting to see the results.

and btw i'm rubbing the slacker loss from y'day to everyone here at work in slacker land of cheese-eating fat giddy slobs!!!!
    The D was on the field way to long yesterday. The Offense was not moving the ball in the third and fourth qtr. The game was lost because of turnovers. end of story. I like Pep he had a bad game. A D cannot save you when you are turning over the ball.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

JWalk = Insightful and Unbiased. :salute:

Never thought I'd say it. :lol:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Here is a quote from Grady Jackson GB D lineman.

"The best team (in the NFC) is us," argued nose tackle Grady Jackson, "but we didn't play like the best team today. We just have to come back and regroup.

"In my opinion, we're going to see them again in January, and it's going to be a different outcome."

Does he have no brain, to get beat like a drum and then come out and say we are the best team in the NFC! And Packer fans wonder why their team is hated.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    I say both defenses are pretty even in their suckiness. Its simple, they both suck. The pack cant stop the pass...the vikes cant stop the run or the pass on certain weeks. if these 2 teams want a chance at a super bowl...they are probably going to have to score 38 points a game in the playoffs to make it...
    As for player for player, i havent really thought about that so im gonna compare players here and we'll see the result...

LDE - Kenny Mixon vs. Aaron Kampman
    I take Mixon
    NT - Grady Jackson vs. Spencer Johnson
    Grady any day
    DT - Cledtius Hunt vs. Kevin Williams
    Kevin has so much potential
    RDE - Kenechi Udeze vs. KGB
    I say this one is pretty even
    SLB- Keith Newman vs. Hannibal Navies
    I say this one is even as well. Both have shown flashes, but not there yet.
    MLB - Nick Barnett vs. EJ Henderson
    No question here. Barnett is much better thatn Henderson
    WLB - Na'il Diggs vs. Chris Claiborne
    Diggs gets the edge. He has been playing like a mad man this year.
    LCB - Ahmad Carroll vs. Antoine Winfield
    Winfield might be the best player listed of all these players. He is head and shoulders above Carroll and should be a player Carroll should model his game after.
    RCB - Brian Williams vs. Al Harris
    Ill take Al harris over Williams any day. Harris has improved his game so much this year and if it wasnt for all rest of the shitty defensive backfield, this guy would look like gold.
    FS - Darren Sharper vs. Brian Russell
    Sharper is all-pro and Russell is having a terrible season. Russell overachieved last season and Sharper has been playing hurt for most of the year, but is still very affective.
    SS - Corey Chavous vs. Mark Roman
    Ill take Chavous. No doubt in this one. Roman isn't anything close to what I thought me might be like this year. He is definitely a back up player.

That puts the Pack at a slim 5-4 advantage at positions. Although the possibility lies that both Newman and Udeze can be better than KGB and Navies. Another one that is close is Williams and Harris. I think that it is way too close to say one defense is better than the other.

Green Bay Defense & Minnesota Defense = Same Suckiness
    Of course, if you match up Winfield vs. Harris and Carroll vs. Williams, then I will take both Vikings (giving us the 5-4 advantage)...never knew that there was still a LCB - RCB distinction in game situations (usually the best CB goes to whatever side the best WR is lining up on). But you are right...the defenses are too close to call. However, for the future, I would probably have to say that the Vikings potential looks much better across the board (except maybe the secondary...we may have to take a page from the Packers draft brain trust and draft a CB or two...LOL).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

You can't measure individual against individual, this is not WRASSLING. This is a team sport.

It is a team effort. I see where you were going but ultimately it comes down to the TEAMS effort.

GB and MN did not have very good team efforts this last weekend.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Here is a quote from Grady Jackson GB D lineman.

"The best team (in the NFC) is us," argued nose tackle Grady Jackson, "but we didn't play like the best team today. We just have to come back and regroup.

"In my opinion, we're going to see them again in January, and it's going to be a different outcome."

Does he have no brain, to get beat like a drum and then come out and say we are the best team in the NFC! And Packer fans wonder why their team is hated.
    Denial is common in a tramatic situation.

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

i think the packers have a lot of potential in their secondary as well as in their linebacking corps. the will upgrade at SS and probably get someone in line of replace sharper. harris will be around for quite some time now and carroll is really improving. i believe roman was a temporary fixture for the season and sharper has 3 or 4 years left in him.

linebackers, we are set with diggs and barnett. i absolutely hate navies. i swear he sucks so bad. i could take any person out of the stands and they could guard a tight end better than him. he is no where to be found on any play and plain and simple, he just sucks. im sure that will be addressed as well.

d line- we will hopefully get grady re-signed. him and hunt are solid in the middle. kampman is servicable and if we can draft a top notch d-end. this will be a much improved defensive unit.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

Where would we be if it was easier to keep players around, you know before PARITY and HUGE MONEY FA?

Orlando(?), Griffith(browns), Washington(Jax?), where are you now?

At times I am sure we had some bad words for Orlando and definitely Washington. They sure look better now than they ever did.

I am not sure if Orlando is in the NFL anymore????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast