Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Smoot's offseason shapes up

Nice read. I would love to see Smoot play like he did in Washington. If last season was any indication, we got a bust.. I think he is being serious, so that is nice to know that we got a guy coming back that wants to do alot better. Good to see he is gelling with the new coaches. Always a good sign..

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Euphman06" wrote:
    "mackd10" wrote:
    Smoot needs to shut up and put up.........Ask Steve Smith.

I didn't know he was trash talking :scratch: Don't bust on the man when he is trying to make himself better. Geez.

He was referring to last season when Smoot talked smack in pregame warmups to Steve Smith, and got lit up. Meaning, if you are going to run your mouth (like Smoot does all the time) then you better be able to back it up. Smoot likes to talk smack, but last season he didn't back it up..

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Good.. Maybe adding muscle will keep him healthy

Im looking forward to seeing what he can do this year.. I was pretty excited about the Smoot pick up.. And I know he is better then he played last year

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I hope he really does step up this season. Last season I was so excited about all the talent we got and Smoot was the biggest let down, granted he was hurt, but he talked such a HUGE game and didn't back any of it up when he did play.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

He needs to improve.

We did not get our $$$ worth last year.

I am looking forward to it.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Euphman06" wrote:
    "mackd10" wrote:

I didn't know he was trash talking :scratch: Don't bust on the man when he is trying to make himself better. Geez.

He was referring to last season when Smoot talked smack in pregame warmups to Steve Smith, and got lit up. Meaning, if you are going to run your mouth (like Smoot does all the time) then you better be able to back it up. Smoot likes to talk smack, but last season he didn't back it up..
    Of course it will help now that we have a defensive coordinator who doesn't have his head up his ass. That game is a perfect example of how not to effectively use your secondary aginast a talented WR. Smoot played the game the way he was coached to. Man, I am tried of people using that game as an excuse to hate on him.

I agree with Euphman06. That article was about Smoot bettering himself in the offseason. No need to bust on him for that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Euphman06" wrote:
    "mackd10" wrote:

Of course it will help now that we have a defensive coordinator who doesn't have his head up his jiggly butt. That game is a perfect example of how not to effectively use your secondary aginast a talented WR. Smoot played the game the way he was coached to. Man, I am tried of people using that game as an excuse to hate on him.

I agree with Euphman06. That article was about Smoot bettering himself in the offseason. No need to bust on him for that.
    Absolutely. Granted Smoot could have done better, but the coverage scheme blowed from the start and never adapted. Too much advantage goes to the WR in a 1on1 situation.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Euphman06" wrote:
    "mackd10" wrote:

Of course it will help now that we have a defensive coordinator who doesn't have his head up his jiggly butt. That game is a perfect example of how not to effectively use your secondary aginast a talented WR. Smoot played the game the way he was coached to. Man, I am tried of people using that game as an excuse to hate on him.

Absolutely. Granted Smoot could have done better, but the coverage scheme blowed from the start and never adapted. Too much advantage goes to the WR in a 1on1 situation.

Expecially against Steve Smith!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

For some reason i had a hunth this was gonna happen. I was hoping he was working out, trying to get stronger. Trying to be that 6$ dollar corner that he was payed for. This is really good news, this shows a little work ethic and maturity.

I think smoots a really competitive guy and he'll do what it takes to win the fans and teamates confidence back. I look foward to seeing him play.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I think Smoot is a great player and will shine this year. I didn't think he did that bad last year. Yeah he got burned by Smith but then who didn't. And part of the reason for that was Cottrell's stoopid D schemes. Also I get tired of people complaining about a little trash talk. Our team needs a little attitude. If you trash talk a little bit and get burned so what? I don't want to be a fan of a bunch of latte drinking, sensitive getting in touch with their inner child wooosies. I want them to be in your face Vikings that aren't afraid to tell another team that they suck and we are going to kick their ass. :thumbright: You go Smoot.

WWBGD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast