Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Smoot still getting burned

"Del" wrote:
    Listen people need to read a post and then understand it. This is becoming an epidemic. Stop reading something and changing the words in your mind it is what it is.

A)"Smoot has only really succeeded in attracting a bunch of bandwaggoners" What I said.
    B)"How can you call people who still support Smoot (myself included) bandwaggoners?" What you think I said NOT THE SAME THING.
    Del, you have either had too much coffee this morning, or not enough.
    My comments were meant as more of a light hearted aside, hence the LOL preface and the multiple smiles.
    Admittidly, I did misinterpret your comment.
    I was looking at it from a "Smoot bandwagon" context, not a "Vikings bandwagon" context.
    In my reply, I meant that I was not on the Smoot bandwagon, because I saw potential in his play even when he sucked it up last year.

There are still people on both types of Smoot bandwagons.
    We have the Smoot lovers (who have been relatively quiet, and for good reason), and there are the Smoot haters, who make paost like this one:

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Fred Smoot is a punk. He never stops talking, and has nothing to back up his big mouth. Hes the worst cover guy the vikes have had in a while, even worse then Brian Williams. Hes too old, too slow, and to busy setting up boat parties to be an effective corner.
    This is just as bad and uninformed as people who think Smoot walks on water.
    My favorite is the part about him being too old.
    He's 27, two years younger than Winfield!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

How is my post 'uniformed'? He talks trash ALL the time. Hes loud and obnoxius. And since hes been with the vikings, hes hasnt done a thing other then get burned and give a bad name to the vikings. Trust me, when opposing QBs play against the Vikes, they look where Smoot is, and not because they dont wanna throw the ball there.

Del Rio Guest

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Listen people need to read a post and then understand it. This is becoming an epidemic. Stop reading something and changing the words in your mind it is what it is.

A)"Smoot has only really succeeded in attracting a bunch of bandwaggoners" What I said.
    B)"How can you call people who still support Smoot (myself included) bandwaggoners?" What you think I said NOT THE SAME THING.
    Del, you have either had too much coffee this morning, or not enough.
    My comments were meant as more of a light hearted aside, hence the LOL preface and the multiple smiles.
    Admittidly, I did misinterpret your comment.
    I was looking at it from a "Smoot bandwagon" context, not a "Vikings bandwagon" context.
    In my reply, I meant that I was not on the Smoot bandwagon, because I saw potential in his play even when he sucked it up last year.

There are still people on both types of Smoot bandwagons.
    We have the Smoot lovers (who have been relatively quiet, and for good reason), and there are the Smoot haters, who make paost like this one:

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Fred Smoot is a punk. He never stops talking, and has nothing to back up his big mouth. Hes the worst cover guy the vikes have had in a while, even worse then Brian Williams. Hes too old, too slow, and to busy setting up boat parties to be an effective corner.
    This is just as bad and uninformed as people who think Smoot walks on water.
    My favorite is the part about him being too old.
    He's 27, two years younger than Winfield!
    I would go with not enough Coffee. I apologize.
    In truth I'm scared to drink coffee today because last night my wife bought a $5 little ceasars pizza and I ate about 4 pieces everything was fine. I went to bed. About 1 in the morning I about shit my sheets and spent about 30 minutes on the pot contimplating life and the burn.

So I should get an "It's ok your a jerk today" card. I have no excuse for every other day, just today.

I agree with you BTW about the other posts being as bad. I prefer to think about something decide where I stand and always be open to tell people they are wrong.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Fred Smoot is terrible. He does not have great feet, his hip swivel is swift but poorly executed, he does not jam well, and bites on outside moves way, way too easily.

Quite frankly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bGv6Ijf1aU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Defensive backs get burned for all kinds of reasons.
    ie.
    the pass rush breaks down,
    a blitz leaves you one on one,
    another DB goes the wrong way.
    When you are covering people well and no one is passing in your direction rarely do you hear anyone giving you credit.
    With all of the rules about what a DB can and can't do anymore all of them are getting burned.
    The NFL set it up that way to make games more exciting.

Also Smoot is still adjusting to yet another defensive scheme and its only preseason.
    :
    Give the guy break and at least wait till the regular season.

WWBGD

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

All backs do get beat, but Smoots mouth and pay check make it more difficult to bear.
    Last two preseason Fred talks about hitting the weights and being more physical and the last two seasons he's hurt his neck and missed some of training camp.
    He's not a big hitter or the greatest tackler and all of these things wouldn't be my source of focus if it wasn't for his own mouth.
    Although his talk can be funny and he smile is electric, he sells himself as a shutdown corner and he is getting a fair chunk of change to shut his side of the field down.
    If he suffers a bruised ego this year from a flashy receiver I would to see Whitaker and/or Griffin get some playing time spelling off Smoot, their style of play seems to fall more in line with the way Winfield plays.

It is only preseason.
    Maybe just like the offence, the defence will not show everything they will be doing in the second game of the preseason.
    I understand the tampa two is not complex, but every coach has their own style.
    All the DB's gave up yards in the first drive, not just smoot.
    You republican whore!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Smoot will be fine, he dedicated himself this entire off season, he gained 12 pounds of muscle, and will be more physical at the line, and says his speed is what it was when he was on Washington. He'll be fine, he's a very good corner, last year injuries held him back.

I know he talks a lot, a whole lot, and really I think he's taking it easy in the preseason, when we get to MNF in Washington, we'll really see him play, it will be a test, and we'll see him pass or fail. And it won't be an easy test to pass, Brandon Lloyd, Santana Moss, and Antwaan Randle El is a very good reciever corps and I think will be the ultimate test for our secondary.

Del Rio Guest

I have never seen anyone put on muscle in their face. The dude face is fat now.

When we ask players to gain muscle I have never seen it change the size of thier face lol.

Makes me wonder.

Rastak is offline Rookie

"Del" wrote:
    I have never seen anyone put on muscle in their face. The dude face is fat now.

When we ask players to gain muscle I have never seen it change the size of thier face lol.

Makes me wonder.

Must have been doing seated face curls with extra drop sets.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast