Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Json is offline GM

Re: Smoot still getting burned

It makes all the sense in the world.
    He added 14 pounds so he has to go through training camp and preseason games to get a better feel of how to react to the ball and play with that extra wait.
    It's not like changing your shoes.
    It's a big diffrence.
    Plus can someone please tell me what other DB on the Vikes has returned an interception for a TD thus far?
    Thank you!

Del Rio Guest

"Json" wrote:
    It makes all the sense in the world.
    He added 14 pounds so he has to go through training camp and preseason games to get a better feel of how to react to the ball and play with that extra wait.
    It's not like changing your shoes.
    It's a big diffrence.
    Plus can someone please tell me what other DB on the Vikes has returned an interception for a TD thus far?
    Thank you!
    Yeah it is a big difference he is fatter now and still gets hurt. WOW EPIC difference.

Newsflash, being 14 pounds heavier isn't going to prevent you from breaking your collerbone when you tackle with your neck. Being 14 pounds heavier isn't going to prevent you from pulling your hamstring......

Better question who gives a pooh? It's preseason.

I'm going to predict right now Fred Smoot gets hurt bad enough to miss 2 games this season if not more. The injury will come from him not tackling correctly. Mark it down, crow eating material.

Json is offline GM

A whopping 2 games?
    OH NO!

Apparently that 14 pounds didn't slow him down that much as he was hotdoggin it to the endzone for 6 points.

Del Rio Guest

"Json" wrote:
    A whopping 2 games?
    OH NO!

Apparently that 14 pounds didn't slow him down that much as he was hotdoggin it to the endzone for 6 points.
    2 games out of 16 lmao.

2 games = 700,000$ +

I don't know where you are from, but where I am from 700,000 dollars lost because someone doesn't know how to tackle is a lot of money.

Of course you can't expect rabid fanbois to wrap around that.

You knock yourself out for two games in a 16 game season your hurting your team. Two games more last season and we would have made the playoffs. 2 games is a big deal.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

So when do the coaches step in and have a talk with him? I would hope that the coaches see this (poor tackling), and do something about it.

Del Rio Guest

"grpape" wrote:
    So when do the coaches step in and have a talk with him? I would hope that the coaches see this (poor tackling), and do something about it.
    Hopefully everyday on the practice field. Some people are just never going to be good tacklers. I have no idea if Smoot falls into this category or not, but what he needs to understand is how to avoid hurting himself. You can coach it, but they need to execute. If he wants to lay a big hit on someone (Which I think is what he is trying to do) by lunging at them uncontrolled it is dangerous moreso for him then for the opponent.

If I was his coach I would tell him to stop going for the knock out and concentrate more on the take down. Stop trying to knock his helmet off and instead try to make him have zero YAC.

That alone would probably help if he could get into that mindframe. I have a feeling he wants to make the highlight reels at all angles. If he is a great cover guy that should be his bread and butter.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    If I was his coach I would tell him to stop going for the knock out and concentrate more on the take down. Stop trying to knock his helmet off and instead try to make him have zero YAC.
    Ala Antoine Winfield.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    If he wants to lay a big hit on someone (Which I think is what he is trying to do) by lunging at them uncontrolled it is dangerous moreso for him then for the opponent.

concentrate more on the take down. Stop trying to knock his helmet off and instead try to make him have zero YAC.

I know exactly what your saying Del...

When I played ball, my favorite side of the ball had to be when I was on the D line, even though I took great pride in playing on the O line also..

But I did notice one thing during all my playing years and I learned from it, trust me..

When I used to play above my head and go for the tackle by lunging at them uncontrolled, I was the one who would take the worst of the hit more times than not.

I learned quickly, a good solid controlled tackle and driving the player into the ground afterwards, would put much more of a hurting on the runner and much less damage to myself......

Yes, I know exactly what you mean... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910