Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 98
  1. #1
    Redmption's Avatar
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    307

    Smoot still getting burned

    I was just able to see the Vikes/Pitt game yesterday on NFL Network and it still looks like Smoot is getting burned by every WR he covers... Whats the deal? He looks like more of a liability than anything else

  2. #2
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Smoot still getting burned

    Plus he is giving 10 yards to every receiver and in cover 2 that is not the best thing to do.

    Like a lot of the Vikings players that Childress inherited this is their make or brake year, Childress couldn't get rid of every player the Vikes had on the roster.
    There are players from last year with talent that you want to keep, but the former players should realize the have 1 shot and this year is it.
    If the go out and prove they are good solid players and are assets to the team they will be back next year, if they are all mouth and no action on the field they will be gone after this season.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  3. #3
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Smoot still getting burned

    I hate the fact we didn't get Ken Lucas.

    It is preseason however. I wont worry until the regular season starts.

  4. #4
    Redmption's Avatar
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    307

    Re: Smoot still getting burned

    It seemed like the whole passing defense was very weak during the whole game. They did come up with some key turn overs when it mattered but Charlie Batch was carving them up. And Big Ben pretty much smacked them around. But like Del Rio said it is preseason and everyone is still tuning up.
    Smoot had this look on his face when he got burned for that TD like 'how'd that happen?' That look alone made me very worried.

  5. #5
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Smoot still getting burned

    "Del" wrote:
    I hate the fact we didn't get Ken Lucas.

    It is preseason however. I wont worry until the regular season starts.

    Del i wish we would ahve signed your frined and had him as a replacement if Smoot stinks it up this year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #6
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Smoot still getting burned

    "Redmption" wrote:
    It seemed like the whole passing defense was very weak during the whole game. They did come up with some key turn overs when it mattered but Charlie Batch was carving them up. And Big Ben pretty much smacked them around. But like Del Rio said it is preseason and everyone is still tuning up.
    Smoot had this look on his face when he got burned for that TD like 'how'd that happen?' That look alone made me very worried.
    Charlie Batch and 'the look' had me worried too.
    Only two more games until reality hits.

  7. #7
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Smoot still getting burned

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I hate the fact we didn't get Ken Lucas.

    It is preseason however. I wont worry until the regular season starts.

    Del i wish we would ahve signed your frined and had him as a replacement if Smoot stinks it up this year.
    Oh yeah even Dyson would have been a huge upgrade for us for about 1/2 the price. Smoot has only really succeeded in attracting a bunch of bandwaggoners. He was known as a great CB. Now he is known for scandal and getting burned by Steve Smith. He should be sending thank you cards to champ bailey for getting him a huge contract.

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Smoot still getting burned

    Smoot got burnt twice in that opening drive by Pitt, but the entire defense was looking bad.
    The no huddle offense was keeping them in a nickle formation (I think), and that was causing havoc.
    Once we got out feet planted, the defense, including Smoot, settled down and played well.

    Del is right, it is only preseason, and there is no need to worry.
    It is hard to judge any player (not named McMahon ) based on barely two quarters of preseason play.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: Smoot still getting burned

    the team as a whole is still getting things 2gether.

    I'll hold off on the smoot bash just yet and give him the final days of preseason to get his !#$% together. He's got the talent, and the body to do the right things now.. so lets just hope that it all falls into place..

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  10. #10
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Smoot still getting burned

    I find it interesting that every game I watch, when someone makes a play on Smoot, the announcers always say "on one of the elite (or better) corners in the league".
    Yet, he consistently gets burned.
    I don't know how a player who consistently gets burned can be considered elite, or even among the better players in the league at his position.
    I think Winfield can be considered elite, when you hear his name called, it's usually for something good, Smoot seems to be exactly the opposite.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Man gets burned while using lighter to siphon gas
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 11:31 AM
  2. Buying into latest myth can get teams burned
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 10:58 AM
  3. Combine burned Vikings in 2005
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 12:35 PM
  4. Wonder if six tapes got burned today
    By Iwantmy$2 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 08:25 AM
  5. Good Bye Fred Smoot NFL Network Reports smoot is done in minnesota
    By SuperVikes07 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •