Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: SMOOT HURT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

It scares me because they always say it's something minor and then 3 weeks later they are having surgery and out for a month or month and a half!

If it was an ankle sprain it just needs time, but when it is a knee it worries me.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

First of all, the last pre-season game is not to showcase the starters!!!!! If this were week 1, I believe Smoot plays!! This is all precautionary so all you doubters can chill out and wait for the season opener, he'll be there.

ANother thing that is quite annoying about some of the guys on here is when Smoot talks trash almost everyone on here thinks that Smoot is the second coming of Jesus in our Defense and then when he gets a little hurt and misses a useless pre-season game people are calling him a wimp. Come on people, let's wait until after the first REGULAR season game to pass judgement.

Best quote ever by Daunte " I tell the guys that I feel like a Jedi Warrior, everything just slows down for me"

Cheers

Del Rio Guest

I know the guy is not a saving grace. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one saying he is a wimp. I am sure the majority of the fans agree with you that getting hurt over and over again in the preseason is not an indicator of his............hmm.

This is my only feelings on it. He get's hurt almost every year. He still plays. So as far as him missing games he might miss one if the injury isn't that bad. I remember watching that Smoot Video and thinking who taught this clown how to tackle. He was throwing his body around. I just don't think he is a physical player.

I'm glad he's here, I know he will be a much needed improvement on the defense.

He's not off to a very pretty start. Once the pads went on he missed almost every single practice. I imagine we will see just how goo dthe guy is pretty soon.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Smoot will be fine and get many int's this year. It's only preseason. He would play if it was reg. season. He will make a difference against the bucs.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

smoot and bennet must be drinking the same water...

i hope smoot is healthy for the regualr season!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

god i didnt even wanna read this post....man...i hope he can get healthy...otherwise....brian williams will not help our quest for the bowl:/

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

From Star Tribune:

Smoot, meanwhile, aggravated his sore right knee when he went from running on flat ground to the ascending berm behind one of the end zones during a red-zone drill in Monday's practice. He will return to practice

"He's fine, he could go today," Tice said. "I just don't think that it makes sense based on the amount of time those guys are going to get [Friday]. Why not just shut it down till Monday?"

No worry's. He'll be out there tearing it up against Tampa...

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    From Star Tribune:

Smoot, meanwhile, aggravated his sore right knee when he went from running on flat ground to the ascending berm behind one of the end zones during a red-zone drill in Monday's practice. He will return to practice

"He's fine, he could go today," Tice said. "I just don't think that it makes sense based on the amount of time those guys are going to get [Friday]. Why not just shut it down till Monday?"

No worry's. He'll be out there tearing it up against Tampa...
    Good to hear!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

We might just have to wait and see if he even shows up at the game, he might not really be hurt, just not able to go to the game and doesnt want to discuss why with the media.

A sore knee is nothing really, and I say, as long as he practices next week and is there for the opener, to hell with the preseason, it will be fine.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    man, i got bad feeling abou this guy.
    Calm down. Players always sit out exhibition games because they don't matter. Smoot isn't an injury to happen, but exhibition games are. In his career, Smoot has only missed one or two games, so I wouldn't worry about him. I am happier with him sitting out and then returning 100% in the regular season when it actually counts than aggravating whatever mild problem he has now. If Friday was a real game, I'd bet you Smoot Bennett and Moore would all be playing.
    Good point. Although I'm disappointed that he won't get a chance to play and get acquainted with the other DB's, when I remember what happened to Michael Vick, I wonder if it's really worth the risk.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast