Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Smoot 'hated' his time in Minnesota

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Yup, and right back at you Smoot!
    I was so stoked to finally sign some defensive help back then, and he gets the big pay day and never puts up, nor shuts up.

The other guy that beat him out was Brian Williams, two years in a row!!

And, yeah, I think McCauley and/or Edwards may have beat him out at nickel here too!

Although, I will agree with the point that the coaches never helped him out.
    Nobody covers Steve Smith one on one!
    200+ yds?!?!??
    WTF???
    Wake up coaching staff!
    I don't recall Smoot trash talking at all last season, did you? Please enlighten us with what he said, because sans a few words last preseason, Smoot wasn't talking trash. If I recall correctly, it was Sharper & Smith doing the trash talking.

While your at it, could you kindly explain how Brian Williams beat out Smoot 2 years in a row?

You see, I find that rather impossible, because Smoot was a Viking in 2005 & 2006 & Brian Williams was a Viking in 2002-2005.

So, since the only year they played together on the team was 2005, how is that possible?
    why are you apoligizing for smoot.
    he's a prick for even blaming anyone besides himself for poor play and you are giving him a pass by blaming cotrell.
    a game here or there, fine, but he still sucked, it's not like he exactly was awesome when cotrell wasn't misusing him.
    and if you recall correctly he got injured and then lost his starting job and couldnt get it back.
    you make it sound like the only reason he didn't start when he got back from the injury was becuz the injury which is totally inaccurate.
    not to mention the fact that brian williams wasn't getting lit up once he stepped.
    coincidence?

i think not.
    you dont have to have a long memory to remember that wr's made him look bad more than good by a long shot.
    Where do you come up with this shit? Where in my post that you quoted do I even mention Smoot's injury or Cotrell?

All I addressed in that post is your insistance that Smoot never shuts up & I pointed out he did not talk trash last year.

Then you talked about how Brian Williams beat him out of a starting job 2 years in a row. I addressed that by telling you Smoot & Williams were never even on the team together for 2 years. Smoot came here in for the 2005 & Williams left after that year, so again how did Williams beat him out of a job when he wasn't even a Viking in 2006?

Cedric Griffin was the one in 2006 that ended up taking over the starting role & I've seen him get beat also.

I'm in no way saying Smoot was great, just pointing out facts to you which you tend to ignore & throwing questions at, that you refuse to answer.

You reply by adding stuff in that I never even said in the post you are quoting.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

i dont know if he played bad because he was unhappy here but i know for a fact that after steve smith burned him for 200 yards he started playing about 5-10 yards in front of the reciever so all the underneath routes were open against him.PLus he cant tackle!(remember the buffalo touchdown play?)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    i dont know if he played bad because he was unhappy here but i know for a fact that after steve smith burned him for 200 yards he started playing about 5-10 yards in front of the reciever so all the underneath routes were open against him.PLus he cant tackle!(remember the buffalo touchdown play?)
    How many times do we have to go thru this? That was part of the zone coverage scheme.

When you saw Smoot 5-10 yards off the line, Winfield was 5-10 yards off the line.

When you saw Smoot closer to the line, Winfield was closer to the line. That's more man-to-man coverage than zone in that case. It didn't change much when they put Griffin in, you just didn't pay close enough attention to it.

I pointed it out to either SKOL or Caine at one of the games. When you are at the game sitting in the upper level, you get a lot better view of the field & where players are situated.
    You don't get that on TV.

From what I gathered from Del's great post on Zone coverage last year, you have a zone to cover. When a receiver leaves that zone & enters another, it is no longer that defenders responsibility & it becomes that zones defenders responsibility or that of the free safety.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

I was so stoked to finally sign some defensive help back then, and he gets the big pay day and never puts up, nor shuts up.

And, yeah, I think McCauley and/or Edwards may have beat him out at nickel here too!

200+ yds?!?!??
    WTF???
    Wake up coaching staff!
    I don't recall Smoot trash talking at all last season, did you? Please enlighten us with what he said, because sans a few words last preseason, Smoot wasn't talking trash. If I recall correctly, it was Sharper & Smith doing the trash talking.

While your at it, could you kindly explain how Brian Williams beat out Smoot 2 years in a row?

You see, I find that rather impossible, because Smoot was a Viking in 2005 & 2006 & Brian Williams was a Viking in 2002-2005.

So, since the only year they played together on the team was 2005, how is that possible?
    he's a prick for even blaming anyone besides himself for poor play and you are giving him a pass by blaming cotrell.
    a game here or there, fine, but he still sucked, it's not like he exactly was awesome when cotrell wasn't misusing him.
    and if you recall correctly he got injured and then lost his starting job and couldnt get it back.
    you make it sound like the only reason he didn't start when he got back from the injury was becuz the injury which is totally inaccurate.
    not to mention the fact that brian williams wasn't getting lit up once he stepped.
    coincidence?

i think not.
    you dont have to have a long memory to remember that wr's made him look bad more than good by a long shot.
    Where do you come up with this pooh? Where in my post that you quoted do I even mention Smoot's injury or Cotrell?

All I addressed in that post is your insistance that Smoot never shuts up & I pointed out he did not talk trash last year.

Then you talked about how Brian Williams beat him out of a starting job 2 years in a row. I addressed that by telling you Smoot & Williams were never even on the team together for 2 years. Smoot came here in for the 2005 & Williams left after that year, so again how did Williams beat him out of a job when he wasn't even a Viking in 2006?

Cedric Griffin was the one in 2006 that ended up taking over the starting role & I've seen him get beat also.

I'm in no way saying Smoot was great, just pointing out facts to you which you tend to ignore & throwing questions at, that you refuse to answer.

You reply by adding stuff in that I never even said in the post you are quoting.
    first off you just made stuff up that i never said.
    you brought up williams and cotrell in other post and that's what i was refering too.
    if you read my first post towards you, i know very well brian williams was not on the team last year and know very well that smoot was demoted both years.
    you are using the zone as an explaination for poor play and i'm refuting that by bringing up williams play after he replaced smoot.
    if that's pooh and lacks fact than i guess you got me.
    for someone who isnt saying smoot played well you are defending him an awful lot.

what have i said that is wron?
    he sucked and is now taking no responsiblity for that and instead is talking smack about the city.
    oh yah, that's defendable.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

200+ yds?!?!??
    WTF???
    Wake up coaching staff!

coincidence?

i think not.
    Where do you come up with this pooh? Where in my post that you quoted do I even mention Smoot's injury or Cotrell?

you brought up williams and cotrell in other post and that's what i was refering too.
    if you read my first post towards you, i know very well brian williams was not on the team last year and know very well that smoot was demoted both years.
    you are using the zone as an explaination for poor play and i'm refuting that by bringing up williams play after he replaced smoot.
    for someone who isnt saying smoot played well you are defending him an awful lot.

he sucked and is now taking no responsiblity for that and instead is talking smack about the city.

BBR you were doing so good for a while.
    Why did you mess it up again?
    Be careful Singer is a TV star now.

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"ejmat" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=mountainviking link=topic=36567.msg615927#msg615927 date=1186762943]

200+ yds?!?!??
    WTF???
    Wake up coaching staff!

coincidence?

i think not.

BBR you were doing so good for a while.
    Why did you mess it up again?
    Be careful Singer is a TV star now.
    [/quote]
    ha ha.
    i didn't do anything, all i said was that smoot talking trash about minny is shitty.
    and i think smoot has diluted himself into thinking he played poorly cuz of a city and that him asking the vikes to let him go was the reason he got cut as opposed to the vikings cutting dead weight.

i dont want no trouble with a media darling, they pull too much weight around here to mess with that.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

In a perfect world Smoot will never enter the State of Minnesota again.
    He will probably spend more time in the state of drunkenness.

minnesota is offline Rookie

boo! screw smoot! we should have booed him instead of doing the SMOOOOOOT thing.

he blows anyway :-*

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456