Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoot!!! grrrr

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Smoot!!! grrrr

"Acumen" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Absolutly right Del.

I kills me how many people are just itching to find something wrong with Smoot's play.
    Seriously, the guy can do no right for some fans.
    He played a solid game yesterday, yet we still have people trying to blame him for the lone Seachicken TD (or a play he wasn't even involved in).

:

All in all Smoot has has a decent year, and doesn't deserve all the flack he gets here.
    He is not the best CB in the world, or even on our team (I like Windfield better), but he plays a good game.
    p.s. It is Smoot's fault.
    lol.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    We were blitzing. In reality it was probably a LB that was supposed to be covering him. It was the perfect pass for that defense at the perfect time. Even if it was Smoot who was near him I wouldn't blame him, or Whitaker.
    I absolutely blame Whitaker.
    His first job in that kind of coverage is to put a lick on the WR at the snap.
    Disrupt his break.
    Instead, he let Jackson have a clean release to the middle which was all he needed.

It's Ced Griffen time, Ronyell.
    Thanks for playing.

=Z=
    It's hard to put a licking on a WR when your not on the line of scrimmage. Maybe Tomlin gives them the choice on how to line up, but I am guessing if he wants you on the LOS you are on the LOS.
    Thing is, Hasslebeck went to his audible, Whitaker ran over and right up to the line-of-scrimmage where Jackson was located and then whiffed on the snap, Jackson caught the 5-yard slant and it was off-to-the-races.

Whitaker was right on the line at the snap.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Whitaker needs to go to dime and Griffin needs to be the nickle, and the loss of Dovonte Edwards is hurting us!
    Having him as the nickle this year and Cedric as the dime would really helped out our DB's an then you could have had Whitaker for backup.
    Edwards only had a broken arm and was projected to be out from 6 to 8 weeks and I was surprised that they put him on IR instead of the PUP list, he might have been able to come back if he was close to being able to play by week 6.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Absolutly right Del.

I kills me how many people are just itching to find something wrong with Smoot's play.
    Seriously, the guy can do no right for some fans.
    He played a solid game yesterday, yet we still have people trying to blame him for the lone Seachicken TD (or a play he wasn't even involved in).

:

All in all Smoot has has a decent year, and doesn't deserve all the flack he gets here.
    He is not the best CB in the world, or even on our team (I like Windfield better), but he plays a good game.
    p.s. It is Smoot's fault.
    lol.
    p.s.
    If he is in uniform, it's his fault.
    The 11th commandment.

Come on guys! No hating on Smoot!
    :P

Lets just get ready for N.E. and keep celebrating this W we put on Qwest field yesterday.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Let's see........TJ can walk on water and Smoot is the blame for everyting wrong the team does.
    Classic!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"grpape" wrote:
    Let's see........TJ can walk on water and Smoot is the blame for everyting wrong the team does.
    Classic!

Not only "Classic" ... but the "Preach it from the Puplit every hot, steamy Sunday in June hanging out in the dirty south" truth !!!

If it went wrong, #21 can't be far behind ......

;D

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    We were blitzing. In reality it was probably a LB that was supposed to be covering him. It was the perfect pass for that defense at the perfect time. Even if it was Smoot who was near him I wouldn't blame him, or Whitaker.
    Disrupt his break.
    Instead, he let Jackson have a clean release to the middle which was all he needed.

Thanks for playing.

=Z=
    It's hard to put a licking on a WR when your not on the line of scrimmage. Maybe Tomlin gives them the choice on how to line up, but I am guessing if he wants you on the LOS you are on the LOS.
    Thing is, Hasslebeck went to his audible, Whitaker ran over and right up to the line-of-scrimmage where Jackson was located and then whiffed on the snap, Jackson caught the 5-yard slant and it was off-to-the-races.

=Z=
    Even if he did move up to the LOS that doesn't excuse the lack of help over the top. A free release is one thing, the guy crossing a handful of defenders to get the pass then beat two safties is another.

It's zone defense, you can't pin it on one guy.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Disrupt his break.

Thanks for playing.

=Z=

=Z=
    Even if he did move up to the LOS that doesn't excuse the lack of help over the top. A free release is one thing, the guy crossing a handful of defenders to get the pass then beat two safties is another.

Thing is - it was an all-out blitz, as I recall.
    That would have left all 3 corners in single-coverage, with one of the safeties on the TE and the other (Dwight Smith, I think) helping out on the right side.

Whitaker did nothing to slow down Jackson - and I think that's a mistake.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Del Rio link=topic=27881.msg487780#msg487780 date=1161606913]
    Disrupt his break.

Thanks for playing.

=Z=

=Z=

Thing is - it was an all-out blitz, as I recall.
    That would have left all 3 corners in single-coverage, with one of the safeties on the TE and the other (Dwight Smith, I think) helping out on the right side.

Whitaker did nothing to slow down Jackson - and I think that's a mistake.

=Z=
    [/quote]

Watching the replay it looked like the strong side LB went and an outside LB went.

I guess at the very end of the day, when all is said and done in an Awzeus kind of way where the bottom line is all that matters I think Childress said it best:

Q: Is it safe to assume that we are going to see Cedric (Griffin) more instead of Ronyell (Whitaker)?
    A: Not safe. No

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast