Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Re: Smoot benched in lineup shakeup - Could be his last year as a Viking

"Braddock" wrote:
    You honestly think a couple games at the end of the season and the offseason will give him SOOOO much more experience if he sits. I'm saying the season is more than half over. I don't see the problem if he plays the last couple of games. I don't see how THAT much damage can be done, even if he does bad. Save him for the last game, I don't care but he needs to play. To experience the pace. He'll get lumps one way or another, but what's the difference between the end of this season or the beginning of next?
    Ok, well let me explain. Alot of QB's coming out of the draft almost always have issues with their technique (e.g. Footwork, Throwing motion) which is precisely what Jackson has issues with.

The problem there is when you throw a raw QB out to the dogs they all tend to lose focus on their development, then you get the stress and pressure of how your supposed to live up to expectation and you have to prepare a whole week for the next game, then you get a rough game on Sunday or Monday.

If that QB were to make some bad mistakes then it spells disaster not only does it hurt ones confidence, you have to take time out to study and try and correct it, in light of all that the focus on development won't be there and probably won't be the same afterwards.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    You honestly think a couple games at the end of the season and the offseason will give him SOOOO much more experience if he sits. I'm saying the season is more than half over. I don't see the problem if he plays the last couple of games. I don't see how THAT much damage can be done, even if he does bad. Save him for the last game, I don't care but he needs to play. To experience the pace. He'll get lumps one way or another, but what's the difference between the end of this season or the beginning of next?
    No one says he'll be playing next year either. He was a 2-3 year project coming out, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him next year either.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Well then what do we do next year? I say we trade BJ and Bollinger for Favre and see where we go
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    Well then what do we do next year? I say we trade BJ and Bollinger for Favre and see where we go
    Oh good gosh, lol.

I don't know what we do. There is still the speculation about Schaub of course, who is a free agent this year. Maybe Brad will start again? Beats me...but Jackson might not be ready. That's all up to Childress of course.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    Are you hoping for a 0-16 season?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Good to hear... I think that Fred Smoot was very much overrated before he came to the Vikings.. He was ok with the Redskins, but he had Champ Bailey, and some others bailing him out of trouble.. He hasn't done a dam thing since coming to Minnesota..

IMO, he is over paid, and over hyped.. He talks to much smack, and never backs it up.. I like the fact that Cedric Griffin is going to be our new starting CB opposite of Antoine Winfield.. He has better man to man coverage then Smoot, he is a better tackler then Smoot, and he hits harder then Smoot, plus he is a rookie with alot of playing time left in his career..

Also to respond to the Williamson
    ordeal, I like the fact that he is not going to be the center of attention anymore.. I just hope that the Vikes are bale to find a good trade partner for both Williamson, and Smoot during the offseason.. It is apparent that Williamson is not what the coaching staff wants, so finding something in return is very important for the former #7 pick in the draft..

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I do NOT want to trade Williamson. You think Baskett was a steal from us? Williamson will explode someday, and I hope he's with us when he does.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I think getting his lumps in now would be a good idea.
    Not all QBs are ready when they get to the pros.
    Look at Aikman.
    1-15 his first year.
    Won 3 superbowls soon thereafter.
    It takes a strong mind and team around you.
    No one can predict the future.
    However, if TJack and Carter are a part of the Vikings future then let them get out there and get some reps now.
    This season is over whether or not we make the playoffs.
    Let them get experience now so they can be more prepared for when it is there time (next year or the year after).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456