Williamson's snaps also likely to be reduced

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Smoot benched in lineup shakeup - Could be his last year as a Viking

Smoot haters rejoice!
    lol.
    Also, it is good to see that Williamson will supposedly be dropped down the receiving corps hierarchy...although he was still listed as the #1 last I checked.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Chad8970 is offline Rookie

It's about time something is done.
    Smoot has been terrible.
    You know your WR's are bad when a guy they just picked up (Bethel Johnson) is outplaying everyone else.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Doesn't break my heart to see Smoot sit!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Purple Herring is offline Training Camp

These moves are a positive sign that things might actually get better.

From what I'vve seen of Griffin this season, I think he can be a good player. There certainly is a case of playing him in place of Smoot, who hasn't always lived up to his reputation.

I'll be very pleased if we start Marcus Robinson. I've never felt that he's been fully utilised at the Vikings, and I'm frankly a lot more optomistic about his ability to catch the ball than some of his team mates.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

It's good to see some shake ups finally.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Buh-bye Freddy.

Rejoice...rejoice...rejoice...

I'm sure as hell not going to lose any sleep over this one. My dislike of Smoot has nothing but grown since he's been on this team and personally, I really hope that he's gone after this season. It would be nice to recover some sort of pick or player via a trade if possible, but if not, oh well. I still feel bad for him regarding his half brother's death and all, but the NFL is still a business and this team will be better off without him IMO.

Regarding Williamson, to be honest it's in the teams best interest to demote him for the time being, but I really hope he bounces back strong next season because in the end it would be very disappointing if he turns out to be a bust (I do not consider him one just yet). I think it will serve him well to think things over during the offseason and try to recover any confidence that he can, because right now he doesn't seem to have very much at all.
    Even babies know the difference.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Buh-bye Freddy.

Rejoice...rejoice...rejoice...

I'm sure as hell not going to lose any sleep over this one. My dislike of Smoot has nothing but grown since he's been on this team and personally, I really hope that he's gone after this season. It would be nice to recover some sort of pick or player via a trade if possible, but if not, oh well. I still feel bad for him regarding his half brother's death and all, but the NFL is still a business and this team will be better off without him IMO.

Regarding Williamson, to be honest it's in the teams best interest to demote him for the time being, but I really hope he bounces back strong next season because in the end it would be very disappointing if he turns out to be a bust (I do not consider him one just yet). I think it will serve him well to think things over during the offseason and try to recover any confidence that he can, because right now he doesn't seem to have very much at all.
    Thats exactly what I've been thinking, there are a few teams who really need a CB, Cleveland, Buffalo, Miami, Colts, Saints, Giants, Jets, Eagles, Niners, Bucs, and Titans. So that got me thinking maybe if we sent something like a second rounder, Smoot(if they could restructure his contract) and maybe a later pick we could get a first rounder out of the deal.

Teams still know he's as talented of a cover corner as you can find, but just can not jam a WR at the line and really can't tackle, so if we can get a deal together with a team with a system that allows for soft corners, and is willing to give up their pick we could see ourselves with 2 first rounders again, and maybe some extra cap room.

And I was thinking, I'm gonna love this Griffin Winfield corner duo.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

We need this. Sometimes, regardless of what you're paying a guy, you have to sit him for a guy that is playing better. I think recently Griffin is playing much better than Smoot, and although Smoot has been better the last 3 or 4 games than he was earlier in the year (remember Buffalo? Ughh...) Griffin deserves a shot as the #2 guy.

As far as the future goes, I say get rid of ol' Smootie. I think at this point it's just better to unload his contract.

There's also no doubt that Robinson, Taylor and Bethel Johnson have been playing better than Troy. Moving troy down the depth chart will also probably give McMullen a chance to get more reps as well. I like these moves, and if nothing else it gives the message that failure won't be tolerated. IMO, they're a little late, but better late then never.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Smoot will be either cut or traded, he's going to take 3 million on the salarycap next year..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast