Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Smith Suspended for year

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I don't see why pot is such a huge deal to people. I bet 99% of the squad smokes or has smoked, as well as the league, the entire NBA and so forth. NBA players are high during the games. Its not like Onterrio was getting sick, going to rehab, spending all his money on it or letting it interfere with his play. Its just funny to hear the beaurocratic people in here serve as lapdogs of the law without question about a mild psychoactive plant.
    Farve was addicted to pain killers. No suspension.
    Beaurocratic people? Lapdogs? lol..gimmie me a break. Next you'll be calling Paul Tagliabue a Fascist.

This is not a debate about the evils of marijuana. IMO, whether people smoke weed or not is none of my business.

But, the NFL does have a drug policy. Like it or not, Onterrio did not follow the rules. He didn't follow the rules in the NFL. He didn't follow the rules in college. There are consequences for certain actions. He has had many many chances and now he must pay the penalty for breaking the rules.
    Even babies know the difference.

dn0774 is offline Waterboy

I guess Onterrio acquirred his fake dong one drug test too late.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"dn0774" wrote:
    I guess Onterrio acquirred his fake dong one drug test too late.

lol....guess so

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I don't see why pot is such a huge deal to people. I bet 99% of the squad smokes or has smoked, as well as the league, the entire NBA and so forth. NBA players are high during the games. Its not like Onterrio was getting sick, going to rehab, spending all his money on it or letting it interfere with his play. Its just funny to hear the beaurocratic people in here serve as lapdogs of the law without question about a mild psychoactive plant.
    Farve was addicted to pain killers. No suspension.
    Actually when it goes against League rules and leaves him open to suspension then it is interfering with his play. Yes Favre didn't get a suspension due to the league looking at it as a one time incident - that point can also be debated at length. However Smith has a history for this little indulgence of his and has been punished in the past for it - 4 game suspension last season and similar when he was at Tennessee too ?
    Personally I couldn't give a monkeys as to what he does in free time as long as it doesn't affect his ability to perform on the field. When he gets suspended then that does affect his ability to play and I would now expect to see his ties with the team cut, whether it be via trade - not likely - or if he is cut.

Thems the rules and if he doesn't like them then he's free to quit and find alternative employment - which may well be the case now.
    Am I disappointed ? yes as the guy undoubtedly has talent.
    Am I upset that he's out ? no at all, if he's broken the rules then he has to take the punishment with it.

I just hope that the new ownership make a stand on this issue, this is something that will indicate where they stand on matters such as team discipline.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

The point is not that he broke the rules. The point is that the rules are bullsh1t. Did you hear what Romo said about substances? He'd inject everything up until they'd get it on the forbidden list. This kind of stuff goes on, players use all kinds of performance enhancing crap. NFL steroid policy is just as much of a joke as the NBA one. But pot? God forbid someone smokes pot, which has absolutely no effect on your performance, by the way. All the puritan retards are up in arms. Enhancing your playing ability and ruining your health? Sure, fine with NFL. Why not, not like they care what happens to a player after he retires.

As for the whole distraction thing, by your standarts one half of the team is a distraction to the other. If you had it your way, KWill would be playing alone on D and Daunte would be running and throwing passes to himself on O. And oh yeah, thank god we got rid of the best reciever of all time, he was such a distraction.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Storm" wrote:
    The point is not that he broke the rules. The point is that the rules are bullsh1t. Did you hear what Romo said about substances? He'd inject everything up until they'd get it on the forbidden list. This kind of stuff goes on, players use all kinds of performance enhancing crap. NFL steroid policy is just as much of a joke as the NBA one. But pot? God forbid someone smokes pot, which has absolutely no effect on your performance, by the way. All the puritan retards are up in arms. Enhancing your playing ability and ruining your health? Sure, fine with NFL. Why not, not like they care what happens to a player after he retires.

As for the whole distraction thing, by your standarts one half of the team is a distraction to the other. If you had it your way, KWill would be playing alone on D and Daunte would be running and throwing passes to himself on O. And oh yeah, thank god we got rid of the best reciever of all time, he was such a distraction.
    The rules are only bull because you don't agree with them. Smith went into the league knowing exactly what the rules were and what's expected. The point is that he couldn't follow them and that is purely down to him. How many years did people watch the Olympic games knowing full well that a significant amount of eastern european athletes were using steroids etc but testing at that time then couldn't prove it. They managed to work within the rules then and they work within them now, if they don't then they'll get caught.
    In this case OS didn't have the savvy to play within the rules even though he knew he would be looked at more stringently through being on the NFL drug abuse program.

People are trying to turn this business into a public debate on whether weed should be legal or not and missing the point of all this, which is:
    Under NFL rules use of weed is illegal and testing will be done to detect people using it. People failing a test, or failing to attend a test, will be punished accordingly. Smith looks to have missed a test, he was on strike two and so looks like he will be on a years suspension.
    Bottom line - Smith was in violation of the rules of his employer and so has to suffer the consequences - period
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Pigskin Bigs Guest

He broke the rules, plain and simple. Rules that he and everyone else knew about. I believe in second chances, but four??? No. Bye Bye SOD.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

So, I heard The Whizzinator is "Guaranteed", so do the makers of the Whizzinator have to pay his salary this year?

Obviously not, since the Dumbass missed a drug test.
    I know this is not a marijuana debate, but, it is illegal and Onterrio went past "goldnseal" and Niacin to a dildo and pwdered urine in order to beat a drug test,

I would say he definitely has a problem!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

If you want to play in the NFL just obey the rules.. He knew what he was getting himself into, so he deserves that.. Smith is an idiot and im glad it happened.. Now its time for Bennett to shine..

6-KINGS Guest

[quote="DeathtoDenny"]I don't see why pot is such a huge deal to people.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast