VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Smith to get plenty of playing time

Before introducing running back Onterrio Smith at the gala, Tice said, "I promise you this guy will get 100 yards this weekend."

I found this quote on smith in the twin cities website. I am very happy to here this because i want to see him play and get plenty of carries. I was worried as to how much they are gonna play him but thats pretty much answered my question. Good news to here. He will get 100 yards if he gets enough carries, i believe he's just as good as bennett but bennett is just so exploseve but i'm not worried at all about our situation.

GO ONTERRIO!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

'Orlando' Smith may play week 2..., from Viking Update:

Smith Suspension Still In Limbo
    By Viking Update Staff
    Date: Sep 10, 2004

A ruling on the appeal of Onterrio Smith's four-game suspension was expected two weeks ago. But, as of now, it still hasn't come down.

When Onterrio Smith was grounded by the NFL for a failed drug test, it was anticipated he would miss the first four games -- since the original announcement came early during training camp.

But, not only will Smith be playing Sunday, he has a 50-50 chance or better of playing in Week 2 as well.

The NFL has yet to hear Smith's appeal and, if it isn't heard today, odds are it won't be heard until next week. Under league rules, if a player is to begin a suspension, he must be informed before Monday of the following game week.

So far, so good. Nobody has contacted the Vikings and he remains on the roster.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Its all good he will play sunday and hopefull next monday. If he can play while bennetts out and then bennett comes in when onterrio starts his drug suspension that would work out perfect.

Man I am soooooo pissed I did not put him on my starting roster for FFL :cry: :crybaby: :crybaby: .....ITS is ROTFLHAO at me ops: DAMMMMMMMMMM

But I hope he BUSTS it ALL the way LOOSE GET SOME BIG-O
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Does anyone know exactly what Smith's appeal is based on? Is he refuting the failed drug test or is it the length of the proposed suspension?
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

I'm actually a little bummed, I thought MM would get a chance to shine
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

canuckvike, not sure if they have to explain a reason, i think they can just appeal the whole thing to be reviewed again by the appeals board

"thepacksux" wrote:
    canuckvike, not sure if they have to explain a reason, i think they can just appeal the whole thing to be reviewed again by the appeals board
    I heard PA or DUBY saying that it has something to do with the timing of the NFL board and when they can meet next...the long and short is like they meet in the middle of the month or something and after they find out what they are going to do then the suspension IF instated will begin..

but one of them talks to low or away from the mic and I can't hear him very good. I've emailed the booth and ask them to speak up NO LUCK...

BIGDOG... MM will get his time, I am sure that MOE and co will need some down time...MM WILL SHINE I agree on that
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Agree with you both, Bigdog and Casper, I hope MM gets some carries. After watching him in that Seattle pregame (finally got DirectTV, and Tivo) I think he may even be better than our last 4th rounder, but we will see. At least we are ok til Bennett gets back. Glad O. Smith is there (even though I am STILL mad enough to not speak about that) for a game or two.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

SOD is awesome, i dont like that he got into this but i still think he is a phenomenal back who hasnt even come close to what his potential could allow him to, if he can just find a way to keep on the field