Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Slow sales could result in no TV for Vikings opener against Atlanta

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    I guess that is what happens when you have a team with no star power.
    Exactly.

For the last 2 years, we haven't had any star power on the offensive side of the ball. But hey, at least we've got Adrian Peterson now. If he eventually becomes what I think
    he will, we shouldn't have to worry about many "blackouts".
    well even based on what we've seen so far we should have people clamouring to see him. Anyway it's not about a star name, it's about the team playing well and doing the job that way.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Exactly.

For the last 2 years, we haven't had any star power on the offensive side of the ball. But hey, at least we've got Adrian Peterson now. If he eventually becomes what I think
    well even based on what we've seen so far we should have people clamouring to see him. Anyway it's not about a star name, it's about the team playing well and doing the job that way.
    I hear ya Anglo.
    Wins will bring out the fairweather fans, however, how do you account for the Dallas PRESEASON game being sold out.
    Are there that many Dallas fans in MN or the surrounding area?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Rattz is offline Rookie

Winning is the cure-all.
    They need to get off to a good start to get the butts back in the seats....otherwise blackouts are a given after the Packers game.
    The fans will be calling for Chilly's head if they don't improve from the 6-10 of last year.
    My prediction is 9-7 and an outside chance at a Wild Card game and AD gets ROY!

This team is on the right track, they are just very young on offense and TWill scares the sh*& out of me, I still don't think he tracks the deep ball well at all.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Exactly.

I hear ya Anglo.
    Wins will bring out the fairweather fans, however, how do you account for the Dallas PRESEASON game being sold out.
    maybe it's that good old tradition of hating on the Cowboys .... always draws out the crowds ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Exactly.

I hear ya Anglo.
    I know for the first pre-season game, there were tons of people at that game who were not regular ticket-holders.
    I would assume the same for this game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Exactly.

I hear ya Anglo.
    Aren't there some rules that if you buy a ticket to the Monday Night game you have to buy one to the preseason too. Same with the Packer game. I'm not sure on the details but I bet that is part of it.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

get on it vikings fans. we need to keep that sell out streak alive
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I guarantee this game will sell out, but if it does not I am glad I am going to the game. Even one didn't go to the game their would be tons of bars with Sunday ticket, you could just watch it there. They do not blackout on sunday ticket, right?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    I guarantee this game will sell out, but if it does not I am glad I am going to the game. Even one didn't go to the game their would be tons of bars with Sunday ticket, you could just watch it there. They do not blackout on sunday ticket, right?
    Yes, they blackout Sunday Ticket within the restricted zone.

A Vikings blackout would have a substantial impact on the Minnesota fan base, which even in bad times has traditionally given local broadcasters large ratings. Last year, the Vikings finished 6-10 but still averaged a 30.2 rating and a 59 share in the Twin Cities, 10th-best in the NFL.

The Falcons game is scheduled to be televised on local Fox affiliate KMSP (Ch. 9), but a blackout would force another game -- probably Green Bay-Philadelphia -- to be aired in the Twin Cities as well as these secondary markets: Alexandria, Austin, Mankato, Redwood Falls, Rochester and Mason City, Iowa.

Blackout rules also apply to customers in those markets who have the NFL Ticket package on DirecTV.

Minnesotans wishing to view a blacked-out Vikings game must travel to a non-local market. Because the Vikings-Falcons game is scheduled to be shown to only 9 percent of the country, a blackout would limit the in-state broadcast to markets with independent Fox stations, such as Duluth.

The game also could be viewed on satellite dishes outside of the Vikings' primary and secondary markets.

"We don't want it to come to that," Bagley said. "We have a great fan base. We want them to know the issue and we want them to show up."
    So - no, it won't be available in bars in the TC area.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Yes, they blackout Sunday Ticket within the restricted zone.

A Vikings blackout would have a substantial impact on the Minnesota fan base, which even in bad times has traditionally given local broadcasters large ratings. Last year, the Vikings finished 6-10 but still averaged a 30.2 rating and a 59 share in the Twin Cities, 10th-best in the NFL.

The Falcons game is scheduled to be televised on local Fox affiliate KMSP (Ch. 9), but a blackout would force another game -- probably Green Bay-Philadelphia -- to be aired in the Twin Cities as well as these secondary markets: Alexandria, Austin, Mankato, Redwood Falls, Rochester and Mason City, Iowa.

Blackout rules also apply to customers in those markets who have the NFL Ticket package on DirecTV.

Minnesotans wishing to view a blacked-out Vikings game must travel to a non-local market. Because the Vikings-Falcons game is scheduled to be shown to only 9 percent of the country, a blackout would limit the in-state broadcast to markets with independent Fox stations, such as Duluth.

The game also could be viewed on satellite dishes outside of the Vikings' primary and secondary markets.

"We don't want it to come to that," Bagley said. "We have a great fan base. We want them to know the issue and we want them to show up."
    So - no, it won't be available in bars in the TC area.

=Z=
    WOW! This is probably the first and last time I am going to say this. Thank god I live in Wisconsin.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast