Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:The sky is falling!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Holy cow folks. Why is everyone going off the deepend around here of late?

My observations, for what they are worth......

The Offensive coaches clearly wanted to work on two things.......1) Screens, and 2) Naked Bootlegs.

After the 49r's defense figured that out, it made it easy for them to exploit it.
    Did our QB's look silly with all the blown blocking assignments? Sure, however, in the end, the coaches got alot of tape on our OL, QB's, RB's and WR's trying to execute those types of plays.

The Defensive coaches were doing alot or experiments with K-dub playing the 0 Tech with JK and Guion getting alot of reps at the 3 Tech.

Again, lots of tape on those guys doing it. Maybe they can take that tape and help them figure out how to collapse a pocket when we have that package on the field.
    (On a side note, I for one hope they don't use that package much )

Long story short, as a few have said, its preseason. The staff is looking at stuff. Surely you guys/gals don't think everything is in place and ready to click do you?
    Oh but I thought JK could not play the 3 Tech? LOL

Good point on the tape though.
    Show me were I said JK couldn't play the 3. He can, even though he wants to play LDE. What he can't play is a 1 gap 0 Tech. My guess, the coaches know it to, thats why they had K-dub in Phat Pats spot almost all game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    Holy cow folks. Why is everyone going off the deepend around here of late?

My observations, for what they are worth......

The Offensive coaches clearly wanted to work on two things.......1) Screens, and 2) Naked Bootlegs.

After the 49r's defense figured that out, it made it easy for them to exploit it.
    Did our QB's look silly with all the blown blocking assignments? Sure, however, in the end, the coaches got alot of tape on our OL, QB's, RB's and WR's trying to execute those types of plays.

The Defensive coaches were doing alot or experiments with K-dub playing the 0 Tech with JK and Guion getting alot of reps at the 3 Tech.

Again, lots of tape on those guys doing it. Maybe they can take that tape and help them figure out how to collapse a pocket when we have that package on the field.
    (On a side note, I for one hope they don't use that package much )

Long story short, as a few have said, its preseason. The staff is looking at stuff. Surely you guys/gals don't think everything is in place and ready to click do you?
    Seriously, I think that if the first team does not look like a tightly running machine for the few plays they are required to suffer through in the preseason, something is definitely wrong. Just sayin.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Dallas is offline Waterboy

Re: The sky is falling!

ultravikingfan wrote:
    2 words....It's fricken pre-season!!!!!!
    Darn right it is Pre-season, thats where the Browns, Jaguars, Cardinals and Lions all win their respective SuperBowl births on a yearly basis.......
    None

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Dallas wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    2 words....It's fricken pre-season!!!!!!
    Darn right it is Pre-season, thats where the Browns, Jaguars, Cardinals and Lions all win their respective SuperBowl births on a yearly basis.......
    LMAO!!!

The Sky isnt falling, Its PreSeason! Here is my take thus far:

The only game to really watch in the preseason is game 3. This is the first time coaches will actually make a team specific gameplan. All games prior are talent evaluations, and getting game looks at formations etc.

I think that saying the OLine has struggled, is obvious. I am really frustrated watching this group underachieve. AD will have to pick up the 3rd down blitzes etc quickly. We didnt have all our playmakers in there nor did we game plan to the 9ers, so im not that worried.

The DLine has gotten good push and pressure. The secondary is sitting in a base d, I dont put to much stock in how SF exploited the middle of the field. Chris Cook looks like a stud and will be a big help, on special teams and D! EJ is amazing, his intensity can be felt just watching his play,I just wonder if he is fully recovered. He is such a leader on the defense I hope he can get all the way back to his old form. Jasper Brinkley seems to be progressing well and hopefully we see that continue.

NO reason to fret, but there are a lot of areas that need improvement.SKOL

swardsooner is offline Rookie

I cease to be amazed at the Farveruh haters on here. Darrell Royal was a great player at OU but that didn't stop Texas from hiring him to become a legendary coach for their program. Heck, even Mack Brown was on the OU staff at one time. These are true rivals on the gridiron, just win baby. And stop being whiney ****'s.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

El Vikingo wrote:
    triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Welcome to your first pre-season on PP.O traveling dude.

You'll always see much more criticism than positives. People expect our purple brothers to be without equal and anything less than that is well, unacceptable. It was a meaningless pre-season game that is nothing but a glorified scrimmage, but we are hungry fans for a spectacular season and any cause for concern needs to be blown out of proportion.

Favre got hit...oh no, there goes the season. AD missed a block...cut his worthless ass. TJ couldn't lead the team to a TD...we're doomed when Favre is done or gets hurt. Our OL still can't block worth a shit...ok, this concern is real.

Pre-season is mostly a showcase for guys trying to make the roster, while giving the starters a little faster pace to get them ready for season opener. Grade the guys trying to make the team or starting spot, but don't put much emphasis on the guys who have locked up their roster spots.

The greatest level of play you will ever see in pre-season is aobut 50% of what you see on a regular season game. Although San Fran under Singletary seem a little more intense than the average pre-season team. Part of that is Singletary, but I think another part of that is that they are a young team coming into their identity as a hard nosed football team and Singletary wants to instill that character in them early. This will be a competitive team this year, that no one should overlook.
    haha, speaking of Singletary and what he expects from his guys, they showed him telling the return guy that if he didn't think he could catch every ball then he needed to tell him now and he would wait until he could. He muffed the catch, but was able to recover it. I'm sure that he got his butt chewed on the sidelines... then the poor guy after remembering to catch everything, waived for a fair catch at the 3.
    Btw,You should change that "by default avatar" you got.

Just an idea....

Or back to the animated one I made!

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

God whats wrong with some of you guys? Favre is a Viking now, his second year here. Please go be a fan of another NFL team and leave this site ok?

The only really serious issue I see with the Vikes is the Oline. There is no passion there. I do think Shank will have a great season. But the rest of the Oline sucks. And AD better learn to block.

VikingGlen is offline Waterboy

slavinator wrote:
    NO reason to fret, but there are a lot of areas that need improvement.SKOL
    I'm not at all thrilled about starting the season in New Orleans, especially with Rice out and Harvin questionable at best.

Our offensive coaching staff needs to look at the last 4 games Cleveland played last year and closely study their run offense. In one of the games the Browns ran their two minute drill, all run plays, marched the length of the field and scored a touchdown. I've never seen anything like it. The Browns had no pass offense. Everyone knew they were going to run, but they still won their last 4 games.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345