Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
  1. #11
    VikingGlen is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19

    Re:The sky is falling!

    Generally speaking during preseason teams don't scheme for their opponent (except Detroit and Green Bay). The purpose of preseason is to allow the coaches to analyze the talent (not to win the games), for the purpose of seeing who is going to fit where on the roster, who will be put on the practice squad, and who gets their walking papers.

    Everyone wants to win, but at this point in the season it's much more important that the coaching staff focus on analyzing individual players than that they spend their time trying to create a game plan to win a game that has absolutely no bearing on the season.

  2. #12
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:The sky is falling!

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    There weren't a lot of positives to take away from this game.
    There were lots of positives...but it is no fun talking about those.

  3. #13
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,567

    Re: The sky is falling!

    marstc09 wrote:
    skum wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    People are just mad they didn't have enough time to jerk off to Favre. And he got hit. People do not like their old man getting hit.
    I kinda enjoyed it
    I enjoyed all the segments on Favre.
    I bet you went to work today with sticky pants

  4. #14
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: The sky is falling!

    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    skum wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    People are just mad they didn't have enough time to jerk off to Favre. And he got hit. People do not like their old man getting hit.
    I kinda enjoyed it
    I enjoyed all the segments on Favre.
    I bet you went to work today with sticky pants
    I haven't taken a shower since we first made love.

  5. #15
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: The sky is falling!

    Welcome to your first pre-season on PP.O traveling dude.

    You'll always see much more criticism than positives. People expect our purple brothers to be without equal and anything less than that is well, unacceptable. It was a meaningless pre-season game that is nothing but a glorified scrimmage, but we are hungry fans for a spectacular season and any cause for concern needs to be blown out of proportion.

    Favre got hit...oh no, there goes the season. AD missed a block...cut his worthless ass. TJ couldn't lead the team to a TD...we're doomed when Favre is done or gets hurt. Our OL still can't block worth a shit...ok, this concern is real.

    Pre-season is mostly a showcase for guys trying to make the roster, while giving the starters a little faster pace to get them ready for season opener. Grade the guys trying to make the team or starting spot, but don't put much emphasis on the guys who have locked up their roster spots.

    The greatest level of play you will ever see in pre-season is aobut 50% of what you see on a regular season game. Although San Fran under Singletary seem a little more intense than the average pre-season team. Part of that is Singletary, but I think another part of that is that they are a young team coming into their identity as a hard nosed football team and Singletary wants to instill that character in them early. This will be a competitive team this year, that no one should overlook.

  6. #16
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,603

    Re: The sky is falling!

    tastywaves wrote:
    Welcome to your first pre-season on PP.O traveling dude.

    You'll always see much more criticism than positives. People expect our purple brothers to be without equal and anything less than that is well, unacceptable. It was a meaningless pre-season game that is nothing but a glorified scrimmage, but we are hungry fans for a spectacular season and any cause for concern needs to be blown out of proportion.

    Favre got hit...oh no, there goes the season. AD missed a block...cut his worthless ass. TJ couldn't lead the team to a TD...we're doomed when Favre is done or gets hurt. Our OL still can't block worth a shit...ok, this concern is real.

    Pre-season is mostly a showcase for guys trying to make the roster, while giving the starters a little faster pace to get them ready for season opener. Grade the guys trying to make the team or starting spot, but don't put much emphasis on the guys who have locked up their roster spots.

    The greatest level of play you will ever see in pre-season is aobut 50% of what you see on a regular season game. Although San Fran under Singletary seem a little more intense than the average pre-season team. Part of that is Singletary, but I think another part of that is that they are a young team coming into their identity as a hard nosed football team and Singletary wants to instill that character in them early. This will be a competitive team this year, that no one should overlook.
    haha, speaking of Singletary and what he expects from his guys, they showed him telling the return guy that if he didn't think he could catch every ball then he needed to tell him now and he would wait until he could. He muffed the catch, but was able to recover it. I'm sure that he got his butt chewed on the sidelines... then the poor guy after remembering to catch everything, waived for a fair catch at the 3.

  7. #17
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re:The sky is falling!

    I joined tha live chat but I left soon ,mainly cause the pathethic criticism of some guys who looked like they were whishing the Vikes to make a mistake to be able to talk dirt about our team.Really annoying and sad.

    Itīs the pre-season and I donīt give a shit about it,all in all I wanna see more of Lorenzo Favre next game.

    Go Vikes!
    El underdog.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re:The sky is falling!

    For what it is worth......I could care a less about the final score in preseason games. They are practice games with no meaning other then seeing how players perform in "game type" situations.

    I don’t get upset by fans negative comments.... I actually find most of them amusing..... example, TJ's performance was disappointing..... Soooooooo TJ playing behind a makeshift line of 300+lbs guys that may or may not make the team, with running backs that may or may not make the team picking up blitz's, throwing to guys that may or may not make the team gives a true sense of his progress as a QB?

    This team is going to be good again this year. Can they do what they did last year....yes. Will they? Who knows.
    I'm looking forward to another great year!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  9. #19
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: The sky is falling!

    triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Welcome to your first pre-season on PP.O traveling dude.

    You'll always see much more criticism than positives. People expect our purple brothers to be without equal and anything less than that is well, unacceptable. It was a meaningless pre-season game that is nothing but a glorified scrimmage, but we are hungry fans for a spectacular season and any cause for concern needs to be blown out of proportion.

    Favre got hit...oh no, there goes the season. AD missed a block...cut his worthless ass. TJ couldn't lead the team to a TD...we're doomed when Favre is done or gets hurt. Our OL still can't block worth a shit...ok, this concern is real.

    Pre-season is mostly a showcase for guys trying to make the roster, while giving the starters a little faster pace to get them ready for season opener. Grade the guys trying to make the team or starting spot, but don't put much emphasis on the guys who have locked up their roster spots.

    The greatest level of play you will ever see in pre-season is aobut 50% of what you see on a regular season game. Although San Fran under Singletary seem a little more intense than the average pre-season team. Part of that is Singletary, but I think another part of that is that they are a young team coming into their identity as a hard nosed football team and Singletary wants to instill that character in them early. This will be a competitive team this year, that no one should overlook.
    haha, speaking of Singletary and what he expects from his guys, they showed him telling the return guy that if he didn't think he could catch every ball then he needed to tell him now and he would wait until he could. He muffed the catch, but was able to recover it. I'm sure that he got his butt chewed on the sidelines... then the poor guy after remembering to catch everything, waived for a fair catch at the 3.
    Btw,You should change that "by default avatar" you got.

    Just an idea....

    [
    El underdog.

  10. #20
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: The sky is falling!

    marstc09 wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    skum wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    People are just mad they didn't have enough time to jerk off to Favre. And he got hit. People do not like their old man getting hit.
    I kinda enjoyed it
    I enjoyed all the segments on Favre.
    I bet you went to work today with sticky pants
    I haven't taken a shower since we first made love.
    Umm.. Gross. How bad does it get during the season?
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre keeps playing, and the records keep falling
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 01:59 PM
  2. Falling Man
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
  3. The Sky is Falling...
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 02:54 PM
  4. Chances of AJ Hawk Falling...?
    By PurpleManiac in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 07:43 PM
  5. Keep the wheels from falling off
    By speedy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 04:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •