Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith declare McCoy "best RB in football"

Just heard on ESPN first take. Not even a single person stood up for AP on the entire panel. Here we go again. Every year, it's somebody. Why doesn't AP get the respect he deserves? LeSean McCoy now!? Seriously? Put 8 in the box against McCoy, and he gets shut down worse than Chris Johnson. It's not rocket science. Any fast back could run behind a Howard Mudd offensive line, on a team QB'd by arguably the best athlete in football history. Not saying that McCoy isn't a good back having a good year, but this is getting ridiculous. We've heard it for 3 years with Chris Johnson, and now it starts with McCoy. How is this even an argument?

/rant

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Just heard on ESPN first take. Not even a single person stood up for AP on the entire panel. Here we go again. Every year, it's somebody. Why doesn't AP get the respect he deserves? LeSean McCoy now!? Seriously? Put 8 in the box against McCoy, and he gets shut down worse than Chris Johnson. It's not rocket science. Any fast back could run behind a Howard Mudd offensive line, on a team QB'd by arguably the best athlete in football history. Not saying that McCoy isn't a good back having a good year, but this is getting ridiculous. We've heard it for 3 years with Chris Johnson, and now it starts with McCoy. How is this even an argument?

/rant
    well anything involving Skip Bayless is always worth disregarding as his words are always muffled due to his head being stuck up his arse.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Okay, well I take back my remarks about Stephen A. They went in-depth on the topic, and Stephen A went to bat for AP. It turned into an AP discussion, so at least he got his respect. I'm shocked with Skip, considering he is such an Oklahoma homer. His argument is that LeSean McCoy is just fresher than AP. I agree that McCoy looks great, but he is saying this like AP has lost a step. It's just not the case. It's never said that he has faced 8 in the box on 95% of plays, for the last 3 seasons, and STILL averages more yards per carry than Chris Johnson and LeSean McCoy in their careers. AP is the best, and a future hall of famer. Nobody talked like this when LT was on top of the RB world. When will he finally get the respect he deserves?

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Yah this is retarded. Every year it's AP vs Someone. Then the next years it's someone else vs AP. Put Lesean on our team where we have virtually no WRs that people respect and he'll be shut down. APs been beating 8-9 in the box his whole career.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    His job is to generate traffic and get people talking. Looks like he did his job even if it makes him look like a douche.

This just in!

I declare Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are both imbeciles. Both these knuckleheads in a Chrysler imperial couldn't stop an AP stiff arm. End of story.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Who cares what the Heads think? We know better, and that is all that matters.

Although i would keep an eye on Arian Foster...

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    It's never said that he has faced 8 in the box on 95% of plays, for the last 3 seasons, and STILL averages more yards per carry than Chris Johnson and LeSean McCoy in their careers.
    I guess this is why it's never said.........

Chris Johnson career avg: 5.0YPC
    LeSean McCoy career avg: 4.7YPC
    AD (Last 3 years): 4.6YPC

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

pro1ml is offline Training Camp
    He's getting some love from Florio at least.

Peterson faces most eight man fronts in league

Adrian Petersonís season has once again slipped under the radar because he plays on a lousy team.

Heís the league leader in rushes, rushing yards, and rushing touchdowns, which is all the more impressive because teams know whatís coming when they face the Vikings.

Mike Sando of ESPN.com reports that no running back faces more eight-man fronts than Peterson. He has 59 runs against eight-man fronts, for 217 yards and four touchdowns.

If you donít add an extra defender against Peterson, he will wreck you. (Jon Gruden voice.) Peterson averages 5.37 yards-per-carry when the opposition doesnít stack the box against him.

Sando notes that Frank Gore ranks second in the league in facing eight-man fronts. Thatís a sign that opponents still donít respect San Franciscoís passing game much.

These stats help show what Iíve thought the last two years: Peterson is playing some of the best football of his career, but this Vikings team is holding him back.

It would be a shame if they waste the prime of an all-time greatís career.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    McCoy and Peterson are both top-notch running backs. Just glad we have one of them.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast