Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sizing up free agents acquired by the Vikings

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39986.msg679189#msg679189
    Well, when you put it that way, those two have made impace play after impact play. We need to throw more to them, because they have had amazing seasons up to this point.

Realistically, we choose to run because we have don't have a strong passing attack. And for the record, saying they had a "yawn" game is the truth.
    You do a pretty good job of manipluating things.
    Nobody said they made "impact by after play."
    You come out and dog them for having a "yawn" game and how you cannot see how anybody should be happy with their performance.
    I am saying the ball was only caught 10 times.
    How many chances were they given to have "impact plays?"
    Seems to me that when the ball came their way they did what they needed to do.

But, we should not be happy with that.
    Right.

:
    First of all, I didn't "dog" them at all. I said they had a quiet game, which they did, and that an improvement to the receiving corps might help more than a new QB would. How is that dogging them?

In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players.

TJ's hesitation in the pocket may just be because our WRs and TEs aint getting open. It's just a guess, not a dog. Realistically, we should not be happy when our new star WR and TE, as they were touted when first signed, combine for 3 catches.

"I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.
    Well, when you put it that way, those two have made impace play after impact play. We need to throw more to them, because they have had amazing seasons up to this point.

Realistically, we choose to run because we have don't have a strong passing attack. And for the record, saying they had a "yawn" game is the truth.
    You come out and dog them for having a "yawn" game and how you cannot see how anybody should be happy with their performance.

Right.

:
    First of all, I didn't "dog" them at all. I said they had a quiet game, which they did, and that an improvement to the receiving corps might help more than a new QB would. How is that dogging them?

In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players.

TJ's hesitation in the pocket may just be because our WRs and TEs aint getting open. It's just a guess, not a dog. Realistically, we should not be happy when our new star WR and TE, as they were touted when first signed, combine for 3 catches.
    When you start out you paragraph on the 2:

I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances.
    That sounds like you are dogging them.
    Just like TJ , they did their job today and we won...period.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

wade caught a low thrown 3rd down slant after being jammed by a corner.. that seems good to me. and shiancoe caught the pass thrown his way today..

i do think that last year's FA aquisitions were a bit more productive quicker.. i.e. chester taylor, and ben leber jump out to me.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=39971.msg679295#msg679295 date=1196036875]

Right.

:

[/quote]

Its as if you only read the first paragraph, or chose to ignore the rest.

"In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players."

As far as today goes, we can talk about that in the other thread.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Right.

:

Star WR? We signed Bobby Wade to be a slot WR but we're using him like a #1 cause Childress won't consistently use Troy and Sidney our most exposive WR's.

Shancoe has done just fine if you ask me and they also took a TD away from him that Mewelde Moore threw to him. Its not like he's getting all the snaps and we are throwing the football 30 times a game. We are running the football and using Kliensasser and Jeff Dugan. Shancoes opportunities are limited but when he does get the football he does good things. He may be a role player now but if i'm correct Childress wants to grow Shancoe into this offense. This is his first year in the offense and his first year starting. He's got an intensity about him witch makes me think he's got a good work ethic and he will show everyone why he was paid big dollars.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=39971.msg679299#msg679299 date=1196037089]
    [quote author=V link=topic=39971.msg679295#msg679295 date=1196036875]

Right.

:

[/quote]

"In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players."

[/quote]

Less than what "We" expected. I think we all invisioned him getting the snaps, instead we are using all our TE's and throwing the football about 16 or 17 times a game. I don't think its fair to expect more from Shancoe, i think he's doin exactly what the coaching staff is asking him to do.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Shancoe hasn't dropped a ball so he's cool with me

Also is an excellent blocker

Wade is doing what is asked of him

We didn't bring them in to be "stars" V.. We brought them in to help the team and produce.. And they have done just fine

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"V" wrote:

Why even bring that up after they did their jobs today?
    Who said they were even brought in as weopons?
    Why does a TE have to be defined as a weopon anyways?
    I am glad you brought-up the fact that they have been good blockers.
    TE's need to be good blockers and make catches when thrown to.
    Not everybody is a Shockey or Winslow.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    It was a very weak FA class.
    If anyone can't see that then they are either blind or 95.67% Insane.
    Kevin Curtis was one of the "premier" FA WRs in the offseason.
    While I do agree that he would have been an upgrade to our WR corp, he would have only been good - not great - in any other FA.
    It's funny that a lot of teams that had less money than we did FOUND A WAY to pick up talent with comparatively minimal losses.
    I seem to recall a certain league-leading receiver being acquired for a fourth round pick via trade.
    Now, what was his name again?
    Andy Something-or-other, I think it was...

(Let's not forget the biggest and most undeniable failure: the failure to pick up a more competent backup.
    We could have won a couple of those close games - especially the ones in which TJ was hurt - if we had done this).

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Too bad Moss wasn't gonna come back here so that is a moot point... And that wasn't free agency anyway

And for back ups in the F.A.. Well Garcia maybe but oh well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast