Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: SI's NFC Team on the Rise

we've said that how many years... if we ever do win the SB, you know the press will be behind us 100%, just like they are making love to the steelers, and were to the patriots. if we do good, we wont be the underdogs for a few more years... either you're loved caus you've won a SB, or you're hated. right now the media hates us, i mean with good reason too, we didn't even make playoffs last year. but the love will be coming soon. you all say you like being the underdogs, i don't.. i'd rather be the favorite, so that way my team is always getting coverage. i think that makes sense
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Anytime I read anything about the Vikings, especially in the offseason, I get more and more excited about the season. How can anyone not be excited about our running game this coming season?!?! After reading articles like these that finally recognize our strengths, I think a little bit of my frustrations turn into enthusiasm.

[size=18px]I WANT THE SEASON TO START!!!!!!![/size]

Sorry, had to let that out.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Potus2028" wrote:
    i'd rather be the favorite, so that way my team is always getting coverage. i think that makes sense
    Yeah, but we were one of the trendy favorites last season, and look where it got us.

When a favorite wins, it is simply the expected outcome. They do get love from the media, and tend to climb the power rankings, but nothing too spectacular. When a favorite loses, everyone comes down on them and talks about how they have fallen from grace.

When an underdog loses, it is the expected outcome again. No big news here. But when an underdog starts winning, and especially when one makes the playoffs, they become a Cinderella team, and that's when the real media love hits.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Displaced_Viking" wrote:
    Anytime I read anything about the Vikings, especially in the offseason, I get more and more excited about the season. How can anyone not be excited about our running game this coming season?!?! After reading articles like these that finally recognize our strengths, I think a little bit of my frustrations turn into enthusiasm.

[size=18px]I WANT THE SEASON TO START!!!!!!![/size]

Sorry, had to let that out.
    [size=18px]I WANT THE SEASON TO START TOO!!!!!!![/size]

Man, I am right there with you DV. I am so excited for the season to start this year that I can barely contain myself. I scheduled the closing date on the house we are building around the Viking's Home Opener this year. Obviously the home opener had priority... :grin:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Good to hear soneone has something positive to say.

Json is offline GM

I love posistive press. Keeps me optimistic.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Don Banks is correct in that the inmates have been running the assylum since the last few seasons of the Denny era.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Did i read that article right...someone favors the Vikes a lil...hmm the press these days...i hate sportscenter and stuff cause all they do is bash them to pieces

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I am just glad that someone is looking at something other than losing daunte and having a new coach. All these idiots in the press are just picking and choosing which off-season things they want and then ranting about how bad the VIkes will be. Although I can handle contructive criticism, blatant disregard of facts and logic, I can not handle.

Thanks Lotza!

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

Banks has taken a bold (and according to "mainstream" press unpopular)position.
    Why is it just because we have a new Head
    coach, O and D coordinators, no Moss, and no Culpepper, we are tagged with the "Also Ran" label? Any games been played yet? I'm ready to put my "bony ass" on the field.
    I love the fact that Zygi went hard after Brad (the press would've deemed him a "messiah" if he landed with Houston or New Orleans), who in turn brought in one of the brightest young minds on Defense. Every year I read this pablum and vilify the detractors while clinging to the words of the few journalists who throw us a little praise.
    IMO, we've got top 10% talent at most positions (regardless of what the "Talking Heads" say), and should make the PLAYOFFS.
    Soon...very soon we can find out who's right and who's full of $#it.
    Let the GAMES BEGIN!
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast