Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

SI's NFC Team on the Rise

Sports Illustrated had a favorable impression of the Vikings. It's nice to hear. I especially like the "biggest splash of the offseason" on the second page.

I did a search, but didn't come up with anything. I hope I'm not double posting this article from a different thread. I'm sorry, if I did... first time starting a topic.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: SI's NFC Team on the Rise

I like the article. I like to have some good and bad crtitcism going into the season that way the expectations are mixed

Thank you Josdin for the sig

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Good find d_v. Nice to see some positive press on the Vikes.

Also good to see possible malcontent with the Bears:

Regarding Nathan Vasher:
    He's set to earn just $425,000 in the third season of his four-year rookie deal. According to Vasher's agent, Mike Sullivan, 130 cornerbacks (about four per team) are in line to make more in '06.
    A contract is a contract, but, these dudes have limited life spans in the NFL and I wouldn't blame him for trying to get more.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

This is result when you have a writer who knows what the hell he is talking about. I'm tired of hearing "Minnesota is in a rebuilding mode and thier gonna suck and be below .500 blah blah blah" This team is far from being in a rebuilding mode..just like Childress said we're in a "re-tooling" mode.....anyways good article.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The most hopeful move the Vikings made in their busy offseason was hiring first-time defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, who will install the tried-and-true Cover 2 scheme that has worked so well in Tampa Bay, Chicago and other NFL venues. If Childress' run-oriented version of the West Coast offense clicks, with lead running back Chester Taylor carrying the mail and quarterback Brad Johnson smoothly delivering the ball all over the field, the Vikings could be a dangerous entity in the NFC playoff race.
    I like this quote from the article. While the local newspaper bemone the fact that Tomlin has no experience and therefore will be a failure, SI sees something positive about his hire. I also like the fact that most of the defensive players are saying he's a great coach, too. Guess the Star/Tribune and the Pioneer Press know more than the players and SI.
    Good find!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

5 years Tomlin has been coaching the Bucs D-backs.Thier secondary has ranked in the top 5 the past 5 years.Tomlin was my favorite move this offseason.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

thank you god for don banks
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Yeah, nice to see the boys get some positive press for a change.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Pay no attention to . . .
    The Bears' "easiest schedule in the league' advantage. True, Chicago's 2006 opponents were 114-142 last season, for a winning percentage of just .445, but that will be deceiving in retrospect. Chicago faces no picnic in the season's first four weeks, opening at Green Bay -- where the Bears historically struggle -- before going to Minnesota in Week 3 and facing defending NFC champ Seattle in Week 4. Then there's that killer three-game November road trip to the East Coast: Back-to-back games against the Giants and the Jets, capped by a journey to New England. Down the stretch Chicago faces all three of its division opponents in the final five games and draws a visit from Tampa Bay and a trip to St. Louis.

Potential land mine
    The defense was the backbone of Chicago's return to the playoffs last season, and nobody's performance was more pleasantly surprising than cornerback Nathan Vasher, who made the Pro Bowl in his second season and turned in the play of the year with that 108-yard return of a missed 49ers field goal. But now Vasher has a contract beef, and you can't blame him. He's set to earn just $425,000 in the third season of his four-year rookie deal. According to Vasher's agent, Mike Sullivan, 130 cornerbacks (about four per team) are in line to make more in '06. When you factor in that both Bears linebacker Lance Briggs and running back Thomas Jones are also unhappy with their deals, there's a chance the discontent will carry over to the field.
    That's right! It isn't all easy for Da Bears. The Vikes will soon be back atop the division. We just need to get everybody else to realize it.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Finally some positive press! Although I don't being underestimated this year. We can just rub it in everyone's face when we make the playoffs this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast