Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sioux Falls, SD

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sioux Falls, SD

"nextvikingsstar" wrote:
    ARE you from sioux falls?

this year is the 9th year that rib fest has been put on, its a great time
    It seems longer than that. I know the Krro was a huge supporter of it back in the day. I could have sworn that is starter when I was in College from 90-94.

I will take your word on it cause you are there and I am not.

What year is the Jazzfest in?

yeah idk i just saw a commercial but i could be mistaken, i have no idea what year jazz fest is in but, its as im sure you know amazing, so many people comes its so much fun,

im a pearson too, and most my family is from the salem area, i was just wondering if theres any connection
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

"nextvikingsstar" wrote:
    yeah idk i just saw a commercial but i could be mistaken, i have no idea what year jazz fest is in but, its as im sure you know amazing, so many people comes its so much fun,

im a pearson too, and most my family is from the salem area, i was just wondering if theres any connection
    Crazy!

I think my Pearson relatives were from the Lake Preston area (and Flandreau) and before that, Nebraska???

oh yeah idk im 19 my grandpa is daryl paerson......i doubt theres any relation but its still pretty crazy, kinda cool
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

"nextvikingsstar" wrote:
    oh yeah idk im 19 my grandpa is daryl paerson......i doubt theres any relation but its still pretty crazy, kinda cool
    Cool, but not related! We almost had a reunion on PPO....

Later

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"jdvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm sorry. You will have to wait until they get electricity in Sioux Falls, unless you have some battery packs and a dish you can use.
    :razz:

We gots lacktricity and indure plumin...don't be hatin...big city feller :wink:
    :lol:

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

boognish is offline Coordinator

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    Yeah, it's been about 10 years since I was last there. No rib or jazz fests back then. I'll have to make a trek back there one of these days. I hope you guys had nice weather over Memorial Day weekend; it's been raining here non-stop :sad: .
    The Rib Fest has been on longer than 10 years. I am pretty sure it started in the early 90's. I think the Jazz Fest is also early 90's. Must have been about 14-15 years, right after you left.
    Right on... the few times I did come back in the early 90's was just to visit my parents at X-mas...I'd like to come back for a week or two to look up some old friends and experience what Sioux Falls has to offer nowadays. I went to Augustana College for a year before I transferred out west; pretty nice for a small campus, but damned expensive.

My buddy Martin used to sing in a local band called "Janitor Bob and the Armchair Cowboys"; any of you ever hear of them, and are they still getting together to play?

P.S. I just looked up Sioux Falls on "Google Earth" and it looks like it has grown and eaten up towns like Brandon and Harrisburg. I found my old house on the satellite image though...pretty cool.
    I am a dipshit!!!

"boognish" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    Yeah, it's been about 10 years since I was last there. No rib or jazz fests back then. I'll have to make a trek back there one of these days. I hope you guys had nice weather over Memorial Day weekend; it's been raining here non-stop :sad: .
    The Rib Fest has been on longer than 10 years. I am pretty sure it started in the early 90's. I think the Jazz Fest is also early 90's. Must have been about 14-15 years, right after you left.
    Right on... the few times I did come back in the early 90's was just to visit my parents at X-mas...I'd like to come back for a week or two to look up some old friends and experience what Sioux Falls has to offer nowadays. I went to Augustana College for a year before I transferred out west; pretty nice for a small campus, but damned expensive.

My buddy Martin used to sing in a local band called "Janitor Bob and the Armchair Cowboys"; any of you ever hear of them, and are they still getting together to play?

P.S. I just looked up Sioux Falls on "Google Earth" and it looks like it has grown and eaten up towns like Brandon and Harrisburg. I found my old house on the satellite image though...pretty cool.
    I seen Janitor Bob a few times here and there, cool.

I also went to Augie 90-94.

What bars do you frequent when home?

Ya, I was wrong about the 14-15 yr thing as nextvikingstar pointed out.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:

I seen Janitor Bob a few times here and there, cool.

I also went to Augie 90-94.

What bars do you frequent when home?

Ya, I was wrong about the 14-15 yr thing as nextvikingstar pointed out.
    I can't say I hit the bar scene much while I was there. For the most part, it was pretty lame back then; I'm sure things have changed quite a bit since I was last there though.

When I did go out, it was usually just over to Phil's Pub to shoot some stick
    with my buddies and maybe catch a local band. Not sure if that place even exists any more, but it was a pretty cool, mellow hangout...definitely not "trendy" though .
    I am a dipshit!!!

There are a few places that have held true to form through the years, but it seemed like a lot of places came and went. In the last 5 years, I have only been back like 3 times. And that was probably under similar conditions as yourself, around the holidays on a quick trip through the city.

Crow
    Gateway
    Scarlet's (not that often, birthdays and such :wink: )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast