Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sioux Falls, SD

Prophet Guest

Re: Sioux Falls, SD

I'm sorry. You will have to wait until they get electricity in Sioux Falls, unless you have some battery packs and a dish you can use.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'm sorry. You will have to wait until they get electricity in Sioux Falls, unless you have some battery packs and a dish you can use.
    :razz:

We gots lacktricity and indure plumin...don't be hatin...big city feller :wink:

wow easy on sioux falls folks, were a good place to grow up in, and one of the fastest growing cities in america, and besides the twin city area sioux falls is the next largest home to vikes fans
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

boognish is offline Coordinator

"nextvikingsstar" wrote:
    wow easy on sioux falls folks, were a good place to grow up in, and one of the fastest growing cities in america, and besides the twin city area sioux falls is the next largest home to vikes fans
    Damn, there are a lot of people here from Sioux Falls. I graduated from the old Washington High building in 1991. My folks still live there, but I haven't been back for years; they prefer flying out to Idaho to visit me.

I'll bet it has changed a lot over the years there. What is life in Sioux Falls like now? Do they still have Ernie November's (the cool local record store, back in the day)? I have fond memories of that city, although I don't see myself ever moving back east; I'm hooked on the Northwest now.
    I am a dipshit!!!

oh yeah its a great town, we got RIB FEST this week, idk if they had that when you around and jazz fest is coming up this summer, yeah that stores still around, sioux falls is growing fast tho if you havent been here for a couple years you wont even believe how much its grown, pretty cool.....

boognish is offline Coordinator

Yeah, it's been about 10 years since I was last there. No rib or jazz fests back then. I'll have to make a trek back there one of these days. I hope you guys had nice weather over Memorial Day weekend; it's been raining here non-stop :sad: .
    I am a dipshit!!!

oh it was beautiful day today and yesterday, yeah if you havent been here in 10 years you wouldnt believe all the changes, sioux falls is growin, mostly towards the south and the east,

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"boognish" wrote:
    Yeah, it's been about 10 years since I was last there. No rib or jazz fests back then. I'll have to make a trek back there one of these days. I hope you guys had nice weather over Memorial Day weekend; it's been raining here non-stop :sad: .
    The Rib Fest has been on longer than 10 years. I am pretty sure it started in the early 90's. I think the Jazz Fest is also early 90's. Must have been about 14-15 years, right after you left.

ARE you from sioux falls?

this year is the 9th year that rib fest has been put on, its a great time

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"bender_over" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "gpless05" wrote:
    hey i live in gillette wy, and we get the vikings almost every game, unless they play like an afc team then sometimes we dont....but u living in sioux falls will increase ur chances...thats all i got for ya ND
    That is true in SF also, the only way that it would have interference in SF would be if it was an AFC opponent like the Jets. Problem is that they would carry a KC game or a Denver game instead of the Jets on CBS. If they played on Fox, you would see it regardless.
    Wrong, I grew up in the Sioux Falls area and they televise every Vikings game whether it's on FOX or CBS.
    OK, then it is the worst case scenario.

Yes, the Vikings dominate.

I lived in SF from 1990-2000, and I don't remember missing a game on TV. I lived in the SF area from 1971-2000, and like jdvike, I remember the day when the Vikes played on CBS and the AFC teams played on NBC; there were Sundays that we didn't get to see the Vikings game. That is how and when I learned to curse.

Two things I have learned
    Never say Never
    and try to
    Never say Always

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast