vikoles is offline Coordinator

Singletary as our new coach?

Could not find my earlier post "Why not him?" Comments thoughts from anyone? He would make our LB core flat out GREEEEEAAAAATTTTTTTT!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Singletary as our new coach?

Its been discussed in these threads:

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17441&highl ight=singletary

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17455&highl ight=singletary

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17412&highl ight=singletary

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17207&highl ight=singletary

vikoles is offline Coordinator

Thanks I figured as much but such a hard find and the time to get thru it all I just anted to focus on him!?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"vikoles" wrote:
    Could not find my earlier post "Why not him?" Comments thoughts from anyone? He would make our LB core flat out GREEEEEAAAAATTTTTTTT!
    If he was the head coach he would have to do more than make our LB's great. Why would he make our LB's great anyways? Tice was a great line coach and our line was pathetic this year.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=70731#70731

I have been saying this for 13 months, but it looks like we are going with someone else........
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Here is a good assessment of Singletary and becoming a HC. This was posted on ProFootballTalk.com earlier today. Link provided.

ProFootballTalk.com

POSTED 1:58 p.m. EST, January 4, 2006

SINGLETARY NOT A SERIOUS CANDIDATE YET?

There's talk in league circles that, although 49ers linebackers coach Mike Singletary is going to get more than a few interviews for head coaching positions in the coming days and weeks, he's not regarded as being ready to make the jump from position coach to head coach.

The simple reality is that Singletary has been in the coaching business for only three years. Even in a season with eight vacancies (and counting) and not enough top-shelf candidates, the thinking is that Singletary needs more time before he makes the jump to the top job.

When he does make the move -- and many folks believe it is inevitable that he will -- he's expected to become one of the top coaches in the game.

There also could be, as we see it, a certain dues-paying dynamic at work here. Singeltary could encounter plenty of quiet resentment if the perception is that he got a job too soon. And our guess is that Singletary is smart enough to know that he might not want to actually get a head coaching job now, for that very reason.

Besides, there's no shame in being a bridesmaid for a cycle or two before putting on the white dress. Most head coaches spend at least a couple of years honing their interviewing skills (which include the presentation of detailed plans for building a staff and designing an offense and defense) before a fit is found.

Edit: spacing was all jacked up

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NO...BUT I would seriously consider making him our Defensive Coordinator! He has GOT to be better than Ted "Confuse the F*** out of Everyone" Cottrell!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE