Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Similarities between Tommy Kramer & KRob

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Sure, Tommy is known for his drinking and had a few scrapes with the law (drinking and driving for example...as did quite a few other Vikings of the past...never mind all of the other various arrests of Viking players over the years), but Koren's arrest record in Washington, North Carolina and Minnesota reads like a novel. Koren betrayed Viking fans and the Viking organization through his actions, and honestly, I have no pity for Koren what so ever. I hope they throw the book at him. Hopefully his cell mate in prison will help wipe off that smug little smirk I saw on his face as he walked out of that courthouse in Minnesota. He's gonna need to reach true rock bottom before he can really clean up his act. The guy's got some major problems. Thank god we had clauses written into his contract in the event he pulled some pooh like this. Adios Koren. Don't let the big purple door hit you in the jiggly butt on the way out.
    nicely put !!

Rastak is offline Rookie

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    The poison pill and not the clause in Hutch's contract.
    Its really sad to see KRob fall apart, kinda reminds me of Tommy Kramer, another comeback player of the year and former Viking great. But lets not forget football is just a game and the pressures of the NFL, well I dont think any of us on the boad can quite understand.
    Some of us may understand the evils of alcohol and if you can lets hope the best for Koren, he is human afterall.

I remember in college at New Mexico State, some frinds and I used to drive by a well known halfway house and yell out at the recovering addicts, "want a beer", only to find myself there a few years later.......but I guess I can relate and hope those on this board do not sympathize, but just understand......for Koren's sake.

Thanks.
    Boy, I think Koren is in a class by himself. Guy shows up for his jail sentance drunk on an alcohol related charge, violating the terms of his sentancing. Drives 120 miles an hour drunk and heads straight back to camp, leading police on a chase. He is $1 on the dumba$$ list with #2 being a far distant second.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

How about the time Tommy Kramer ran his Mercedes off the 440 highway the night before the 1981 seaon finale vs. the Chiefs and just left it there!!

C'mon, Kramer was arrested at least three times for DUI in Minni and got off all three times.
    The times have changed.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Rastak" wrote:
    "umaguma1979" wrote:
    The poison pill and not the clause in Hutch's contract.
    Its really sad to see KRob fall apart, kinda reminds me of Tommy Kramer, another comeback player of the year and former Viking great. But lets not forget football is just a game and the pressures of the NFL, well I dont think any of us on the boad can quite understand.
    Some of us may understand the evils of alcohol and if you can lets hope the best for Koren, he is human afterall.

I remember in college at New Mexico State, some frinds and I used to drive by a well known halfway house and yell out at the recovering addicts, "want a beer", only to find myself there a few years later.......but I guess I can relate and hope those on this board do not sympathize, but just understand......for Koren's sake.

Thanks.
    Boy, I think Koren is in a class by himself. Guy shows up for his jail sentance drunk on an alcohol related charge, violating the terms of his sentancing. Drives 120 miles an hour drunk and heads straight back to camp, leading police on a chase. He is $1 on the dumba$$ list with #2 being a far distant second.

Now your begining to have a feel for what alcohol does to an alcoholic. It does things to your mind that most normal drinkers can never understand or even comprehend.

He's reaching the critical stage of alcoholism where drinking beomes a necessity, not a pleasure, no matter what the consequences are.

I've been there where you "live to drink" & "drink to live" & it's not a pretty place. I understand completely what he is going through, because I've been there, done that.

I had to sit over 3 months in jail for a DUI conviction in WI, yes they are tough over here, and I showed up at the jail after drinking what I had left in my fridge.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"umaguma1979" wrote:

Thanks.
    If it wasn't for the half-way house & some very caring, sympathetic, supportive & understanding people, I'd be pushing up daisies right now.

There is no doubt in my mind about it.

I thank God they did not turn their backs on me.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

fishbelly is offline Waterboy

I have trouble feeling sorry for a guy that had a chance at "having it all". He was making the big bucks and living the dream. He blew it. Nobody but him. I hope he never plays again. He sucks. I hope one day to pull up at a fast food joint and he's at the window.

Kdub4MVP is offline Rookie

I almost guarantee its only a matter of time before koren has some religious awakening ala Deion , gets off the bottle for good, and come backs for some afc team only to tear it up. hes only 26 so u figure hes got atleast 3 years to clean up his life before u can completely write the
    book on this guy. There will always be a spot on an NFL roster for someone so talented i dont care how screwed up he is.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Having several members of my extended family deal with these situations, i can say that I'm hopefull that he'll make a recovery. what it might take is up to him, as each person is different, and each person see trueth in their own eyes.

hope u can work out of this rut K.r

but i doubt he'll be in the nfl any time soon.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Singersp that is a very serious statement about alcohol. It sounds like you were at rock bottom (3 monthes in jail and drinking just before you arrived). I hope your life is better now and yes, thank God for good friends and family.

I heard a Tommy Kramer interviewed on a Chicago radio staion many years ago and yes, he was intoxicated.
    It was sad, he sounded like he wasn't a mean person, had a family, and he was just lost and destroying his life.
    The interview disturbed me and so did the radio station that used the interview for cheap jokes for the day.
    I turned the station off for good.

All states should have tough drinking and driving laws. Inocent peoples' lives are destroyed by ignorant people who drink too much and drive. I was one of them too and I thank the Lord that I didn't make a mistake driving home.
    Very stupid years that I am not proud of. But we all can change and learn from mistakes.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, hopefully Koren can turn this thing around & catch on somewhere else in his career. Things look bleak, but he has a chance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast