Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign B. Edwards

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Sign B. Edwards

I am all about this signing.
    He catches the ball deep and has been shown to be able to correct poorly thrown balls from Qbs. He is a little of a diva but it seems like he has matured a little bit ( read humbled) What else is out there at WR?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Do it.

The one thing that Simpson has proven he can not do is attack the ball. I don't care if you drop a ball you're going up to get, and that's been a knock on Edwards.

Alot of picks thrown Simpson's way have been underthrows that Simpson camps out under hoping the defender will miss. You can't play receiver that way.

Edwards might not be the greatest player, but he's not afraid to go up and get a ball, which is what we sorely need.

I'm shocked, I actually agree with you on this one.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    If we didn't go after Plaxico I don't see us going after anyone until the off season, but it would be nice if they made it look like they were trying to address the WR problem. They keep saying how they need to surround Ponder with better talent but after 12 games we still have the same collection of slow guys that can't get open or catch.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    After watching Eli and the Giant WRs, it is all about taking chances down field with play calling and speedy WRs.

I don't think either of these WRs get separation at their age.

I like the idea of the WR being able to adjust to poorly thrown balls.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Didn't Edwards stating the folks running the Jets were a bunch of idiots not sure the Vikings will sign him just out of fear of having this pointed out about them.....well by more than just fans that is

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Do it.

I don't care if you drop a ball you're going up to get, and that's been a knock on Edwards.
    I care.

What good is a WR who goes up to catch a ball, but can't catch it? What you have is a more aggressive Troy Williamson.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    OchoMFCinco baby. Saw him on First Take this morning giving a stunning interview as to why he belongs back on the field.

Maybe we can get TO as well and reunite the whole Bengals cast of misunderstood receivers.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I care.

What good is a WR who goes up to catch a ball, but can't catch it? What you have is a more aggressive Troy Williamson.
    Compared to the alternative, which is not going up and watching it get picked off.

If a receiver can force an incompletion, that's better than a pick. If a receiver battles for a jump ball and sometimes can't hold on, whatever, I can get over that. I'm jsut sick of watching Simpson drop slants.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Compared to the alternative, which is not going up and watching it get picked off.

If a receiver can force an incompletion, that's better than a pick. If a receiver battles for a jump ball and sometimes can't hold on, whatever, I can get over that. I'm jsut sick of watching Simpson drop slants.
    And Braylon isnt as bad as most think. A lot of his drops were early in his career. He's alot better but a bit slower now.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    has been shown to be able to correct poorly thrown balls from Qbs.
    This is what pisses me off the most about our WR's. All QB's....Let me say that again, All QB's make bad throws and expect their WR's to make plays when that happens.

Ours (other than Percy and Rudy) seem to have forgot that making plays is in their job description.

I watched Peyton throw a TD pass to the corner of the end zone thurs and I was thinking....INT.....Guess what.....Playmaker and the chucklehead yutz talking heads were all over Peytons ass for trusting his WR to make a play when in fact Peyton just made a dumb ass throw.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast